Resource icon

Misc AC - Disable Shadows Patcher 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
How much of a visual downgrade does this give? I could use a little FPS boost on my end, but I quite like the effect of running through the shadows from the trees on tracks like Nords and would be unfortunate to lose that all completely. FWIW I haven't really noticed flickering shadows.

How much of a visual downgrade does this give? I could use a little FPS boost on my end, but I quite like the effect of running through the shadows from the trees on tracks like Nords and would be unfortunate to lose that all completely. FWIW I haven't really noticed flickering shadows.

Try it, it's easy to turn off/on
Personal it looks better for me, I don't even notice it off

I'm not sure if it was this, or natural weather VR mod, but for some reason there was shadows in one eye that wasn't in the other. It was really playing with my mind, until I had a map that was slow paced enough I noticed that wheels were bright in one eye and dark in another eye.

@emiljensen2 : in which car ? I have the same effect with the Vortex (in RSS GT mod ). Left view is ok and right view is without any shiny surface in cockpit mode.
I didn't check all cars, but it's currently the only one where I noticed that.
FYI: an easy workaround is to remove PP effects completely.

@Ryno917 : it will remove all shadows, the only one left is a static shadow under your car. But as magzire said, just try it. Run shadow patcher executable and your acs.exe is modified, run it another time and acs.exe is back to its previous state.

@emiljensen2 : in which car ? I have the same effect with the Vortex (in RSS GT mod ). Left view is ok and right view is without any shiny surface in cockpit mode.
I didn't check all cars, but it's currently the only one where I noticed that.
FYI: an easy workaround is to remove PP effects completely.
So enabling this but disabling PP? I kinda installed this for the power to run PP so I can see brake lights better.
I'm pretty sure I had it in the e30 drift, and some drift workshop lada mods. But the e30 I think it was like the track itself (drift) because my eyes noticed oddness while in solo play.

Anyone else having issues with the new version? I told Avast I trust the file but it just says it will let Avast know. Should I try and create an exception in Avast for it?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back