Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Chosen by you as track of the month, we're racing on Virginia International Raceway, VIR in short. Always interested to see how the Abarth will hold its own in the tricky curvy part against the Mazdas.

1692603250876.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/f1a4f789-f306-4bd7-9466-ce2334fa4106?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
hello im interested in participate
Hi Robi77,

That's great! I will send you a PM with your Emperor account to sign up and some other information for newcomers.

Please enter your real name in your RDaccount/account details/. There's a field Real Name.
It's one of our rules for joining club races so we know who you are. It's for internal use only.

See you on track!

hello, I'm interested in participating in the tournament, is there still free space?
Hi Tiago,

Sure! We love to have you.
You can sign up via an Emperor account that I will create for you.
You will receive a PM from me with the credentials and a lot of other information for newcomers in this events.

Hi, I'm thinking of joining this race but I don't have a premium account or an emperor account for that matter. I'll probably be home about 1.5 hours before practice. Do you think I'll still be able to join?
If you get Premium I can set you up with Emperor within minutes so you can sign up.
You will also get the information to join the event. 1.5 hours is fine. You can even start practicing on the practice server which is running 24/7.

Great race on one of my favorite tracks. Although there are so many risky uncomfortable bends here, I really like the track.

Regarding the race: Crash on the first lap with I think Andre (yellow Mazda) which I think was my fault. If I had driven a bit more aggressively into the corner, it would not have happened. At most, the doors would have banged against each other. After that, last position and a catch up began. That was fun!

Great event as always with the car combination! :thumbsup:

Okay race for me, kept out of trouble and apart from the the last few laps :confused: it was an uneventful race apart from just one off. Glad to see the back of VIR. It was a circuit I dreaded when we were running GT3 races every Sunday. With a bit of luck it will be a while before we return.
Well off the pace, so it did not bother me as much as it normally would. So this circuit was just a grind, so well done everyone.

Thanks all for racing tonight! Congrats to the podium and also the new guys for a great debut:thumbsup:!
Next week I will not be there myself as I'm on a short holiday.

Please make sure you have a replay if you want to report a driver.
Have a good one, guys!

Thanks for organising tonight @HF2000 Han, really enjoyed it:thumbsup:

Thanks also to all for the fair racing:inlove:, first few laps were a bit of a 'mare, got caught in someone else's kerfuffle, then trying to get places back was fun.

Congrats to podiums of both classes, and in the Abarths.... @Twoddle Jason, your pace was something else, if you could keep the lead to around 3 secs it'd be much appreciated:laugh:

Great race on one of my favorite tracks. Although there are so many risky uncomfortable bends here, I really like the track.

Regarding the race: Crash on the first lap with I think Andre (yellow Mazda) which I think was my fault. If I had driven a bit more aggressively into the corner, it would not have happened. At most, the doors would have banged against each other. After that, last position and a catch up began. That was fun!

Great event as always with the car combination! :thumbsup:
Ahaa that was you! I was on your inside and you steered into me BUT!!! we were 3 wide and in the first lap, so these things can happen no worries.

Later on having cold / dirty tyres i went off in the fast corner trying to make up the lost places. Later on had a lonely race.

Sorry for leaving again.

I underestimated the track and only downloaded it before joining in the practice session. I't a nice but quite difficult one and I was juggling setup, trying to go fast, and keeping the car on track.
Unfortunatelly after a continuous fast connection for 90 mins during practice and quali, it decided to kick me out again while waiting for the green lights. Came back half a minute behind everyone and then I spun out a couple of laps later and gave up. I was too tired to do another practice session while being blue flagged.

At least I was happy to have been able to add another new driver to our group

Last edited:
Oh it was yesterday ... I had today in mind.
With this track I had problems with the MX5 gear levels, switched to the Abarth and got on much better with it .
I had quite good times (for my level) in offline practice ... and then i missed it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 464 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.2%
Back