2011 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
But anyway, the race yesterday would have been fantastic if they would be allowed to drive in the heavy rain. They would just need to take it a bit more carefully. :)

Apparently between the 2nd chicane and the hairpin, the cars were aquaplaning even at safety car speed.
Would've been more accidents waiting to happen on pretty much every lap.
Then we'd have more safety cars and probably more red flags too.

Apparently between the 2nd chicane and the hairpin, the cars were aquaplaning even at safety car speed.
Would've been more accidents waiting to happen on pretty much every lap.
Then we'd have more safety cars and probably more red flags too.

Then the cars would drive at even lower speeds then. I would more love to watch the drivers drive around aquaplaning in 50 km/H than it being red flagged for 2 hours.

You do realise that the water levels around the track were higher than the ground clearance of the car right?
Would be pointless. Whether it be 1mph or 100mph, the cars would just float on the wooden plank.

You do realise that the water levels around the track were higher than the ground clearance of the car right?
Would be pointless. Whether it be 1mph or 100mph, the cars would just float on the wooden plank.

You do know that drivers can swim, right? :D

Unless Vettel of course, he's to young and does just complain when it rains on the car.

You do know that drivers can swim, right? :D

Unless Vettel of course, he's to young and does just complain when it rains on the car.
can you blame him tho? he's so dam fast i can see why he complains more then other's going so far and pushing the limits it's bound to get you allittle scared when rain come's down. Last thing you was is to slam into a concrete barrier at 150mph

He took it very carefully around the track as button was gaining 1.5 seconds per lap.

The track was nearly dry when the safety car was leading the field for the restart after lap 25. Come on I have seen far worth wet weather conditions on the past with no Safety Car.

a stunning race, really one to add to the F1 classics imo. Too much drama to even begin discussing in detail. The defending world champ currently dominating the standings cracking under pressure, the race winner with 6 trips to the pits, involved in 2 incidents, 1 with his teammate, and a drive through penalty so he drives from back to front 2 or 3 times in the race, the 7 time world champion sniffing the podium at last for the first time in his comeback, red flag drama This was definately a race for the history books.

iplayer only works if you have a UK IP address. But yes what I saw was a good race, though I might, um find, the BBC version to watch later. I was busy working and had the tv on mute, and given that it was fox that carried the race here in the US it was about the most amateur coverage you can image.

Iplayer works anywhere...just get a uk proxy ;) Also, while FOX did the broadcasting, the commentary team remained the same, no? Never heard them myself but matchett and buxton seem to have a fairly good reputation. I Find DC and MB increasingly cringeworthy at times, Crofty is a much better commentator. Should have gotten him to do the main coverage alongside MB instead of DC imo.

Button keeps Canadian GP win, that's fine for me, the trouble here is the inconsistency of the stewards, a real disgrace.

Again Lewis seems to have a point, Maldonado/Hamilton was the same than Alonso/Button today, also Di Resta was penalized twice just for touch the guy in front, some one must tell them the guy is white.

You mean it's the same because there were two cars in a racing track right?

One incident has nothing to do with the other one, in Canada's case Button touched Alonso's rear tire, which proves Alonso was clearly in front of him. Ended up with no damage for Button, and Alonso out of the race.

In Hamilton's case in Monaco, they contacted side by side, and Maldonado was out of the race in consequence. Not the same car positions, not the same situation, not the same result.

Yesterday Hamilton proved again that he is in an overagressive mental state, one thing is to have overtaker mind (I think he's the best overtaker on actual F1) and another thing is try to overtake when you don't have any chance and continuously cause accidents.

And then complain because everybody hates you because you are black, wich is, the least, weird.

In conclusion, Niki Lauda, shut your mouth and stop jumping on the bandwaggon.

That is very courious because (not talking about you) when he was bashing and blamming Alonso about everything, the UK press was listening to him with a lot of attention because he was an F1 legend etc. Now he's a stupid old man because he criticised LH.

I always thought he was a stupid old man by the way :D

I'm pretty sure if all cars were equal Vettel would be a rear grid driver.
im sorry but that is so arrogant of you to say such a thing, don't ever judge a driver because they have a super fast car in the first place, you never know what he could manage in a mid field car, he is a great Driver and has a great Driver that is why he is almost unbeatable.

and just FYI im not a fan of Vettel.

You mean it's the same because there were two cars in a racing track right?

One incident has nothing to do with the other one, in Canada's case Button touched Alonso's rear tire, which proves Alonso was clearly in front of him. Ended up with no damage for Button, and Alonso out of the race.

In Hamilton's case in Monaco, they contacted side by side, and Maldonado was out of the race in consequence. Not the same car positions, not the same situation, not the same result.

Yesterday Hamilton proved again that he is in an overagressive mental state, one thing is to have overtaker mind (I think he's the best overtaker on actual F1) and another thing is try to overtake when you don't have any chance and continuously cause accidents.

And then complain because everybody hates you because you are black, wich is, the least, weird.

Seems like you are contradict yourself, if you say Button touched Alonso's rear tire (no penalty for him) and Hamilton contacted side by side with Maldonado (penalty for Hamilton), them you are supporting even more my point of view, stewards decisions are a farce!

The black point isn't weird, was just ironic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 13 23.2%