2019 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Mercedes 2018:
Oh look! straights!

Mercedes 2019:
Oh no! straights!

The speed difference between Ferrari and Mercedes while Mercedes had DRS was so funny :D
now the media and TV channels can't explain DRS to newbies and say this is DRS, by using it + slipstream you will have around 10-20KM/h more speed than the car you are chasing lol

1) The Ferrari had more straight line speed than the Mercedes with DRS
Being faster on straight line is no excuse for cutting corners.
Wait ! Is being in a Ferrari at Monza one ?

Penalties are rarely consistent.

And remember the "good old Schumacher days" ? When pilots had a second car just in case of problem at the start of the race ?
Case 1 : crash and Schum has a problem ? Red flag and Schum gets back to take the second car and do the restart
Case 2 : crash and Schum has no problem ? No red flag, let's continue with yellow flags or safety car.

Missing the corner completely but still staying ahead did look bad; they should put a bigger speed bump on some deep gravel there as it is currently quicker to avoid the race track.

Missing the corner completely but still staying ahead did look bad; they should put a bigger speed bump on some deep gravel there as it is currently quicker to avoid the race track.

Why not a concrete wall just outside the white lines of the track?

Oh wait...

I'll add that I don't like all the endless run-off and stuff, but it's what tracks are these days, so obviously pilots will exploit everything they can.

I agree with the fact that he did a few things that are on the limit. However, some things talk in his favour:

1) The Ferrari had more straight line speed than the Mercedes with DRS
2) Nothing happened sideways
3) Hamilton gave it all he got, admitted he did and paid the price.
My point is that in any other race, with whomever else as the driver, and under not so red circumstances (get my meaning), the driver in question would have been penalized for the kind of driving that he was doing. Leclerc is one of those drivers who moves to defend in very questionable ways, both under braking and down straights, he's done it numerous time this year, but I guess because Ferrari has looked particularly pathetic this year compared to the last eleven, they are finding more leniency this year because of hope from Leclerc. Formula One is so political. Stewards are afraid to swing the hammer and have to succumb to whining fans, so the rules go out the door.

Last edited:
My point is that in any other race, with whomever else as the driver, and under not so red circumstances (get my meaning), the driver in question would have been penalized for the kind of driving that he was doing. Leclerc is one of those drivers who moves to defend in very questionable ways, both under braking and down straights, he's done it numerous time this year, but I guess because Ferrari has looked particularly pathetic this year compared to the last eleven, they are finding more leniency this year because of hope from Leclerc. Formula One is so political. Stewards are afraid to swing the hammer and have to succumb to whining fans, so the rules go out the door.

Remarkable how people defend Senna, Schumacher and countless others for having done way worse in their day either with neglect or "hey it was different". But right now, every driver has to be social media political correct it seems.

I'm sorry, but I have a really hard time dealing with all this political correctness.

Leclerc's "corner cut" cost him time, he didn't win anything with it so I don't know why people are crying he should be penalised. And if Verstappen didn't get a penalty in Austria, there is no way that Leclerc should get penalised for the T4 incident as there wasn't even contact.

The drivers and spectators wanted harsher racing, well this was on the limit, but not unfair imo.

sorry but thats BS--- Verstappen, Magnussen, Sainz, etc race like that all the time and dont get penalties.

After Austria, where leclerc got completely thrown off track by verstappen, he acknoledged the fact that this was the new way of ruling by the stewards. and that he would adapt and act accordingly.

He did today. tough s...

Very happy for Charles' win today; he deserved a victory under normal circumstances, especially after fighting off Lewis for most of the race, in Italy no less...great win for the Tifosi. The only questionable move he made was the block where he got the black & white flag for. Everything else was fair, he lost time on the escape road.

Last year: Verrstappen/Bottas > Verstappen 5 second time penalty. Leclerc/Hamilton, same incident this year: "no investigation necessary"....... So they didn't even investigate.
Verstappen/Bottas pit exit Monaco: Verstappen 5 second time penalty. Leclerc does the same, another race; just a fine.
Pretty clear how the FIA works.

Very happy for Charles' win today; he deserved a victory under normal circumstances, especially after fighting off Lewis for most of the race, in Italy no less...great win for the Tifosi. The only questionable move he made was the block where he got the black & white flag for. Everything else was fair, he lost time on the escape road.
He didn't take the escape road like Hamilton, that way he would have lost time with cutting the chicane he did not lose time, but it's not the first time the leading car did something similar and got away with it.

Aerodynamic less efficient cars go faster on the straights. It's a design choise or a shortcoming.
But you can't have both, And go fast in short bendy tracks or at long power hungry straights.

Remarkable how people defend Senna, Schumacher and countless others for having done way worse in their day either with neglect or "hey it was different". But right now, every driver has to be social media political correct it seems.

I'm sorry, but I have a really hard time dealing with all this political correctness.
I don't know where you got that I would ever defend Schumacher. The man was a disgusting cheater who's legend remains tarnished. I just don't like it when rules are not enforced for the sake of keeping certain people having to be put on suicide watch - namely Ferrari fans.

I don't know where you got that I would ever defend Schumacher. The man was a disgusting cheater who's legend remains tarnished. I just don't like it when rules are not enforced for the sake of keeping certain people having to be put on suicide watch - namely Ferrari fans.

If ever Hamilton would be in a Ferrari, it would still be Hamilton to me, just like for me Schumacher in a Benetton or a Ferrari made little difference to me how I perceived the pilot.

sorry but thats BS--- Verstappen, Magnussen, Sainz, etc race like that all the time and dont get penalties.

After Austria, where leclerc got completely thrown off track by verstappen, he acknoledged the fact that this was the new way of ruling by the stewards. and that he would adapt and act accordingly.

He did today. tough s...
And you think that my comment was BS - check your meter. F1 rules are enforced when they don't upset the fans, today's race is the prime example.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.