rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Im frustrated with my GT-R! In my eyes it is not the "corner master". For sure, you can drive 2 or 3 km/h faster then the others in corners (when you are a very good driver), but it is not enough. The others are so much faster, they eat your time lead very easily on the straights.

Easily said, it is not in balance.

But now its to late to change the car. I will give my best. :)

My english is not the best one, i hope you understand what i mean.

Im frustrated with my GT-R! In my eyes it is not the "corner master". For sure, you can drive 2 or 3 km/h faster then the others in corners (when you are a very good driver), but it is not enough. The others are so much faster, they eat your time lead very easily on the straights.

Make sure you use less downforce something like 2/17. I can get the GT-R up to the top speed of a Camaro and nearly match the laptimes. But the GTR will get a performance boost after this race. The weight is a bit much, which reduces the cornering advantage the car should have. WIth FW3 and a high rear wing you have no chance, but that is like with the original full downforce is not the way to go on the Nordschleife.

/edit: Had a look at my telemetry archive. I did a 8:38 with the GT-R and that was not a perfect lap and I havent spent as much time as on the Camaro with which I just got recently into the 8:34. So we are speaking about around 3 seconds diffrence, which still is a diffrence I want to get out of the way, but nothing dramatic.

Here the setup I used: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nissan-gt-r-gt1-bop-24h-nürburgring-nordschleife.99211/

Last edited:
Ok. 10 minutes ago i tried 2/30 and it was not so easy to drive, because the SLS in my mirror comes closer and closer, even when i drive the corner master. Im not the fastest driver, but im not the slowest driver.

I will try 2/15 or something like that. Thanks.

Thanks for the Setup, too. I will try it.

Ok. 10 minutes ago i tried 2/30 and it was not so easy to drive, because the SLS in my mirror comes closer and closer, even when i drive the corner master. Im not the fastest driver, but im not the slowest driver.

Have a look above I linked my setup. The driver makes a huge diffrence here on this track. I wouldnt be surprised, if a few Civics beat some of the GT3 cars. The GT-R is easy to get around savely, but with the weight and downforce it is quite hard to drive it at the absolute limit.

You still have 24h to make your final choice...
I chose the GT-R thinking it was the ISI one without testing any car lol so I will make a further tests with each one and I will post my final choice tomorrow... sorry for the inconvenience.

IMPORTANT

It is not mandatory for you to let me know which car you shall be driving during the race; the reason why I've noted them down is to give others an idea of which cars are going to be used so that they may then make a decision. However, you have up until qualifying to make your choice (but you do NOT need to let me know here); between now and then you are free to switch cars as many times as you want without having to inform me. That said, if you would like for me to note down which car you shall be using then I'm more than happy to do so! :D

IMPORTANT

The server has been restarted, and hopefully a couple of known issues have been resolved. Upon logging in to the server a new vmod should automatically download before you are able to proceed as normal. If there are any issues with downloading resources via GetMod then remember that they can be manually downloaded and installed (refer to the first post for links). Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any issues.

Ill race you for a "Class Win" I'm in the GTR too.

Also, I dont know if its a good guide but I raced 29 AI in all 3 GT cars.
All classes ended after 4 laps with a best lap within 1 sec.

I didnt spend a lot of time in the Vette or the Camaro but the Camaro seemed a handful on the twisty bits.
It will be fast on the straights but the driver will be needing the break after S2:redface:

Last edited:

Thanks for the Setup, too. I will try it.
I think I have 2/18. Top speed is appr 262. Balance feels ok.

@Tapio Rinneaho
you needed a camping permit for that "off" and you get your boy scout navigation badge for finding the track again.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Forum trophies