2019 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Yes when rules are broken. There is no doubt that Leclerc pushes Hamilton out of the track and that is 5 sec penalty.;)
We have to disagree on that one, Ari.

Leclerc didn't make contact with Hamilton, so only a warning was the right decision. Besides, even as I like Hamilton as a driver/person, he has a flair for the dramatics when things don't go his way and starts complaining (Vettel at Canada). He said that racing hard with the new generation would please him very much, but if he loses those battles he acts like a cry baby.

The comparison Verstappen/Bottas (Monza 2018) falls flat: Verstappen made contact, knocked Bottas almost off track and gained a huge advantage; 5 sec penalty was correct.
The comparison Verstappen/Leclerc (Austria 2019) falls flat again: Verstappen made contact, knocked Leclerc off track and gained an advantage (again); no penalty was given, but as we'd like to see more hard racing, the decision was acceptable.
Now that Leclerc does the same to Hamilton (with no contact at all and no advantage gained), suddenly a penalty should be given.
To me it was hard racing, on the edge, but fair.

Congratulations to Leclerc for the victory, a job well done considering the heavy pressure from both Mercedessen. This guy shows exactly the kind of racing I'd like to see and that's why I put my money on him for years to come. Poor Vettel.

Last edited:
The Seb's spin just confirms shitbox Ferrari, also knows as SF 90 (90 stands for the speed in corners or the maximum degree at which the wheel can be turned without spinning), well this bloody red toy has no drag whatsoever, it just flies like a rocket if you take a curb with too much generosity. That's not good for a car built from a top 3 constructor.

P.S. honestly someone should make a handling mod for Ferrari called realistic handling for sf90 in which you spin every now and then and you have no drag.

Anyone know how to tell android not to send F1 spoiler link suggestions when you open chrome? My damn phone keeps ruining races for me. I found out about turning off other sports but it doesn't seem to include F1.

To me it was hard racing, on the edge, but fair.
Fair? Sorry but pushing someone off track while breaking with the result
that the opponent can't take the corner anymore (Hamilton had to cut the
chicane) is NOT fair. That's why Leclerc got the warning flag. Then, a few
laps later, after he cut the first chicane (not in the proper way either), he was
zig zagging around through curva Grande to defend the lead in such a way
that Lewis had to lift the throttle to avoid a contact, this under warning.
I'm NOT advertising for penalties, they should be given only rarely and in
rude cases. Only saying that i wouldn't call Leclerc's moves fair.

Magnussen is well known for his dirty moves and is never penalised for it, so why would leclerc be ? Leclerc said that he would race like this after his battle with Max (austria 2019)

There is no rule that there must be contact before you get penalized.

FIA sporting regulations:
"20.3 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner."

When a car is less than half a car length alongside you and you’re on the inside or outside, it’s your racing line and there is no doubt that Leclerc don`t leave space to Hamilton and should be penilized.
Mam Le.jpg

I don't support Leclerc move but at the same time I think it's a hard but fair move. On the other hand Lewis has got wiser over the years and knows he has a championship to win. If Leclerc was fighting for the championship would he risk that move?

Can you imagine how the crowd would react if Leclerc got a penalty.... Probably be a riot.

Last edited:
It is what it is, decision made not a big deal.
However, I don't think there'd be very many internet fans complaining if Hamilton got a 5 second penalty for doing that to Leclerk.

I don't support Leclerc move but at the same time I think it's a hard but fair move. On the other hand Lewis has got wiser over the years and knows he has a championship to win. If Leclerc was fighting for the championship would he risk that move?
Indeed we don't see that from lewis since few years, i remember when he was fighting Rosberg 2014 to 2016, constantly pushing him off track, no one was complaining, weird isn't it ? people were even saying it was like Rosberg fault for not being aggresive enough" etc..
Just to clarify, im not a hamilton hater, in fact i like very much that he's racing more cleanly without having lost his speed.

The Seb's spin just confirms shitbox Ferrari, also knows as SF 90 (90 stands for the speed in corners or the maximum degree at which the wheel can be turned without spinning), well this bloody red toy has no drag whatsoever, it just flies like a rocket if you take a curb with too much generosity. That's not good for a car built from a top 3 constructor.

You got it wrong, 90 is total wheel rotation, meaning 45 on each side. ;)

Remarkable how people defend Senna, Schumacher and countless others for having done way worse in their day either with neglect or "hey it was different". But right now, every driver has to be social media political correct it seems.

I'm sorry, but I have a really hard time dealing with all this political correctness.
What on earth does enforcing reasonable racing rules have to do with political correctness?
Credit to Leclerc for a big win, but if that's the way he wants to race, I'm sure the rest of the grid, and Hamilton especially, will happily accommodate him.

What on earth does enforcing reasonable racing rules have to do with political correctness?
Credit to Leclerc for a big win, but if that's the way he wants to race, I'm sure the rest of the grid, and Hamilton especially, will happily accommodate him.
That may be not the way Leclerc wants to race, but Verstappen made him, remember Austria. ;)

You answered it yourself, by definition reasonability and political correctness go hand in hand. :)

There is no rule that there must be contact before you get penalized.

FIA sporting regulations:
"20.3 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner."

When a car is less than half a car length alongside you and you’re on the inside or outside, it’s your racing line and there is no doubt that Leclerc don`t leave space to Hamilton and should be penilized.
View attachment 323801

Still the 90 degree righthand corner they brake in to, it's impossible there to go around the outside without exploring the runoff area. There is some prety nasty bumps that can damage your floor or rip off your wing.
He would not have outbraked Leclerc there, even if there was half car width more space.
That's why there was no actions taken.
Hamilton tried to lure Leclerc into a mistake like he did on Vettel in Canada.

Anyhow, lets see how Vettel recovers from his major fault. Another error like that and he looses his superlicense. As he gathered to much points on his account.

If ever Hamilton would be in a Ferrari, it would still be Hamilton to me, just like for me Schumacher in a Benetton or a Ferrari made little difference to me how I perceived the pilot.
Please! Lewis would never lower himself to drive in a Ferrari. I prefer to see him continue burning Ferrari rather than driving for them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back