2011 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like you are contradict yourself, if you say Button touched Alonso's rear tire (no penalty for him) and Hamilton contacted side by side with Maldonado (penalty for Hamilton), them you are supporting even more my point of view, stewards decisions are a farce!

I'm not contradicting myself, I just thought you were asking for a penalty to Alonso (not Button) as was Hamilton the one in Alonso's place in Monaco and the one that was penalized.

I said that Alonso had a full car in front of Button and Hamilton was side by side with Maldonado. So comparing a possible penalty between Alonso and Hamilton, Hamilton deserved it more*, while comparing a possible penalty for Button and Maldonado, Button deserved it more*.

Anyway, I'm tired of stewards refreeing the races like if this was basketball, the races starting under SC because is wet, and all the rest of things that turn F1 into this continuous polemics after every race.

*Nobody should be penalized for an unintentional touch with other car while racing him during a reasonable maneuver, period.

Anyway, I'm tired of stewards refreeing the races like if this was basketball, the races starting under SC because is wet, and all the rest of things that turn F1 into this continuous polemics after every race.

*Nobody should be penalized for an unintentional touch with other car while racing him during a reasonable maneuver, period.

Same here, finally we agree on something!:drink:

WHAT...A...RACE!! Was so happy that Vettel finally cracked, I expect to see his reign of supremacy will end now, and we'll see a whole new season from now on. I don't see why the second somebody starts dominating a series, everyone starts hating the guy - It was the same with Schumacher, Alonso, Button and now Vettel. I don't hate the guy - I think he has a very cool attitude towards racing and has a mature head for his age; nobody would hate him if he was in Webber, Rosberg or anyone else's position - I saw no complaints of him in the last years), and he is one of the best drivers in the world, if not the best (whoever said he would be a rear field driver if all cars were equal doesn't deserve the gift of eyesight to be honest)

As for Schumi - it's about time! Thought he was excellent and his move on Massa and Kobayashi proves he still has what it takes to cut it out in a Formula One field, if he keeps racing like that - I think it's only a matter of time before he starts getting on the podium!

I think it is to soon to say that we are going to see a whole new season from now on. Red Bull didn't play there cards right but they didn't have much to lose on the game either. Specially with Lewis out of the race as if he would have won the race he would have closed the gap to only 41 points while Button have closed the gap to 60 points.

WHAT...A...RACE!! ... I don't see why the second somebody starts dominating a series, everyone starts hating the guy - ... he [Vettel] is one of the best drivers in the world,

truly said Ross, I read through parts of this thread but got a little tired of some of the "A is better than B and would never do what C just did" stuff. It was an intense race in very difficult conditions, some people made better moves than others, some made moves they probably would like to never have happened (Heidfeld, anyone?) but hey, that's racing. I must say I was strictly against the KERS and rearwing overtaking gadgets, but they seem to work very well if you want some action packed minutes.

I've decided after yesterday that Niki Lauda is a **!
His comments blew the Hamilton incidents way out of context.
Basically saying that if the FIA don't act soon and suspend Hamilton, he's going to kill someone.

Yes in Monte Carlo, he was a bit to aggressive and paid the cost with penalties.
Montreal is completely different.
Against Webber, its wet, its at very low speed, Webber gave him space but wasn't too generous about it. They touched at low speed and Webber went round. If the stewards deem it a racing incident, it really can't be that bad. They're not dumb.

Against Button, yes Hamilton was taking a bit of a risk, but he had every right to do so. Button made a mistake and Hamilton got a better run out of the chicane and was much quicker down the straight.
Hamilton was going into a shrinking gap, but Jenson had plenty of time to see that.
Its unfortunate that Jenson's visibility was hindered by the rain, but that does not make it Hamilton's fault.
Deemed a racing incident. I don't see any way that either driver could've been given a penalty.
Neither did anything wrong really.

In conclusion, Niki Lauda, shut your mouth and stop jumping on the bandwaggon.

Niki Lauda has been a bit of a Richard since Senna slashed all over his F1 legacy. He still wants everyone to know who he is, and how great he is. I dont think he likes not being mentioned in the same breath as Senna, Villeneuve, Prost and Schumacher. And so instead shouts about like he's important.

My reply to him after his comments would be..... 'raced much F1 lately? From your zimmer frame? No? Well give it a rest then.'

Then the cars would drive at even lower speeds then. I would more love to watch the drivers drive around aquaplaning in 50 km/H than it being red flagged for 2 hours.

I don't care about all this safety. If you want safety play golf. I want my racing drivers fearless, unafraid, actually, I want my racing drivers to be absolute nutters. And most of all, I want my heroes to go out in a fireball of glory after misjudging a braking point. Haha, not really, but you get my point.

I don't care about all this safety. If you want safety play golf. I want my racing drivers fearless, unafraid, actually, I want my racing drivers to be absolute nutters. And most of all, I want my heroes to go out in a fireball of glory after misjudging a braking point. Haha, not really, but you get my point.

Good we agree then! :)

Replace Jenson race with Lewis, suppose it was Lewis the one who put Button and Alonso out and win the race, I would like to see if you say the same thing.

Alonso wold of been out. then he is out. If Lewis would of won I still would of been happy. Like I said before rather see a silver or red win. If any Maclaren or Ferrari would of won Monaco I sitl would of been happy. BUt i gues sur still raging at the fact that Lewis didnt win. Oh well. Stuff happens right?

Lets not forget Mark Webber too. He did well in this race too.

But ya, Schumy did as best as he could with his years of experience. But as the track dries up, so is his mercedes. That clearly shows the raw power of the Bull and the McLaren. Given the commentator commenting on the KERS, it shows how much impact it has and cost the red bull dearly. :)

Oh ya, you guys may not notice but Kobayashi is doing pretty well with his Sauber too. A little lucky for this dude but well, he's not driving badly too.

But all in all, i must say this is the best race this season.

Then the cars would drive at even lower speeds then. I would more love to watch the drivers drive around aquaplaning in 50 km/H than it being red flagged for 2 hours.

Good we agree then! :)

I completely disagree! :mad:

I neither want to see a lottery nor do I want to see someone crash out due to aquaplaning at higher speeds and get injured seriously!

Come on guys, why is it so hard to discuss a great race in an objective way from a racers perspective? I'm very happy to be a part of race department because race department stands for clean and fair racing. I would expect that disussions about racing are also done clean and fair.

I have no problem that guys also add their likes and dislikes but the core of an opinion about racing should be from an objective racer perspective. Else discussing is senceless. And I'm very disappointed about some expressions which aren't only expressing a dislike but they are disrespectfull.

Even though I don't like Hamilton and Alonso and some others, I respect them all, as human beings and as race drivers!

I'm not sure why the teams all humph around and display those lovely full wet tyres around the place anymore,and Pirelli should shut down the production line of them,the first sniff of water on a track now means a safety car parade around until it becomes at least "inters" conditions,small teams looking for some cash savings,cancel your wet tyres order....
It wouldnt be so bad or look so embarrassing if the Moto GP was in nice Silverstone sunshine,but did anyone see what they went out and raced motorcyles on? :),im embarrassed on behalf of those F1 drivers who were more than happy safety car parading,shameful...

spewing i missed it

i woke up at 230am to watch it and when the rain hit i thought may as well go back to bed

anyone know where i might be able to see a vid?

cheers

Not sure if Aussie's can get BBC iPlayer - but it's worth a shot! [video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011y3b4/Formula_1_2011_The_Canadian_Grand_Prix_Highlights/[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back