A little help needed regarding Buttkickers LFE large and amplifier

First of all, this is a great place for finding information about sim racing gear. There is a a lot in this forum in regards to the Buttkickers, and I have a simple question.

I bought a Behringer NX6000D amp to run 2 x Buttkickers LFE's full size in simvibe extension mode. The question is what cables do I need and where should be connected.

In addition, this may not be relavant but it might be worth mentioning that already have configured 4 mini lfe's buttkickers chassis mode. The amp I am using for mini's is Emotiva BasX A500 and It works well.

As for the Behringer nx6000d, it uses different cables for inputs and outputs.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Is there any way to run or revert to Windows 1903?

I'm not so sure you could revert. You could freshly install 1903 but I really don't think that's worth the hassle and compromise it'll cause you just to get the Xonar AE installed.

I noticed Asus never met their deadline on the new driver release but my advice would be to hang on for a little longer for it to arrive so you can (hopefully) do a straightforward driver install without having to mess up and start over with every other piece of software on your PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not so sure you could revert. You could freshly install 1903 but I really don't think that's worth the hassle and compromise it'll cause you just to get the Xonar AE installed.

I noticed Asus never met their deadline on the new driver release but my advice would be to hang on for a little longer for it to arrive so you can (hopefully) do a straightforward driver install without having to mess up and start over with every other piece of software on your PC.
You have a good point. it might be better to wait until they release the working compatible driver.

As it seems they are behind their schedule

Cheers

Upvote 0
A quick question for people familiar with Simvibe Chassis vs Extension mode:

I understand how Chassis mode works, but I am not very familiar with Extension mode. Will it be possible to have 2x buttkickers to perform the same action in Extension? For example 2x mounted on the shifter side and 2x under my wheel base rather than having one for each (seat, shifter, pedals and wheel) ?

Upvote 0
A quick question for people familiar with Simvibe Chassis vs Extension mode:

I understand how Chassis mode works, but I am not very familiar with Extension mode. Will it be possible to have 2x buttkickers to perform the same action in Extension? For example 2x mounted on the shifter side and 2x under my wheel base rather than having one for each (seat, shifter, pedals and wheel) ?

CM and EM each required a separate soundcard as Simvibe limits each soundcard to the front/rear channels. EM mode while supporting 4 channels is also MONO only, so some effects are not even available (Suspension?) in EM mode that are possible in CM mode.

In Simvibe you have to keep swapping between CM/EM modes to then access the effects to alter them its a real bollocks in its user interface. Its "Output Mixer" capabilities are atrocious compared to Simhub.

Your choice but REALLY need to spend some time to compare "Simhub Shake-it" to Simvibe as Simvibe really hasn't changed much since 2012 and Simhub has improved things for tactile a lot in what it offers and has a clean more friendly user interface.

The first point to note that a 7.1 card in Simhub can allow ALL channels to be used and with Simhub you can distribute ALL or ANY effects to whatever channels or indeed soundcards you want. So none of Simvibes constraints. It also works superbly with USB soundcards and thats something Mr Villers did not recommend with Simvibe (possibly latency issues)?

If using higher-end hardware then one other benefit is the ability to create and control more advanced effects in Simhub than what Simvibe made possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For all people who were waiting for this crazy driver update from
Asus , I can confirm its working and you are now able to install successfully. It has been fixed.
As for the sound glitches or overall sound quality I can not tell as the purpose of using Asus sound card is only for the transducers or Buttkickers.

happy days!

Upvote 0
CM and EM each required a separate soundcard as Simvibe limits each soundcard to the front/rear channels. EM mode while supporting 4 channels is also MONO only, so some effects are not even available (Suspension?) in EM mode that are possible in CM mode.

In Simvibe you have to keep swapping between CM/EM modes to then access the effects to alter them its a real bollocks in its user interface. Its "Output Mixer" capabilities are atrocious compared to Simhub.

Your choice but REALLY need to spend some time to compare "Simhub Shake-it" to Simvibe as Simvibe really hasn't changed much since 2012 and Simhub has improved things for tactile a lot in what it offers and has a clean more friendly user interface.

