Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris
Ive had a major set back for tonight's races, my V2base has gone haywire, keeps asking to be re-calibrated, but doesn't respond when I attempt to perform the calibration. Hoping I can get it resolved asap.
But I'm not very positive as Ive had an issue with the base for some time due to it refusing to update to the latest firmware and drivers v261(latest version), I have v231 installed, but now it seems to be failing to run the v231 drivers, hence the failure to re-calibrate.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

@goffred
Sorry mate looks like you'll be on your own tonight, sorry to let you down:redface::speechless:
A shame, you really knocked out some consistency there last week! A hardware curse is on the team? I've just gotten back home. work & 600km traveling today, not ideal but hopefully we see you tonight.

That was insane racing yet again! First race was really tough, short fueled the car by 1 lap and absolutely destroyed my front left so had extremely little grip, but made some setup tweaks for the second race and managed much better tyre wear.

Had some great battles with @Casper @Stiggy @Michael Stead and @Kevin Harris in the first race, that was phenomenal! Second race Michael and myself managed to gap the field a little and just try to control it. Had a great time trying to keep @Sun Levi behind, far out you're too quick! :D

See you in Cordoba! :sneaky:

That was insane racing yet again! First race was really tough, short fueled the car by 1 lap and absolutely destroyed my front left so had extremely little grip, but made some setup tweaks for the second race and managed much better tyre wear.

Had some great battles with @Casper @Stiggy @Michael Stead and @Kevin Harris in the first race, that was phenomenal! Second race Michael and myself managed to gap the field a little and just try to control it. Had a great time trying to keep @Sun Levi behind, far out you're too quick! :D

See you in Cordoba! :sneaky:
Oh and @Sean Rogers, epic fight with you mate!

Both races were really intense! Got so many good fights! @Martin Vindis @Andrew Scott @KoshaPashkin @goffred @Jimlaad43 Thanks guys! :thumbsup: Shame I ran out of fuel at the end of race 1, I used more fuel than usual. Got caught speeding as well as I was still battling with the pit menu...:rolleyes: It made race 2 even more difficult, I was dead last at one point. Feel like I spent more than half of the race trying to catch @Martin Vindis... with @Shawn Jacobs playing crew chief behind: "you're gaining on him!" It didn't work out, I lost ground once the tires were worn, but that was really fun! See you all at Cordoba, yes! :)

@Jimlaad43 I've seen your rear lights blinking in the straight at the beginning of race 1; it seemed fine later, not sure if it is worth mentioning it... But just in case you might check for yourself in replay?

Both races were really intense! Got so many good fights! @Martin Vindis @Andrew Scott @KoshaPashkin @goffred @Jimlaad43 Thanks guys! :thumbsup: Shame I ran out of fuel at the end of race 1, I used more fuel than usual. Got caught speeding as well as I was still battling with the pit menu...:rolleyes: It made race 2 even more difficult, I was dead last at one point. Feel like I spent more than half of the race trying to catch @Martin Vindis... with @Shawn Jacobs playing crew chief behind: "you're gaining on him!" It didn't work out, I lost ground once the tires were worn, but that was really fun! See you all at Cordoba, yes! :)

@Jimlaad43 I've seen your rear lights blinking in the straight at the beginning of race 1; it seemed fine later, not sure if it is worth mentioning it... But just in case you might check for yourself in replay?
Yeah, I was resting my foot on the brake a bit too hard. I might need to add a small deadzone as I do catch myself doing that every so often.

Almost slept too long :) Joined with half of Quali over and I was quite happy to get into the 1:29s. If I would have gotten higher I am sure that a slew behind me would have gotten by quickly.

Gained one position at the start, cant remember if I made that stick or not. Then battled @Ashley Cowan for a little bit before he spun at T1. There was a gap in front and I didn't seem to be gaining much. @Shawn Jacobs got by I believe (cant remember much at this point) and then going into T1 I tapped him from behind and he went off and I was like Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccc***** :(. Then I was in a dead zone not gaining to those in front and not losing to those behind. @Sam Smith had an off in front and I gained a bit, but with 10 minutes left, I really didn't feel like I was going to hold him off. It didn't help that I made mistakes to help him catch up. Didn't really feel like battling hard for the position (I would likely spin myself :) ), but I tried to defend some, and he eventually got by. Then it was just keeping position till the end.

Race 2 didn't happen. Right at the end of warmup I said something to Kevin on TS and he didn't reply.....odd. Then I saw "connection lost", and then a second or two later I heard the same from TS. :(. Internet connection at the house died. Router and cable modem looked fine, rebooted them and still got nothing. Laptop in another room had no connection either....so it was an ISP problem. I actually felt worse for @Kevin Harris because when I disconnected, his game crashed and he didn't make R2. Not a good result there for the team dammit. (not really mad about the disconnect because the internet has been rather solid since we moved).

Congrats to the alien (he who must not be named). I was looking forward to seeing how long I could keep him behind in R2. My guess would have been T4 on the first lap :).

