Resource icon

Misc AC - Disable Shadows Patcher 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe you habe the patcher in the wrong folder? It needs to be right next to the acs.exe
Then again, only 64-bit works.
Maybe try to run the patcher in admin mode :)

Runs fine for me and afaik every acs.exe should be identical!

sadly google search shows that 1.15 is already out there cracked/pirated, which would then have a different acs.exe checksum since they probably rip out the steam parts.

to everyone who didn't buy the game: i won't make an effort to support those cracked game versions.

sadly google search shows that 1.15 is already out there cracked/pirated, which would then have a different acs.exe checksum since they probably rip out the steam parts.

to everyone who didn't buy the game: i won't make an effort to support those cracked game versions.
I get why people do this, but not with assetto corsa. So cheap with keys or in a sale and you really get a lot for your money.
Pretty nice that your modification only works with legal content :p

For everyone where it doesn't work: delete acs.exe and run the integrity check. If the patcher is in the same folder right next to the acs.exe and you run it with admin rights then it will work, 100%! :)

Maybe you habe the patcher in the wrong folder? It needs to be right next to the acs.exe
Then again, only 64-bit works.
Maybe try to run the patcher in admin mode :)

I have it in AC root folder. I have run it as admin. I am using the 64 bit. I run in VR using content manager as launcher (maybe this is issue?)

It is not working as it gives error message about wrong version.

I am NOT running a cracked version.... http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976030327/
It does not work even after reinstall of game..
I'm sorry, I didn't want to imply that you were running a ripped version.
We have some problems with certain people from time to time so better be careful first, I hope you understand :)

Sadly I can't help with it not working. I can't see a reason why it wouldn't but I hope the author can help you! :)

working on 1.15.1 support..

@YellowLawnChair sorry it doesn't work for you. maybe you actually are on 1.15.1 already. if so, try v0.4 which i will release soon.

thanks to everyone in this thread. there will be times again when kunos doesn't release so many updates and i don't have to update the tool all the time to make it work for you guys again. :)

Last edited:
@lianju Thank you for the .4 update. I didn't realize that AC updated to 1.15.1, but that must have been the issue since the new patcher worked perfectly. Thank you again.

@RusmusP no hard feelings. Completely understand.
Thanks for noting that, I didn't see the little patch too!

Works flawless again! :)

BTW: I'm not driving in VR, I just don't need flickering shadows on my monitor either while racing.
Thanks to the 1-click-only solution I just enable them back when I want to do some recording/screenshots/etc

Thanks,
your patch makes such a difference to how AC looks... cant believe anyone can drive with shadows on... except maybe on high speed tracks where you dont go slow enough to see as much filckering.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Worked fine for me, thanks, no need for shadows IMO, although my virus checker said it was a trojan, you get a lot of false positives with these kind of files, I trusted it wasn't and disabled it to install then deleted the Shadow Patcher exe file, enabled the virus checker again, checked the acs.exe file for viruses and all is well.

yea, like i mentioned in another review reply, thats why i also upload the source code for each version.

sad those virus checkers trigger a false positive, but understandable because we are the patching acs.exe file like a virus might do. except that we patch it (rewrite part of it) to get rid of shadows xD

i wonder if all versions have that issue or just the latest? wouldn't make any sense though if its just the latest.

There is something definitely odd here. Disable all and everything to do with antivirus. And I still cannot download the file without it saying, virus detected. Which I do find rather odd as none is running. Had no problem with previous versions, up until now. If anybody else has got a fix for this problem, please share. As I have no idea where to go from here. All other add-ons, mods etc, download just fine with antivirus on, as its always been.

PS: The only version that is now downloadable is 0.1. All others give me a virus detected and fails to download.

Last edited:
My problems only happened after my anti-virus program updated it's virus definitions.

Also make sure you're not running some other program, like a malware detector or the one that comes with Windows.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back