The first point to note that a 7.1 card in Simhub can allow ALL channels to be used and with Simhub you can distribute ALL or ANY effects to whatever channels or indeed soundcards you want. So none of Simvibes constraints. It also works superbly with USB soundcards and thats something Mr Villers did not recommend with Simvibe (possibly latency issues)?

If using higher-end hardware then one other benefit is the ability to create and control more advanced effects in Simhub than what Simvibe made possible.
Thanks Mr. Latte, as always, your support is greatly appreciated. I am familiar with the Smvibe requirements but I've never had a chance to use both CM and EM mode. I have been using CM only. Soon will install a fresh copy of simvibe and will run 8 BK's in CM and EM. I will play around with it until I get more familiar and of course I will definitely try Simhub as well later on. Only then will be able to see the difference between the two.
In regards to my original question I only wanted to know whether in EM is possible to assign the same effect to two separate channels/Bk's.

now that you have explained i will have to fiddle with it and see what i can do with it

Upvote 0
Simvibe info

EM lets you use upto 4 outputs and assign these their own volume but you do not have the same level of output control for effects to independent channels as you do with Simhub.

Its really outdated now and think your bonkers if you still plan to use it. :)
Thanks Mr.Latte.

Can you recommend most useful SIMHUB video tutorials please? I would like to see and get familiar with it.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Thanks Mr.Latte.

Can you recommend most useful SIMHUB video tutorials please? I would like to see and get familiar with it.
Cheers

I'm not aware of any YouTube vids. I wrote this a few months ago... Maybe it helps?

I wouldn't call it a tutorial, though. More of a theory of operation.

Upvote 0
I'm not aware of any YouTube vids. I wrote this a few months ago... Maybe it helps?

I wouldn't call it a tutorial, though. More of a theory of operation.
Thanks.

It would be nice to have a video tutorial to get around it faster. Just my personal preference.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

It would be nice to have a video tutorial to get around it faster. Just my personal preference.

Some people have been using Simvibe for years and they wouldn't be able to tell you certain things about some of its settings or effects in how it works. They just move sliders to where they like them. ;)

Tactile does require a bit of experimentation by the user to dial in effects they perhaps like or how they want effects to be output to specific channels.

Not a video but this is official
In general, it is not that hard to learn its UI

Note, some videos I have seen on YT about Simhub are not always that accurate.

Personally, with the audio hardware/software I have bought into I want to learn and see first hand, how effects operate and what different settings actually do. Also to learn how we can combine better effects and frequencies over available channels.

Another topic I want to look into is being able to determine how different sim titles use 7.1 compared to stereo output and visually see/compare each channel's audio.

Upvote 0
Finally, received all the parts that I need to complete the 'Tactile' setup. :D it took awhile to arrive due to Christmas holidays. Preparing cables (wiring) as we speak.

In regards to the NX6000d? is it necessary to have it plugged in my computer via usb port? Is this necessary for updates or setup or both?

I am so tempted to get Simhub (as per Mr.Latte recommendation) and experiment with it but for now my eyes are still on simvibe. Maybe I could switch between both and see what works better for me? Still looking for useful Simhub video tutorials, no luck.

Mr.Latte, maybe you should make one basic video introduction and than a few more for advanced users.

Upvote 0
Finally, received all the parts that I need to complete the 'Tactile' setup. :D it took awhile to arrive due to Christmas holidays. Preparing cables (wiring) as we speak.

In regards to the NX6000d? is it necessary to have it plugged in my computer via usb port? Is this necessary for updates or setup or both?

I am so tempted to get Simhub (as per Mr.Latte recommendation) and experiment with it but for now my eyes are still on simvibe. Maybe I could switch between both and see what works better for me? Still looking for useful Simhub video tutorials, no luck.

Mr.Latte, maybe you should make one basic video introduction and than a few more for advanced users.

USB to configure the amp, then save settings to internal memory slot on the amp. You can also backup fave setups to PC location folders for safe keeping. Or to load a setting into multiple amps and other people's shared amp settings.

The amp will power on with the last used memory profile.
So really once setup you dont have to use the USB

Simhub does a lot more than just tactile.
For transducers/bass shakers this is official info and you can also go to the Discord channel.