@Shawn Jacobs yeah nice battle in the end =) @Jimlaad43 thx for good battle in 2nd race and sorry for my spin in front of u on formation lap in race1:unsure:

Some shots from 1st lap
qgJ4rpE.jpg

Zkno20N.jpg

Qp7Txsp.jpg

mWG4GeR.jpg

szqmuPY.jpg

CshW05W.jpg

HPshK8f.jpg

cDEbjRv.jpg

without imgur compression https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-1CXlLSe1ndEY5aE9GUTVNREE

Wow that was crazy fun. Nearly 5 hours later and I'm still buzzing, but knackered too!
@Chris @Michael Stead @Stiggy @Matt Le Gallez @Sam Smith that was some very intense racing from start to finish. No bloody rest at any stage.
Special mention to Michael Stead for exceptional sportsmanship to redress on the last corner. Awesome mate, thanks:thumbsup:
Great recovery drive from my team mate @Ashley Cowan after some bad luck and huge congrats to @Sean Rogers on a breakout round. Great pace and consistency !
Hard luck @Fred Locklear and @Kevin Harris (or is that Keith ;))
@Sun Levi thank goodness your only a sub. The championship would be a cakewalk (again) if you were around. Three years of Mercedes F1 and Sun Levi dominance is enough. Bring back @Sniper :D. Seriously though Sun, bloody amazing. Too good !

We're all here to help ! If you have any questions just ask man, club racing is perfect for learning so I encourage you to do more of those! When you're free and you see me practising just jump on team speak and talk to me, I'm more than happy to help. :thumbsup:
Very nice Sun. My english is very poor, I must learn by myself. Maybe, I will ask you to send me a setup.
Thank's.

Very nice Sun. My english is very poor, I must learn by myself. Maybe, I will ask you to send me a setup.
Thank's.
I could try to help in french of course…;) But for driving I'm certainly not the one able to help you the most, I have so much to learn myself! And it is not only a matter of explanation: if @Sun Levi is willing to do so, it could be following him, see his line and braking points. @Shawn Jacobs spend half an hour like this with me this week, teaching me each corner and waiting for me in the straights! :laugh: That has invaluable value and we did not need to talk much… So go and grab the help those guys are willing to give, I would say! :) It is not a matter of sharing a setup only… And Sun mentioned club racing: do as many races as you can! I get great help since last year racing on RD club and I'm still at the back! But I'm making progresses with all the help I get, and it is so much fun! :thumbsup: League races are on an another level, with people practicing a lot more; you'll probably find more easily someone to race bumper to bumper in club races.

I think I spent too much time this week practising for another race. Just could not find the pace that I had in practise from a week ago ending up in 11th for quali.

Had a good little tussle for a bit with @Fred Locklear and @Ashley Cowan until the dreaded first corner hit, going 3 in tight together through there doesn't work and unfortunately poor Ash got nudged from behind by me sending him off into the gravel. Apologies mate but there was not much I could do in that situation :( finished that race with a great battle with @Steve Le Gallez for 11th.

Race two was a little more fun. Again a fantastic fight with ash for a good portion of the race. Finally got past him then proceeded to lock up and run wide letting him through again, as well as Steve and Matt le gallez... then again another great battle with Steve. Just managed to scrape by him with about a lap or two to go and finished in 9th.

No other races for me to concentrate on apart from the rdtcc for a while now so I should hopefully make better inroads to the championship :)

Well done to the guys on both podiums

Oh and @Sean Rogers, epic fight with you mate!

What!!?!!11?1!? how could you forget? I spent lap 8 to lap 16 up your clacker trying to get past :confused:, I guess being TinShedded gives you amnesia :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:LOL. Almost got it done on lap 12 after the chicane, but Chris snuck back up the inside at the next right hander (T4). That gave @Kevin Harris, @Stiggy and @Sam Smith a chance to close the gap. Having Kevin (Keith) now up my clacker for good measure from lap 13 while trying to get past Chris was quite stressful (especially trying to pass and not be passed). I finally got past Chris for good on lap 16 and on my way to my best finish to date. Not that it was easy with Kevin now right up behind me pushing hard. Fortunately for me the pressure was removed with Kevin missing his brake mark and going off wide at the first corner on lap 20, giving me an easier last 3 or so laps to the finish. Awesome racing with you two was just awesome!

Race two was a bit uneventful, Starting off of 4th on the grid (moved up a place with @Fred Locklear dropping out - that sucks Fred :(), I dropped down to 6th at the first corner where both @Michael Stead and @Casper passed me after having had great starts off of 5th and 6th places. I moved up to 5th by taking Sam into turn 1 on lap 2, only to have @Matt Le Gallez sneak by on the inside of turn 4 and then @Sun Levi at turn 6 on the same lap. No point holding Sun up, I had run some practice with him and I knew he could get by me anywhere he chose, so my plan was to rather let him by easily, lose the least time by doing that and try keep in his slip stream to pull me along towards the front. Well that was the plan, but I was not really able to keep up. Running a bit wide coming out of T3 on lap 8, I lost 7th position to Sam who was really up my clacker for the last few laps. From then on to the finish, my race was uneventful, running on my own finishing in 7th place. I was just able to keep the gap reasonably constant after regaining my form, but could not close in on Jamie, Brodie and Sam just ahead.

Big shout out to Sam, he did a great job of catching the battling Brodie and Jamie, running right up with them waiting for an opportunity to hopefully snatch 4th place. Unfortunately, it was to finish as 6th place with Jamie and Brodie able to keep it together, still a good result for Team TinShed from round 3 :)

Congratulations to Sun for victory in both races (in his own league), Matt for his 2nd place and Jamie for 3rd in race 1 and to Chris and Michael for 2nd and 3rd in race two. Well done guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%