2019 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

A lot of discussion on social media about one of Vettel's quali runs. His car passed the white line but no penalty. And they said they would penalize that.

Missed this completely while watching quali live.

View attachment 323532
You literally can't tell from this angle if the tire is completely over the line. the front wheels are cambered, the right hand side isn't loaded so most of the inside front tire is not touching the ground. You have to take it from a topdown view and they couldn't prove it was all the way over. He has the benefit of a doubt.

hamilton crying on team radio..that was a intesting tactic to keep pole position just dont need to do the lap....could he not see that it wasnt ferrari's fault... really like him as a driver but he can be a knob sometimes when its not going his way

You literally can't tell from this angle if the tire is completely over the line. the front wheels are cambered, the right hand side isn't loaded so most of the inside front tire is not touching the ground. You have to take it from a topdown view and they couldn't prove it was all the way over. He has the benefit of a doubt.
football-goalpost-for-movingfree-standing-500x500.jpg

:thumbsup:

They ought to just scrap this qualy format. It's not awful but, at best, I find it kind of silly and artificial.

I would just send them out in championship order one after another - everyone gets one do-or-die hotlap, the end. 2 cars on the track at a time - the car on a hotlap and the next car up on the outlap. I really don't think it would be any less exciting than what we've got now and it would head off all the Mickey Mouse bickering about whose turn it is to get a tow this week, etc.

FIA need to change it to each driver gets 3 flying laps alone on track. Random draw on driver order. Best lap is kept. Rain or shine. Problem solved.

Specific rule for Monza this weekend after they removed the "speed bump" that sent a lower formula car flying earlier in the weekend. Was clearly stated that any lap with all 4 tires over the white line would not count - and the following lap wouldn't count either.

Unless you're in a Ferrari

At least kimi got his tow in Q3, to the pit:D
also he has gearbox penalty now...

Last edited:
So Vettel's out-of-bounds lap is allowed to stand, and Verstappen is allowed to start despite not posting a time within 107% - you gotta love people sticking to the rules :rolleyes:

I (just me, myself) always liked the 'Super Pole' concept.
Works in WSBK and Supercars, while the CART 4 lap qualifying process has always worked well.
A few years ago the MotoGP regulations were tightened up due to chronic 'cruising' where riders ambled around a circuit looking for a tow. Now if those tactics appear the offenders find themselves at the back of the grid or starting from pit lane.
EffWun should get a grip and adopt the one lap warmup, two hot laps and one cool down lap format, it gives each car an equal opportunity and it can be entertaining.
My devalued A$00.02 worth.

A few years ago the MotoGP regulations were tightened up due to chronic 'cruising' where riders ambled around a circuit looking for a tow. Now if those tactics appear the offenders find themselves at the back of the grid or starting from pit lane
I follow MotoGP for some years now and I didn't yet see that someone has been punished for following someone else. If so then Karel Abraham would be punished in every weekend. :rolleyes:
Maybe differences what is "cruising" (and looking for a "victim") and "following" are.
Rules... :speechless:
but to be honest... MotoGP is much more pure racing than F1.

Benefit of the doubt is more used when someone is only proven guilty when all evidence is examined and a final judgment has been made. Until then you have the benefit of the doubt. It's a term from Justice obviously.

Actually, my understanding is that 'benefit of the doubt' is used when evidence is examined but proves to be inconclusive. Unfortunately, in Ferrari's case (and judging by the footage I have seen), the evidence was conclusive - Vettel was outside the track limits.

So in this instance, 'benefit of the doubt' just means 'we don't want to upset the Italian fans' :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will have a lot to discuss during and after the race with some other controversal decisions ;).

Now let's see if Ferrari can finally manage it to win at their home track after 9 years. Alonso was the last one
Or will it be Mercedes for the sixth time in a row? That would be boring :p

Hopefully lucky Max -because he is alllowed to start without a time set in Q1- pleases us with another overtaking show. I want to see the battles with the Renaults and his team mate Albon (without team orders like others do :inlove:)

Hopefully we can enjoy another race!

Its time to do away with qualifying, just create random grids with more and more penalties :)

That Q3 was an utter pile of .... the whole top 10 should of been given 10 seconds to their times and that would then allowed plenty of drafting they so much wanted to happen during the race.

None of the team bosses came out looking smart at all and not much apology to fans. I would of loved to of heard Nikki Lauda's comments after witnessing that standoff between the teams.

F1 you look stupid.
So we can expect a new ruling that prevents it again.

As for the race....
N-E THING can happen and in F1 it usually does.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies