2019 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

I don't know where you got that I would ever defend Schumacher. The man was a disgusting cheater who's legend remains tarnished. I just don't like it when rules are not enforced for the sake of keeping certain people from having to be put on suicide watch - namely Ferrari fans.

Exciting race! Congrats to Leclerc, he drove his arse off to beat the
Mercedes, was under pressure the whole race. And nice for Ferrari
to win on home soil in front of an enthusiastic crowd first time since
Alonso 2010.

Leclerc has shown he's gonna be a champion one day. At least he's got
everything he needs for that. Extremely talented driver for sure but he's
also a sly one, like almost all great drivers of history.
He proved that this weekend, in quali and race. He proved it even after
the race during the interview with Brundle when he answered in Italian;)

But as so often in life you look at everything together some things also
become relative. Fact is that Ferrari has a HUGE advantage in top speed,
even with DRS on and slipstream effect the Mercs weren't able to overtake
Leclerce. And he had a lot of luck, he made a mistake in t1 but maintained
the lead; and two defensive moves against Hamilton weren't exactly what
i would call "clean". There's been penalties for this before.
Actually the race was not much different to Canada, except that this time
the winning Ferrari driver can also celebrate his victory. As if the catastrophic
race itself isn't already hard enough for Vettel to cope with, he's gonna have
to take that punch too. That must hurt.

And you think that my comment was BS - check your meter. F1 rules are enforced when they don't upset the fans, today's race is the prime example.

The fans do pay F1. It's a business-customer relationship in the end.

After the Q3 idiocy, I guess some things might be looked at differently the next day to keep them buying all the overpriced games, merchandise and what nots.

Unbelievable, a good race and Hamilton didn't win again.So Glad Leclerc and Ferrari won and on home Turf ! Monza is just legendary, so much history. Two races I'll watch every year there on, and thats Spa and Monza.

Great and deserved victory for Charles and also one he could really celebrate with the Tifosi, because his first GP win last week was in a weekend a celebration was not possible. Looking forward to the coming years with more Lewis/Charles/Max battles!

Bottas missed a chance here I think because he had the better tires and faster car, but made some mistakes in the end. Feeling sad for Sebastian, since he seems to crack under pressure each time instead of his teammate Charles who is much less experienced. Hopefully he finds his way back to his top form.

Anyone else get the feeling Vettel will leave Ferrari at the end of the year? Red Bull? Torro Rosso, maybe, doing a back to the roots thing? Ever since Germany last year and then Canada this year he has not been quite himself. If I were his coach, I'd say: take the rest of the year off, refocus and come back in a different colour.

as an iRacing player, I would advise Vettel to go check his F3 the next time, lol.
Vettel's problem is that his ACC in not updated to 1.07 version, so he is still driving on old 1-contact point tyre model (not the new 5 point) and we know that 1-point tyre model is the worst on the kerbs, this is why everytime after touching a kerb he will spin:confused:

The spin itself was forgivable, but that return to track...? :O_o:
I'm still trying to justify that, at least to myself, even with an unfunny joke, no chance:(:D
I can't even remember something like that from Mr. Torpedo since his debut at 2014 season. whether it's my memory's fault or no one has done something exactly like that recently, maybe a few case in heavy rain situation with minimum control.

Well, Stroll did something very similar, very recently, but other than that... :O_o:

I must say, I don't much care for Vettel but I do feel for him lately. He is clearly feeling the pressure and I honestly think that he is a better driver than he is currently demonstrating. It's like he could do with a reboot, or something to clear his head and clear his emotions. It's not nice to see him in this self-destruct mode :(

Well, Stroll did something very similar, very recently, but other than that... :O_o:

I must say, I don't much care for Vettel but I do feel for him lately. He is clearly feeling the pressure and I honestly think that he is a better driver than he is currently demonstrating. It's like he could do with a reboot, or something to clear his head and clear his emotions. It's not nice to see him in this self-destruct mode :(
Well, he is a copycat :D he can't even be creative in creating a mess, i meant recently before Vettel btw.
Exactly, i'm not fan of him, actually i always somehow liked his teammates in his career, Mark-Daniel-Kimi. but like you said it's not nice to see that happening...

Anyone else get the feeling Vettel will leave Ferrari at the end of the year? Red Bull? Torro Rosso, maybe, doing a back to the roots thing? Ever since Germany last year and then Canada this year he has not been quite himself. If I were his coach, I'd say: take the rest of the year off, refocus and come back in a different colour.
I think he should have been banned for quite some time after baku 2017, that really showed how fragile he really is and it didn't got better since, but at least he is not deliberately crashing.

I think he should have been banned for quite some time after baku 2017, that really showed how fragile he really is and it didn't got better since, but at least he is not deliberately crashing.
Right now, until USA GP, any major penalty or two minor penalties can give him a race ban(only 3 point needed, threshold is 12).
if he keeps clean to after USA, he will got 3 penalty points removed from his license.

Yes, racing hard, but how hard: imagine you were simracing (because that's as close as most of us get to racing) and you were in Hamilton's shoes when someone did those Leclerc moves. I myself would be fuming:
  • pushing me off the track under braking (not on the exit, when the car ahead can chose the line) - for which Verstappen got a 5 seconds penalty last year at Monza
  • then cutting a chicane that has a designated escape road in case someone misses it (again, if Leclerc had been 2-3 seconds ahead, there would not have been a problem with that, but he was actually defending); so the ''he didn't gain any time'' argument is wrong, as he gained time by not taking the escape road Hamilton took a few laps later, which actually handed the position to Bottas
  • and right after that he pulls off a Verstopper, moving a couple of times left-right on Curva Grande.
Verstappen vs Bottas Monza 2018 - 5 sec penalty Verstappen (ironically after cutting the chicane a few laps earlier)
racefansdotnet-20180903-103050-65.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 275 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 267 10.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years