2011 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe we're all going a bit overboard regarding the red flags. It's not like they don't usually race in the wet, I've seen some great races over the past 3-4 years in the wet. Montreal was just TOO wet. The red flag, IMO after much thought, was the right decision.

And let's not forget what happened when the race got underway. It had Amazing racing, it had bad racing, it had mistakes, world champions crashing out, team mates racing each other (not just McLaren either) 2 cars coming from last to get on the podium, a 2 car battle for 1st on the last lap. What more can I say, it was Formula 1 at it's greatest, every reason we love F1 was in this race.

If my son grows up to be an F1 fan, I'll one day tell him the story of Montreal 2011, when Jenson Button came from last place almost half a lap behind and won the race. When the greatest world champion of my time, who many thought old and past it, showed he WAS still great. I certainly won't be telling him about that race in canada that got stopped because of rain.

That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline