A little help needed regarding Buttkickers LFE large and amplifier

First of all, this is a great place for finding information about sim racing gear. There is a a lot in this forum in regards to the Buttkickers, and I have a simple question.

I bought a Behringer NX6000D amp to run 2 x Buttkickers LFE's full size in simvibe extension mode. The question is what cables do I need and where should be connected.

In addition, this may not be relavant but it might be worth mentioning that already have configured 4 mini lfe's buttkickers chassis mode. The amp I am using for mini's is Emotiva BasX A500 and It works well.

As for the Behringer nx6000d, it uses different cables for inputs and outputs.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
One more question regarding the power outlets/ wall plugs. Is it be possible to have2 x 6000d amps plugged in into one power outlet without have any issues?

Should be fine. Depends where you live what your socket can accommodate or if using an extender/multi-gang block as not to exceed its recommended watts.

Upvote 0
Should be fine. Depends where you live what your socket can accommodate or if using an extender/multi-gang block as not to exceed its recommended watts.
Australian standards. I am thinking of having both amplifiers plugged in directly to the wall outlet whilst other equipment from the external power board into another wall outlet.

Upvote 0
Yeah though care needs to be taken to get one with good airflow ratings, so usually the quieter product lines/models will have less rpm and less airflow. These replacements are already down on the original fans output. I can say with confidence that I've had no failures or overheating problems with the Noctua models and years of usage in these amps.

Example of Noctua airflow ratings but yes other brands will have similarly rated models and likely for less money.

Thanks for the link.

The arctic silver fans I use have pretty much identical airflow (31 CFM) to the noctuas but are slightly louder (22.5dBA for the arctic vs 17.7dbA for the noctua), and the arctics are about half the price of the noctuas.

Given that the fans in my nvidia GPUs run round 30-40dBA the difference in fan noise arctic vs noctua is irrelevant for me though.

Regarding the behringer amps and airflow, the stock fans are designed to keep them working when driven to clipping for hours on end rack-mounted with other amps in hot sweaty humid nightclubs. Reducing the airflow when using one at home for subwoofers or tactile won't be a problem.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link.

The arctic silver fans I use have pretty much identical airflow (31 CFM) to the noctuas but are slightly louder (22.5dBA for the arctic vs 17.7dbA for the noctua), and the arctics are about half the price of the noctuas.

Given that the fans in my nvidia GPUs run round 30-40dBA the difference in fan noise arctic vs noctua is irrelevant for me though.

Regarding the behringer amps and airflow, the stock fans are designed to keep them working when driven to clipping for hours on end rack-mounted with other amps in hot sweaty humid nightclubs. Reducing the airflow when using one at home for subwoofers or tactile won't be a problem.

Certainly, I would expect people will choose various brands and yeah cheaper is available, I have always recommended the Noctua brand as I know others and myself have been using these with no problems for this application since 2012. Specs may not vary that much with some brands/models. The main point is being aware of the 31 CFM ratings as some even quieter fans offer much less ratings.

With the DSP models, you have control of the input and output levels and if you increase the output gain within the (crossover filter) it will work the amp much harder and the fans will come on. With Simhub usage, I would expect we are using constant very low frequencies much more than typical sources like music or movies.

So as a source tactile via tone generation can be very demanding on amps and units.
This also depends on the way they are controlled. The number of effects or effect layers people use as well as what gain settings for those are set. Lots of variables really can come into play to how hard the amp is worked or the transducer is being utilised.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The rig is now isolated from the carpeted platform. I've noticed an increase in vibrations effects at least 30% more produced by mini LFE buttkickers. I will replace them with the Large LFE buttkickers as soon as I receieve mounting plates/ brackets. The mini LFE's will serve the purpose of extension mode in simvibe. Things like amplifiers and other will be mounted at the back of the sim rig (photos will be uploaded later). All cables are installed and ready for wiring .

Now I can really see how important is to have your sim rig isolated from the floor. It makes a massive difference. It's a must! I am getting really good vibrations from mini/s which tells me that large LFE's are going to be on another level, I guess.

Two large BK's will be mounted on the left and right side next to the foot pedals as shown (currently mini's are visible and will be replaced soon). The other two will be under my seat.

20201208_200348 (Large).jpg

20201208_200544 (Large).jpg

20201208_200430 (Large).jpg

20201208_200848 (Large).jpg

20201206_212637 (Large).jpg

Upvote 0
Hey impressive looking setup.
Good to hear that you are getting improved feedback with the isolation.

I think you have missed a trick with the platform base.
With it being quite large you could of made (or alter), it to now accommodate all amps etc for a tidy and compact housing. Although as a box I'm, curious does it retain some harmonics drone/hum sounds, does it have any sound-deadening or sound blocking insulation?

Looking at the rear BK installation it could be improved. You are applying the common mindset of CM on the 4 corners.

Do me a favour, for these rear units draw for us lines (2 colours) from these or additional photographs two things.

1) The path with connecting materials/components the tactile energy has to travel to reach your seat.
2) The places you think the energy can travel too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey impressive looking setup.
Good to hear that you are getting improved feedback with the isolation.

I think you have missed a trick with the platform base.
With it being quite large you could of made it accommodate all amps etc for a tidy and compact housing. Although as a box I'm, curious does it retain some harmonics drone/hum sounds, does it have any sound-deadening or sound blocking insulation?

Looking at the rear BK installation it could be improved. You are applying the common mindset of CM on the 4 corners.

Do me a favour, for these rear units draw for us lines (2 colours) from these or additional photographs two things.

1) The path with connecting materials/components the tactile energy has to travel to reach your seat.
2) The places you think the energy can travel too?
Thanks for your support. Very much appreciated.

The box, or I call it a platform is very solid and heavy. Made out of construction grade planks and also have MDF 18mm on top so the rig sits on it. There are no harmonics or hum sounds. It's more solid than my floors :) Also it doesn't have any boxy sound. When you tap it or kick it..... it feels like concrete and it sounds like concrete..it's heavier than my rig.......overkill but that might be a good thing, I guess.

I have a very good plan on how to mount amps. When I finish I will show you a few photos.

As for the rear BK, both the seat and BK's are mounted on the same profile which is why I get very strong effective vibrations. Hence that my seat is original M3 sports with unconventional mounts. Not the same as the bucket racing seats. It has lots of padding but the vibrations are still piercing through which is good.

I will apply pretty much the same or similar mount for large BK's. Or I may also have the plate mounted on the extrusions that are underneath as well. Will see what works best?

20201208_221050 (Large).jpg

20201208_221058 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good that the platform wasn’t causing any bass/booming.

To my understanding you are wasting a good portion of the BK energy and think this could be improved.

Posted as an idea:

I would have the seat rail supports vertical like how the seats rails are and bolt the seat to L/R sides. Then have the BK installed to these central position directly under the seat. The energy then has to pass up/down the support rails before it would make contact or reach the surround frame of the rigs mid/rear/side sections.

We don’t want it to leak into these regions before it’s primary energy reaches the seat but currently that’s what is happening and does happen with lots of peoples CM based installations.

The potential with vertical support rails would have their own isolators on the supports to the main rig frame. This I believe would provide more direct energy with the BK and have it also better maintained in the seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

To my understanding you are wasting a good portion of the BK energy and think this could be improved.

Posted as an idea:

I would have the seat rail supports vertical like how the seats rails are and bolt the seat to L/R sides. Then have the BK installed to these central position directly under the seat. The energy then has to pass up/down the support rails before it would make contact or reach the surround frame of the rigs mid/rear/side sections.

We don’t want it to leak into these regions before it’s primary energy reaches the seat but currently that’s what is happening and does happen with lots of peoples CM based installations.

