Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Another short track this week but one that we have visited before and had a great race then.
Tough and tight, the Barbagallo circuit (formerly known as Wanneroo Raceway) is short and quite technical. Passing opportunities are generally limited to turns six and seven under brakes but maybe the Mazda can out turn the Abarth in the curvy sector.

This event will be hosted by @JamKart22 !

1692825005915.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/f1a4f789-f306-4bd7-9466-ce2334fa4106?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Just a guess Kimi, I don’t think they would want to upset the apple cart on a successful series.
It will be interesting to see what Han says about it though.:)

Was fun racing again after a short summer break!

Short track, but I just couldn't nail it. Tried so many things, mostly overdriving still.

Quali okay, P10, then survived first laps, Fulvio got me at some point, last corner he was on the brakes a tad earlier than I was, so bumped him a little to the other pit entry, sorry for that Fulvio! Luckily he could continue at full speed. It costed me two places.

Wasn't very consistent tonight, I alternated between stupid overdriving and some pretty okay laps, when I was able to hit apex' and exits right. Struggling with the last corner and the turn before that.

Had some racing for positions, could do an overtake, took three blue flags, lost pedals (USB) in lap 41, giving Joseph an easy pass, got the pedals back just in time to keep Kimi behind. After Callum passed me on blue, I managed to keep Jason on blue far enough behind, so only the podium lapped me :cool: .

Congratz podium people and thank you Collin for hosting tonight!

See ya next week!

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for "Race Control" Colin :inlove:

Second, Big SORRY to Fulvio for defending against you my Simhub was seriously messed up and I didn´t trust the blue flags :poop:
(So it took him actually a full lap to get around me :()

Race report.

a little kerfufle at the start (nothing out of the ordinary),

than a bit orderly dogfighting, the quicker guys took of, had acoming together with Jonny
(racing incident, he gave the curtiously back the position:thumbsup:),

then some very uncomfortable laps where Ernie was stalking me waiting for the kill
his moment,

great white hunter.PNG

but somehow he was distracted, so after a little "playing" with Johnny again I came in 8th which satiesfies me.

I also took 3/10 out of my previous PB running from Ernie, so i must have been scared ;)

Last edited:
So, after finding pace and nabbing a P7 on qualy I got sent to the pits with 10 seconds to start... why, I don't know. The clock turned into lights and suddenly I was on the pits, managed to click on the steering wheel icon and rejoined the grid only to be sent back to the pits with a "controls locked for 60 seconds"... so everyone took off while I had to wait to get my wheel moving again, which happened just when the whole field was completing lap 1... I considered quitting right there and then but thought... 'maybe I can unlap myself, somehow... that would be a proper racing challenge." And so I exited the pits behind the pack and got to work. :coffee:

I closed down on Kimi at the back and we had a good scrap for a couple of laps with a bit of rubbing but managed to keep it "civil" (sorry and thanks Kimi), I somehow got a better exit at the second-to-last corner, the broad hairpin at the back, which allowed me to pass but then he dived into the pits and my fun was gone. I then caught up with Colin and made another pass after a few tries. Paulo was close behind and kept Colin busy so I could pull a gap and pursue the cars ahead... then, somehow I had Andre in front of me, right after my Jim had said that he was on P1... :confused:

We had a fun scrap but I had a couple of consecutive bad exits so I went into the pits to serve my splash-and-dash... Andre followed and we came out of the pits between a Mazda and an Abarth (can't remember who was who, sorry)... I somehow got by everyone but Andre got stuck and, more weird stuff, a lap later he was behind me but on last place... how he managed to take that away from me was a mystery. We had a long chase for a good amount of laps but then I saw him miss an apex and disappear from the server... :(

Being in no-mans-land I kept pushing and with a few laps to go I caught up with Colin again and managed a pass (thanks for the space Colin) which got me officially 'unlapped'... at least for 1 position. So, the moral of tonight's story is: perseverance pays off kids! :laugh:

Thank you Colin for taking up the Race Director's baton this time, you did great... loved the move to 'police the exit of the last corner' by parking there. Hope you had some doughnuts with you... :D Congratulations to the winners and podiums. It was great to have new racers on track too, hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll see you all next week chaps!

