2018 24 Hours of Le Mans / 24 Heures du Mans (Live Stream)

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
24 Hours of Le Mans 2018 Live Stream.jpg

It's mid-June, close to the longest day of the year and of course the weekend where you stay up for two days in row to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans. RaceDepartment provides a live stream page with coverage of the legendary long distance race. Watch high quality broadcasts, join the conversation in our popular chatbox and share your views on the most famous race on the calendar of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

On Saturday the 16th of June and Sunday the 17th of June you can witness prestigious automobile brands such as Toyota, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, BMW, Ford, Chevrolet and many others race against each other on the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans.

Watch the 2018 24 Hours of Le Mans livestream on RaceDepartment
Are you not among the hundred thousands of lucky fans spectating the biggest endurance race of the world live on track or watching it live on TV? Then you can stay in your seat behind your PC, Tablet or Mobile phone and enjoy the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2018 from the comfort of your own home.

Watch our live stream page and popular chatbox and enjoy the toughest race of the year with other racing fans from around the world.

Timetable in GMT (BST +1 / CEST +2)
  • Free Practice | Wednesday 13 Jun: 14:00 - 20:00 GMT
  • Qualifying 1 | Wednesday 13 Jun: 20:00 - 22:00 GMT
  • Qualifying 2 | Thursday 14 Jun: 17:00 - 19:00 GMT
  • Qualifying 3 | Thursday 14 Jun: 20:00 - 22:00 GMT
  • Warm-up | Saturday 16 Jun: 07:00 - 07:45 GMT
  • Race Start | Saturday 16 Jun: 13:00 GMT
  • Race Finish | Sunday 17 June: 13:00 GMT
Can't get enough of #LM24?
Continue reading the rest of our 2018 24 Hours of Le Mans files or subscribe to our social media channels for instant updates during the 24 Hours of Le Mans weekend: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

I have a question. Isn't qualifying for a race that lasts a whole day kind of irrelevant? Besides for training and setup?

And no, it's always relevant. There's BoP issues still arising in GTE for example, so the committee has some work to do to provide a fair playing ground for all participants should that be the case.

Then if you have a car that can put in 3:14.xxx laps why would you wanna start mid pack, and possibly get caught up in accidents rather than a free track.

Qualifying has always been relevant, a 24h race is a 24h race, these days it's a sprint with each tire change, litre of fuel, and pit stop managed to minutia of detail.

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
And qualifying serve as practice for the drivers to get their required minimum laps in darkness to be allowed to race when the night is setting in :)

And qualifying serve as practice for the drivers to get their required minimum laps in darkness to be allowed to race when the night is setting in :)

Yeah it should be interesting to see how, Alonso, Button and Maldonado settle in, but I am sure with the amount of effort they will put in it will provide some interesting data!

I have a question. Isn't qualifying for a race that lasts a whole day kind of irrelevant? Besides for training and setup?

It's named qualifying, but it's more used to setup the car, do some long runs, let all the pilots have their 5 laps at night etc etc. The track isn't open outside the test day and the LM-week so any tracktime you can have is more than welcome.

Sure if you set a better time, it'll stick on the boards, but besides that, not really that important.

wombat999

Premium
And no, it's always relevant. There's BoP issues still arising in GTE for example, so the committee has some work to do to provide a fair playing ground for all participants should that be the case.

Then if you have a car that can put in 3:14.xxx laps why would you wanna start mid pack, and possibly get caught up in accidents rather than a free track.

Qualifying has always been relevant, a 24h race is a 24h race, these days it's a sprint with each tire change, litre of fuel, and pit stop managed to minutia of detail.

It's always been down to preparation and race testing.

Last edited:
Thank you RD

Yes, thank you very much Bram!

Although coverage has been good so far, I have a funny feeling that the Motor Trend TV thingie I just subscribed to has only in-car views from one of the Porsche GTE LM pro cars during the race itself. The live streaming from RD should augment things nicely.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
FFS! Managed t o get stuck in traffic... missed the opening half hour of action...! Doh.

Now my attempt at watching the full 24 hours is lost... reassessed aim to 23 1/2 ..

So chaps, who's enjoying the racing so far ?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000