rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have to say I'd rather drive my own GT car here, it would fit it the mix quite nicely.
Sadly not ready for prime time yet. :(

Edit: I have problems to get on track online on the server. I do get in on the server but it is like I have spectator settings on. I had that already once on another server but do not know why that was. I've read about it also on the ISI bug reporting forums. Realy would like to put down some laps tonight but can't. :(

Edit: I have problems to get on track online on the server. I do get in on the server but it is like I have spectator settings on. I had that already once on another server but do not know why that was. I've read about it also on the ISI bug reporting forums. Realy would like to put down some laps tonight but can't. :(

Just hit the car select button once the game has loaded and select a different car (and then switch back to the correct one). That bug can be quite confusing :D

Small tipp for the SLS drivers:

I noticed the engine sound is quite low compared to the other cars, so especially at the start you cant really hear your own engine, so you might want to turn down opponents volume or turn up your engine volume for Saturday

Havent tested it in detail. Usage is exactly the same as the original ISI cars. All cars are able to do 4 Laps. Maybe the Corvette can get 5 Laps out of it, but you wont gain a big advantage as the refueling time on the Corvette is a bit higher as it has the lowest fuel consumption. Of course 5 Laps would give you a chance at the first stop to do one more lap with low fuel load, but you have to spent a little more time in the pits, if you do 5 Laps. No idea what will be better. If you can do 5 Laps without saving, I would probably do it as you will have clear track.

@Frederic Schornstein
@Daiman Patel
RE GTR1 Fuel.
I did another test without the lap of the sprint circuit at the beginning.
It was 16 litres.
I also did a 4 lap run WITH the sprint circuit as a warmup lap (which wont happen in the race).
I ran out of fuel just before the car park and entry for the tourist circuit. So 3 litres would have got me home -just.
So its good for 4 laps. Some traffic will help too I guess.

So no need to change it.

EDIT;
But will the race distance divide evenly into 4 lap stints:geek:
Thanks for info, so I dont have to upload all the stuff again. After the race some adjustments will be mafr anyway and I will add a few litres just to make it a bit more save for the next events ;)
That's good to hear. Now I won't have to re-create the vmod, which was proving slightly problematic. :p However, there will be a vmod update today, previously created by Gijs, that will sort a couple of issues (for example being able to select the APEX Corvette and Porsche). All that will happen when you log in to the server is that the new vmod will automatically download and you'll be good to go! :D Whilst I'm at it I shall update the welcome message, informing people to check the rules regarding pitting. :thumbsup:

Live timing is not available anymore?

It is really cool to drive at night at the "Hell"! :D
Live timing is currently unavailable whilst we monitor the stability of the server. If all goes well then it shall be re-enabled again tomorrow. :)

I hope I can get a start like yesterday in the race. The Camaro has hard tires, so I expect the Corvettes and GT-R to get a lot better off the line.

As we currently have to do a standing start (maybe there will be a version in the future, which wouldn't require a long outlap for a rolling start) do you guys think that a launch control would be a good idea for future events?! It takes away some excitement, but in past events the diffrences between good and bad starters was pretty big, which can lead to instant crashes.

I hope I can get a start like yesterday in the race. The Camaro has hard tires, so I expect the Corvettes and GT-R to get a lot better off the line.

As we currently have to do a standing start (maybe there will be a version in the future, which wouldn't require a long outlap for a rolling start) do you guys think that a launch control would be a good idea for future events?! It takes away some excitement, but in past events the diffrences between good and bad starters was pretty big, which can lead to instant crashes.

Don't like the idea of having a Launch Control, start is a part of a Race where a good one can make a difference.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 40 12.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 42 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 39 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 109 34.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 187 58.8%