Last edited:
Ha Ha, I had no intention of over taking, you Carsren, even if I could, if you had come off I would have taken a free gift, Other than that I just used you as a pacemaker.
I must have let 3 or 4 Mazda's over take for free, I was racing no one, kimi was too far behind and Jason was way too fast for me.:p:p:p
Han was on holiday.:whistling::whistling:

Last edited:
Thank you Colin for taking up the Race Director's baton this time, you did great... loved the move to 'police the exit of the last corner' by parking there. Hope you had some doughnuts with you... :D
Damn, I totally misunderstood that move and even complained about it because the flashing yellow flags distracted me :unsure:

Please strike my remark from the record, I´ll show myself out :(

Shame I missed this one. My T300 broke shortly after start of last sundays race. Hope to be back soon racing with you guys. After hours of research I think the glued magnet inside the motor got loose. Seems a common problem in T300 so that's that.....
Considering to go to the fanatec gt3 at Hockenheim this weekend but that's not fixed 100 percent.
Solution to wheel is ahead so cu next time soon.

Last edited:
So, after finding pace and nabbing a P7 on qualy I got sent to the pits with 10 seconds to start... why, I don't know. The clock turned into lights and suddenly I was on the pits, managed to click on the steering wheel icon and rejoined the grid only to be sent back to the pits with a "controls locked for 60 seconds"... so everyone took off while I had to wait to get my wheel moving again, which happened just when the whole field was completing lap 1... I considered quitting right there and then but thought... 'maybe I can unlap myself, somehow... that would be a proper racing challenge." And so I exited the pits behind the pack and got to work. :coffee:

I closed down on Kimi at the back and we had a good scrap for a couple of laps with a bit of rubbing but managed to keep it "civil" (sorry and thanks Kimi), I somehow got a better exit at the second-to-last corner, the broad hairpin at the back, which allowed me to pass but then he dived into the pits and my fun was gone. I then caught up with Colin and made another pass after a few tries. Paulo was close behind and kept Colin busy so I could pull a gap and pursue the cars ahead... then, somehow I had Andre in front of me, right after my Jim had said that he was on P1... :confused:

We had a fun scrap but I had a couple of consecutive bad exits so I went into the pits to serve my splash-and-dash... Andre followed and we came out of the pits between a Mazda and an Abarth (can't remember who was who, sorry)... I somehow got by everyone but Andre got stuck and, more weird stuff, a lap later he was behind me but on last place... how he managed to take that away from me was a mystery. We had a long chase for a good amount of laps but then I saw him miss an apex and disappear from the server... :(

Being in no-mans-land I kept pushing and with a few laps to go I caught up with Colin again and managed a pass (thanks for the space Colin) which got me officially 'unlapped'... at least for 1 position. So, the moral of tonight's story is: perseverance pays off kids! :laugh:

Thank you Colin for taking up the Race Director's baton this time, you did great... loved the move to 'police the exit of the last corner' by parking there. Hope you had some doughnuts with you... :D Congratulations to the winners and podiums. It was great to have new racers on track too, hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll see you all next week chaps!
Great Racing guys and many thanx to colin having the heavy task of controlliing these idiots in Mazda's and Fiats.

That being sayd, I was not in the greatest shape this race, I quallified oke-ish but in the race I managed to get to 3rd and follow the leaders in at 2 secs distance. Then I did my pitstop early and ended up in a pack where I lost a lot of time driving off line fighting with some guys. After coming behind Carsten I went a bit wide in the 2nd corner and went off having a enormous tankslapper.

When I went off the track the grass was very slippery downhill and kept on sliding to the other part of the track, the server then teleported me back to the pits with 35secs locked out controls.

Coming back on track I was behind Raul and he made a pitstop, so I did also to have some sort of a race together.

Raul had very good pace, well done buddy!

Ha Ha, I did see that, thought I was seeing things as you completely disappeared very quickly, just about saw the Mazdas rear end go over grass banking, then noticed a gap up front.
:unsure::unsure::unsure:
It was so quick and clinical.:roflmao::roflmao:

Hi guys,

I hope you had a great race at Barbagello. Thanks, Colin, for hosting that one!

I just came back from holiday and of course first I had to watch Max getting his 10th victory in row before setting up the event for Wednesday.
So here it is now. https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-norisring-50s-wed-6th-september-2023.263165/
Not a difficult one with less days for practicing.

Hope to see you on track!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 458 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back