Resource icon

Misc AC - Disable Shadows Patcher 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
lianju submitted a new resource:

Assetto Corsa Disable Shadows Patcher - disables shadows in acs.exe render pipeline for 1.14.4

in VR, shadows tend to flicker and aren't easy on the eyes. sadly we can't disable them completely.

this simple tool replaces one byte in the acs.exe binary to disable the shadowMapPass function of the rendering pipeline. resulting in no more shadows, yay. very enjoyable in VR.

instructions:
* this currently only works with acs.exe 1.14.4
* unzip and place in the same directory as acs.exe
* run acs_disable_shadows_patcher.exe to disable shadows
* run again to enable them again
source code:...

Read more about this resource...

Doesn't even look so bad :)
For some flicker free sessions just perfect! Especially since it's only 1-click to swap between the set up shadows and this.
Great job, really! :inlove:
awd.png

I didn't try it much, but it seems to do what it says, simply removes the shadows. It doesn't break anything else, or at least I haven't noticed.

:) yea i think SHADOW_MAP_SIZE=-1 and alike result in your described huge shadow area following you behavior.

this tool really just skips the whole shadow rendering completely by returning that code function early and thus not allowing it to render those 3 (shadow splits) shadow textures at all.

• Deleted member 243506

excellent job:thumbsup:.. just tryed it with pimax 4k works perfectly. takes a bit of the ghosting away aswell. boost fps
"..we dont need no stinking shadows!!.."

Don't tell me it doesn't work anymore?!
Didn't try it yet but I have a race today later and don't want ugly flicker flicker shadows :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 121 8.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 159 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 410 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 581 38.7%