The potential with vertical support rails would have their own isolators on the supports to the main rig frame. This I believe would provide more direct energy with the BK and have it also better maintained in the seat.
Totally agree about the seat mount. The only way to do is to replace the seat. There are 3 electric motors under the seat blocking pretty much everything. Also the seat rails are not in parallel with the seat making things a lot more difficult to deal with when it comes to mounting. For now I just have to live with it but I am not worried about it. The vibrations are felt very strong even with the mini's. Once again I Agree about what you are suggestions and will take a note for the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Posted as an idea:

Would you mind posting a quick drawing of what you have suggested in regards to the seat mount. I want to make sure I understood what you are saying.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would you mind posting a quick drawing of what you have suggested in regards to the seat mount. I want to make sure I understood what you are saying.

Thanks

It would make more sense that you draw and illustrate the current configuration. I am suggesting you have steel bars or 8020 profile that mounts to the seat's own steel rails using (80mm) but ensuring it is not blocking the underneath motor/components.

You also have not drawn the requested lines to get an understanding of where you think the BKs energy is able to go to and also the path it has to take to travel to the seat with the current setup..

These recommended sections are going the full length of the seats steel frame rails and thats going to be a major benefit for tactile as then the whole seat frame is in primary contact with the tactile energy, not just the bolt sections (40mm long) at one end being the point of contact for the energy to flow into the seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought additional sound card for simvibe Asus Xonar AE and it seems there is a driver error. The instructions from the ASUS support page didn't work.

I have two sound cards for simvibe, A sound blaster and Asus Xonar AE.

Any ideas how to get this working?

Upvote 0
I bought additional sound card for simvibe Asus Xonar AE and it seems there is a driver error. The instructions from the ASUS support page didn't work.

What error are you seeing?

If it's already installed, you could try completely removing the device and also the Asus driver (version 1.1.18) from the Windows device manager, restart the PC and try to reinstall again.

Also, see this page. A new driver is scheduled to be released today which aims to resolve a digital signature error that some users are encountering. There are also some workaround instructions in the meantime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What error are you seeing?

If it's already installed, you could try completely removing the device and also the Asus driver (version 1.1.18) from the Windows device manager, restart the PC and try to reinstall again.

Also, see this page. A new driver is scheduled to be released today which aims to resolve a digital signature error that some users are encountering. There are also some workaround instructions in the meantime.
Thanks.
I am getting signature error as explained in the link you've sent. I have been through all troubleshooting last night and no luck. Also, yes i did remove the device and restarted the PC. Then I tried to reinstall it again and still no luck. I hope that Asus new driver will come out today. Fingers crossed. I heard it caused a lot of frustration among Asus users since the issue was detected. Not very characteristic for such a big company.

Upvote 0

Asus Xonar AE. I bought one of these cards and had nothing but problems. There is quite a bit of info online regarding the drivers, I ditched it as it just wasn’t worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Asus Xonar AE. I bought one of these cards and had nothing but problems. There is quite a bit of info online regarding the drivers, I ditched it as it just wasn’t worth the hassle.
What issues did you have with this sound card? Was it driver related or poor performance. Since I am going to use it for the buttkickers, I guess sound quality won't mater if I am not mistaken?

Upvote 0
It would be fine for your purpose with performance. The card just kept disappearing with the driver, then it would come back and be corrupt. I believe the card has issues in win 10. Although this could have just been me!

Upvote 0
I've got the Xonar AE and have been lucky enough not to have a single issue. What might have helped me was that I was running Windows 1903 when I installed the soundcard. It sounds as if this current issue seems to have been introduced with the more recent Windows versions?

Let's hope this new driver gets released on time and fixes things up :)

Upvote 0
I've got the Xonar AE and have been lucky enough not to have a single issue. What might have helped me was that I was running Windows 1903 when I installed the soundcard. It sounds as if this current issue seems to have been introduced with the more recent Windows versions?

Let's hope this new driver gets released on time and fixes things up :)
Is there any way to run or revert to Windows 1903?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years