2011 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the FIA just cant play those games anymore or whole Europe will just rise up and WW3 would start.

haha, that'll go down well in the history books. World War 1 was started with the assasination of a prince, world war 2 started over one country invading another and world war 3 was started by formula 1. haha

F1 Canadian GP - Best Race this season? Your thoughts.

After waiting hours for the Canadian GP to end, who would have thought? Jensen Button coming through all those difficulties to pick up his first win of the season! Huge Congrats to my fellow Brit for beating the amazing Vettel.

What are your thoughts? Was it the best race so far this season? :)

WOW megga race....KERS,DRS + Pirrellis what a combo.

Best race is ages, this season is fantastic for overtaking and the pitstops. 2.3 seconds by Ferrari @ Canada.
Jenson Button 6 pit stops and 1 drive threw and he still won. Congratulations Jenson a well deserved win and a fantastic result after such a wet race.

Everywhere the TV cameras went there was something going on so well done to the BBC for the coverage (UK), Jake, Eddie,David and Martin held it together what seemed an epic never ending race.

I would have loved to have seen Vettel spin out and retire and Schumacher on 1 of the steps, it would not have dented Sebs chances not finishing this race. But hey 2nd for Seb and 3rd for Mark what a fantastic storey they have to tell the viewing public in years to come, just like when they look back on the greats like senna,mansell,Moss,clark and fangio today.
This was truly and epic race to go down in history.

yup Vettel = Alan Prost.

I hope you're being ironic on that one? Prost wasn't a great hotlapper, and never built up race wins with sheer quali performance, but with his great consistancy, and his ability to work his way up through the field in a careful and wise manner.

Meanwhile Vettel builds race wins with a pole, thanks to his amazing hotlapping skills(he has like 25 poles in only 2 and a half seasons in a top team), and then controls the race from the front, most of the time with a top-notch race strategy(thanks Red Bull). This works perfectly on the paper, but not when he is under pressure, or when something unpredictable happens. When it is the case he often throws up the race victory chances with something silly. Just look at today's race, or at last season(Istanbul, Hungary, Spa, etc, etc).

Awesome race!! Button had one of the most incident filled races of any driver for a long time and drove a stormer to pick up his first win of the season.. AMAZING!! Where did he find that pace in the closing laps he was flying and way quicker than anybody else. This and Shanghai from earlier this season are two of the best races for some time.

What a race! In 40 years of watching F1 races, this is one of the best I have ever seen. It had everything. I was ready to call this one after the rain delay. Glad I didn't. I think they were able to finished it only because it started early enough in the day and they didn't run out of daylight after the rain stopped. Some great drives throughout the field.

They should never penalise Jenson. He literally re-started at the back and passed every single car and won. What a performance, amazing. Mind you we'll see what the FIA *cough ferrari* have to say about the matter.

He drove a smart race in the end...with a bit of bad luck at the beginning and good luck coming later. I thought he was done after the inters went on the car and the clouds opened up. That push towards the last few laps was "monstrous". The incident with FA was a pure racing incident. The one with lewis was just unfortunate. I don't think he saw LH. He wouldn't deliberately take out his teammate and suffer the wrath of Ron and Martin.

Great, worth the wait! Shame tho I was really looking forward to seeing schumacher on the podium! But the car was no match there this season, too bad Lewis crashed I think he would have podiumed here! Roll on the next race guys!

I'm exhausted. Disappointed they started under the safety car but even so, it should of been only 1 lap. When they did get going, Lewis and Mark's incident was a racing accident. Lewis went over the curb and skidded straight on into Mark. The incident between the McLarens was also a racing incident as Jenson didn't see him and Lewis just had too good a run out of the final corner. As the BBC said, they both talked it out and agreed it was a racing accident. When the rain came down heavy, it was the right thing to do to suspend the race. It was far too wet and someone was going to ahve a huge accident if they didn't.

When they got going, I was disappointed to see the SC keep going around. Personally, if it's good enough conditions to start the race, then the SC only needs to do one lap, else you don't restart the race again. The same applied at the start. The incident between Jenson and Fernando was Fernando's fault imo. At the point of turn in they were level and Jenson had the inside. Fernando couldn't accept conceding the position and went to hard into the corner and had to take the line that Jenson was on before colliding with him. Jenson was also up against the curb so it wasn't like he went in too deep either.

When the race got going again after SC #5, Jenson was still off the back of the pack in 21st place and how he got it all the way up to P4 before Nick crashed into Kamui and proceeded to jump over his front wing, i'll never know. On the restart Jenson waited for his opportunity and took it by passing Mark when he went off and then Michael on the following lap. He was far quicker than Sebastian and you knew if he could get in the DRS zone on lap 69, he was going to close and have a great chance on lap 70 to finish the deal in the DRS zone, but he didn't need it with Seb hitting the wet stuff and loosing the rear. A great drive by Jenson and he fully deserves this victory. :) Good to see Lewis staying in the garage and supporting Jenson all the way to the end.

Is it me or was there some really poor driving out there at times? I saw several people moving in the braking zone, Di Resta, one of the Williams', and the worse one was Schumacher who nearly wiped Lewis out. I'm surprised the stewards didn't clamp down on it as we're going to see a big accident one day. Also, I believe Narain has had a 20 second penalty for cutting a corner and gaining a position on the last lap.

I agree with what Ivo said as the DRS was way too advantageous today. As we saw, we really didn't need it today.

I think that race was a bad joke. It's so interesting that Button's every incident will be involving after the race, while the stewards could make decision so quickly in the di Resta vs Heidfeld contact...

And another interesting thing: McLaren stated that they've set their cars for wet track. But if they set the cars on wet track, why did Button always slip on some water with extreme wet tyres, while Hamilton with the same car didn't? And how could they improve more than 1.5 seconds/lap on dry track with low fuel during one night?!

For the DRS topic: I think FIA should try that the attacker driver can choose: he will use the DRS or KERS while he tries to overtake, not both of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes