Resource icon

Misc AC - Disable Shadows Patcher 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
So I think I have a workaround for being able to use PP with this amazing fix. Basically the trick is to run this utility but to not completely turn off the shadows from the in game settings. Instead choose the lowest. Obviously this is not ideal as I am giving the GPU some pointless work to do. But it seems to work for me, PP and no flicker.

good to hear, have you verified the pointless work on the gpu? i think it only allocates those shadow buffers then but they stay empty. shouldn't use any GPU, but PP ofcourse does take GPU xD

btw, ContentManager supports to disable shadows using my method since a week ago, if you also run ContentManager, checkout that new setting!

good to hear, have you verified the pointless work on the gpu? i think it only allocates those shadow buffers then but they stay empty. shouldn't use any GPU, but PP ofcourse does take GPU xD

btw, ContentManager supports to disable shadows using my method since a week ago, if you also run ContentManager, checkout that new setting!

So now gets updated in content manager? we dont need this file anymore? just use CM?

I must be missing something. When I use you app, by executing the .exe in my Assetto root, it works fine. But when I am in CM, I click the (new) box and nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?

I think you need to undo the patcher first. So double click until you have shadow, remove it from your AC folder and then go to CM and activate the new option. Worked for me.
Edit:
See above, I got ninja'd hehe.

i think in CM you still have to put shadow resolution to 0 for it to enable

I think you need to undo the patcher first. So double click until you have shadow, remove it from your AC folder and then go to CM and activate the new option. Worked for me.
Edit:
See above, I got ninja'd hehe.

Which is it? Remove the patcher? Or do I have to put resolution to zero? hal4000 do you have to put resolution to zero?

Yeah, put shadow resolution to off, then try what i said above, should work then. Just make sure the patcher is gone, resolution to off, then activate new option.

Yeah, put shadow resolution to off, then try what i said above, should work then. Just make sure the patcher is gone, resolution to off, then activate new option.
I will try, thank you, but why do we need to play with the resolution, when using the .exe we did not have to lower resolution, it just removed the shadow, irrespective of resolution.

I dont know if anyone already report this...
I use the patcher (big thanks) but in some mod tracks i have that strange black stripe. Seems a shadow but it isnt... The position correspond always to the Y axis of the 3d model, no matter if you change the clock time and the sun position. It never moves from his place.
Where it disappear (like between the two white buildings in zolder pics) is because it goes under the ground. I try to move up or down the entire 3d model of the track with a 3d editor... When i move it down the stripe disappear, when i move it up, the stripe is totally visible (i know that it's a non sense, it should be the opposite....). But that is not a solution because when you move the 3d model, the track doesnt work correctly anymore.
Last thing... I try with different meteo and i notice that the black stripe disappear when the "high sun" multiplier parameter is set to zero (in content manager meteo editor). Obviously in this case you lost the sun light.
Any suggestion to remove this thing?

screen14.jpg
screen15.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!
This modification doing a fantastic job inside VR but have problem... I streaming AC from time to time and now, when I apply this modyfication, on my monitor I have a black preview what makes to unable show my gameplay on livestream.
When I reset shadows (re-launch this modification) to default state all back to normal..
I'm using Oculus.
Anyone have same problem?

this is not working for me any more, it makes my acs.exe disappear, preventing the game to launch
Edit, done what was doing yesterday again today, but now it is working again.
No idea why. :O_o:

Last edited:
I ran the patch and it has disabled the shadows but I think it has messed up the track lighting for me. The track looks very very dull now even with pp on and clear weather setting at 12.00pm. Please have a look at the attached file. I am using the natural mod pp filter but the same problem exists with the default one too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_ks_nordschleife_16-6-118-13-12-3.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_ks_nordschleife_16-6-118-13-12-3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 213

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back