2018 24 Hours of Le Mans / 24 Heures du Mans (Live Stream)

Wonder how much they spent at the ACO making sure they had such an advantage over the non hybrids? how about that it's in the rules that if a non-hybrid goes faster than the Toyotas they get a stop-go penalty?

Last year there were more than one LMP-H team - a win was on merit. This year...
Toyota wouldn't even start if they had to scratch the hybrid system for having less of a chance to win

Wonder how much they spent at the ACO making sure they had such an advantage over the non hybrids? how about that it's in the rules that if a non-hybrid goes faster than the Toyotas they get a stop-go penalty?

Last year there were more than one LMP-H team - a win was on merit. This year...

So most Audi wins weren't on merit either then? Cause that's the logic you're following.

If a F1 team would not use hybrid everyone would call them stupid, I don't say that non hybrid lmp1 teams are stupid but they should not be expected to win

Can be, but not according to Bourdais's words, "BOP is a joke", he said, read between the lines. And I believe so.
This is the main problem in other series as well, GT3 for example.

The only time in the last three years Bourdais has liked the BOP was 2016, when Ford really just "extracted the urine". Even last year from his sick/recovery bed, he was tweeting about the BOP being stupid, as it dis-advantaged the state of art (prototype) Ford GT. Dave Richards (Aston Martin) was in the commentary booth at the time, he reminded everyone the BOP isn't sorted by the performance of any car but to a pre-set lap time.

And as to his comments on driving standards, although I agree it was excessive, how many people did he pee off in ChampCar/CART, a way more dangerous situation, open wheels, much higher speeds and even closer walls. I wasn't a fan before, even less so now... lol.

If a F1 team would not use hybrid everyone would call them stupid, I don't say that non hybrid lmp1 teams are stupid but they should not be expected to win
You're absolutely right. That's why they had to create a rule that gives a drive through in case the others are too close.

The only time in the last three years Bourdais has liked the BOP was 2016, when Ford really just "extracted the urine". Even last year from his sick/recovery bed, he was tweeting about the BOP being stupid, as it dis-advantaged the state of art (prototype) Ford GT. Dave Richards (Aston Martin) was in the commentary booth at the time, he reminded everyone the BOP isn't sorted by the performance of any car but to a pre-set lap time.

And as to his comments on driving standards, although I agree it was excessive, how many people did he pee off in ChampCar/CART, a way more dangerous situation, open wheels, much higher speeds and even closer walls. I wasn't a fan before, even less so now... lol.
Yup. The Porsche was miles faster in qualify, the Ford could barely follow in the slipstream and conversely, the Porsche easily passed the Ford. But the BOP is correct, absolutely :)

Completely rigth. Well said.

Guys, don't be stupid, if the car was out of fuel, the engine would have stopped running and it was clearly running.

Aren't you all simracers? You should not make amateuristic mistakes like that and immediately think what you heard on the radio is correct.

Guys, don't be stupid, if the car was out of fuel, the engine would have stopped running and it was clearly running.

Aren't you all simracers? You should not make amateuristic mistakes like that and immediately think what you heard on the radio is correct.
As the commentators said, he put the slow zone mode in to save fuel until they were absolutely sure he could make it back to the pits.

This race shows why "less prestigious " races and race series are better: less politics influencing the outcome of the race. So for me it's back to British GT, GT Masters, VLN

Did #8 get a penalty for that spinning wheel during the pit stop? If I remember correctly, there was one for that mistake yesterday.

Apparently the rules make a difference for spinning on electric power and spinning on engine power. So no penalty. Make of that as you will, but Porsche and Audi would have gone free as well.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.8%