2018 24 Hours of Le Mans / 24 Heures du Mans (Live Stream)

Congratulations Toyota, you won a race where all the other teams were BoP'd to the point of being 2.4 seconds slower even in race conditions. Yay.

Honestly I think the real winners are the G-Drive #26. They won by 2 laps in a what is essentially a spec category.

Ah well, we all knew Toyota would do this on their socks. Looking at the victory shots somehow it feels fake. Congrats to Alonso. But...the biggest and toughest challenge is still to conquer. And the indy500 god is relentless when it comes to victory predictions.

All this people saying that is a hollow victory just because privateers didnt wanted to spend money on the Hybrid technology which toyota wasted millions in developing....

It is great to see that for you guys, doing stints of +2Hrs with G-Forces and keeping up incredible lap times (3.20 or less in race) is easy, maybe you all should apply for the WEC, and maybe a privateer team will sign you all:D

Guys, can you feel all the hollowness for Toyota and every driver?
WXh9K9g.png

All this people saying that is a hollow victory just because privateers didnt wanted to spend money on the Hybrid technology which toyota wasted millions in developing....

It is great to see that for you guys, doing stints of +2Hrs with G-Forces and keeping up incredible lap times (3.20 or less in race) is easy, maybe you all should apply for the WEC, and maybe a privateer team will sign you all:D

Couldn't find any post in this thread saying it was easy or we were better drivers. But in relation to LMP2 and GTE , Toyota had no competition at all, while the other classes had not only to fight the 24 hours, the track and the traffic but equally fast opponents as well!

yeah, because privateers are going to outspend one of the biggest car manufacturers. seriously people...

Couldn't find any post in this thread saying it was easy or we were better drivers. But in relation to LMP2 and GTE , Toyota had no competition at all, while the other classes had not only to fight the 24 hours, the track and the traffic but equally fast opponents as well!

Audi won year after year after year without opposition and I never heard anybody whine about it as hard as people like to do here on this forum.

You're all way too bitter people or you're just completely neglecting the effort it actually takes. Either way it's a very ignorant way of dealing with this year's LM to the point you should wonder if you're actually endurance fans or just anti-Toyota fanboys. A win is a win I heard countless times when Audi won and "my" team didn't, I didn't complain about it.

Show some respect in return.

Yeah i have to agree! the LMP1 battle between the Rebellions which were 1 lap on of the other and the broke down LMP1`s would have been thrilling if it wasnt because of toyota
OFk67QD.jpg

God, guys did you even watch the race?, if it wasnt because of the Toyota #7,#8 battle which they allowed, LMP1 would be been dead since hour 6.
Stop hating.

Define “haters”!

People who wanted Toyota to fail again. Look in this thread, you will find them.

But people who can't feel happy for those guys, after what happened this last two years also fit the category.

EDIT: I forgot about the special category: people who wanted Toyota to fail just because Alonso is in :)

Audi won year after year after year without opposition and I never heard anybody whine about it as hard as people like to do here on this forum.

Audi played by the same rules as the other cars in the same class.

Toyota had a guaranteed advantage written in the rules. Basically they combined the former separated Hybrid and Non-Hybrid P1 classes (LMP1-H and LMP1-L) in to one class, but guaranteeing that the former LMP1-H cars had a performance advantage.

That's what makes this "race" farcial and idiotic.

Audi played by the same rules as the other cars in the same class.

Toyota had a guaranteed advantage written in the rules. Basically they combined the former separated Hybrid and Non-Hybrid P1 classes (LMP1-H and LMP1-L) in to one class, but guaranteeing that the former LMP1-H cars had a performance advantage.

That's what makes this "race" farcial and idiotic.

So... only Toyota was allowed to buld an hybrid car? Is that what you are saying here?

EDIT: nevermind, I reread your post.

@Ole Marius Myrvold
You forget the diesel equivalence rules. Audi had no competition at all for years.

Btw there was no battle whatsoever for the lead in any of the lower categories. That does not make their victory more or less worthwile.

Nice victory for Toyota, great driving by Nakajima Buemi and Alonso.

So your argument is that Toyota should not win because other teams decided to build a motor like half million € cheaper due to no hybrid technology and then expect to win?:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

So... only Toyota was allowed to buld an hybrid car? Is that what you are saying here?

No. But there is no hybrid system to buy and just smack in a car, and the cost to develop it is insane.

However, you completely misunderstood what I was writing (or decided to just grab a small part of it). The rules are guaranteeing that Toyota will have a performance advantage. Even after the pre-season test the privateers got slowed down. At Spa, there was complaining that the "Privateers was too close"!
There's even in the rules that if the ACO finds that a privateer can go faster than previously shown, so they suddenly are faster than indended (e.g as fast as a Toyota). Then they can be penalized with up to a one-lap stop and go.

Le Mans 2018 was made to give Toyota the win as a "thank you".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.