Some unofficial videos of it can be found on Youtube

I strongly recommend you send a donation to the developer of Simhub to unlock the full version and give it a try as I am sure others would agree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the link and support. I just finished my hardware setup. All mounted and ready to go.

Downloaded and donated money to simhub devs. I've used simhub 10 min only and really like it a lot. Its much easier than simvibe. I am yet to play around with settings. Hopefully this coming weekend.

It seems there is a lot to learn and I will be posting many questions. :)

If anyone would like to share Nx6000D stetting for simhub purposes please feel free to attach files or share pictures.

Please note that I am new to Simhub. I have 4x large and 4x small BK's, 2x dedicated sound cards (asus xonar and sound blaster audigy fx), 2x NX6000D amplifiers and one emotiva bas x A500. My go to sim is Raceroom. My second favourite is iRacing mainly due to excellent online system.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Let's have you tell us what the BK feels like at the max rated 1500w.
It would be good to get your feedback on the unit performance by comparing the large Vs smaller BK and issues you find or need to overcome.

Play around with individual effects one at a time. Then try combinations and tweak.
You can copy effect layers from anyone's profile, to then paste them into your own to give you a headstart with effect settings some others have experimented with.

Upvote 0
It would be good to get your feedback on the unit performance by comparing the large Vs smaller BK and issues you find or need to overcome.

Play around with individual effects one at a time. Then try combinations and tweak.
You can copy effect layers from anyone's profile, to then paste them into your own to give you a headstart with effect settings some others have experimented with.
Thanks for your advice.

It might be too early to give any comments about large BK's vs small but certainly there is a lot more vibe coming through the rig from the large BK. Note that my amps are not configured yet and all I have is default settings on startup.
Furthermore, I also need to get the volumes right from an amplifier. As I mentioned before, used it only for a very short time.

Soon will get back to you with more constructive feedback.

Once again, thanks for such a great support!

Upvote 0

Swift update:
My initial thought regarding the Large BK's vs Mini BK's. As expected, large Bk's are very powerful and brilliant for low frequencies. I can feel very deep shake and rumble that I have never felt before. I am very pleased with it but when it comes to higher frequencies they are not so good which is understandable. The Mini's are perfect for responsive high frequencies that gives you sharp grinding feel. from what I have seen, a combination of 4 large and 4 mini's is a must have if you are looking for best possible experience in the world of shakers or buttkickers.

Now something to note here, my software setup is still work in progress and I just scratched the surface. I am yet to configure Nx6000D's and get around Simvibe or Simhub. That being said, I am still using Simvibe because I am having some issues with Simhub. I have two dedicated sound cards as mentioned before. Sound blaster for mini Bk's and Asus for Large BK's . For some reason SimHuB can recognise 4 channels coming from Asus card and strangely it shows 6 channels from Sound blaster. It should be 4 channels and not 6. Not sure why?

However, in Simvibe is a bit different story, all working well except that Gear shift effects are not picked up in Chassis mode that are connected to Large BK's.

That's all for now. Next, i shall get some amp presets installed.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Good that you are finding a new level of experience

Although, still not close to feeling the full low depth of the large LFE yet, as you stated you have not so far applied what is possible with the DSP (crossover/eq). We can increase the very lowest Hz much more and gradually reduce/ease this extra gain over the higher range.Thats what the crossover curves do with upto 12dB extra amplitude to frequencies below 20Hz.

I did a small Simhub profile to help people discover and play around with different frequencies.
See Here

Can I ask you for a favor?
Would you do with no DSP added a comparison of the Mini - full size BK and determine what Hz each feels nice from and too. Lets get more clarity in what Hz on your rig you feel the Mini working better too and what is the limit of the larger BK.

I want you to also do tests with over 100Hz - 200Hz as this will also establish what Hz you discover the BK Mini is fading out at to the point it is not felt hardly at all.

As for Simhub Soundcards
Have you set the cards to "custom mode"
Also do the soundcards properties in Windows and "Configure" each card to operate with all channels and all channels to large. Let other software make changes and apply this to each soundcard properties.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back