2011 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so interesting that Button's every incident will be involving after the race, while the stewards could make decision so quickly in the di Resta vs Heidfeld contact...

This is just because incidents are always investigated after the race when one(or both) driver(s) are out.

For the DRS topic: I think FIA should try that the attacker driver can choose: he will use the DRS or KERS while he tries to overtake, not both of them!

Everyone would be using DRS then. KERS doesn't stand a chance against it.

This is just because incidents are always investigated after the race when one(or both) driver(s) are out.

I don't agree with this rule. What if there were no more SCs during the race, and for example, Button won the race with more 25+ seconds before Vettel, than the stewards give him a +25 seconds penalty because of the contact with Hamilton. I think this is another bad rule, which FIA should re-think, like the handicap by brand rule in WTCC.

And another interesting thing: McLaren stated that they've set their cars for wet track. But if they set the cars on wet track, why did Button always slip on some water with extreme wet tyres, while Hamilton with the same car didn't? And how could they improve more than 1.5 seconds/lap on dry track with low fuel during one night?!

Jenson said after qualifying that he didn't have a "wet" setup. The actual reason they were running more wing was because they didn't develop a Canada spec rear wing, so therefore they were carrying more drag.

Button keeps Canadian GP win, that's fine for me, the trouble here is the inconsistency of the stewards, a real disgrace.

Again Lewis seems to have a point, Maldonado/Hamilton was the same than Alonso/Button today, also Di Resta was penalized twice just for touch the guy in front, some one must tell them the guy is white.

OMFG what a crazy race that was. Was really dissappointed at the SC start, as I was sitting right at the start/finish line, but jeeeeeeez what was to come....We were going absolutely crazy with all the action that was happening. I hate Schumi, but he really did deserved a podium. Damn DRS, screws it all up.

Now Button--- what a driving lesson ! He was LAST ! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Man he was soooo happy at the ceremony, the crowd was going completely nuts. His father almost burst into tears during the England national anthem. And Vettel, he really looked like he wnated to cry too ROFL. Wow man, wow....

yeah and the CROWD, if u listen to the Podium , was BOOING Vettel when he got his 2nd place trophy.LOL.

BTW i bet everyone in Britain and other european english speaking countries are celebrating Jenson win. Im already buzzed here and I'm in America :wink:

I regret missing the race because the delay drags too long and well, had to work so ya. I missed it with regrets. :(

After reading through the news on the commentary, i have to say the McLaren really did find some serious pace! Even though i'm a RBR fans, but i have to admit Button is a driver just like Mark Webber. Consistency and experience really make them shine. May not be as fast as Vettel and Lewis but they are good. Their attack and defend is much nicer to watch compared to lewis and vettel. The young just love to muscle through obstacle. :)

I'm gonna catch the replay at a later date.

And congratulation to the McLaren fans too. You guys really deserve this win. Simply fantastic. Before i off the TV, in my mindset is McLaren is over. But what a race. haha

Forza Jenson! Forza McLaren!I do feel however that the championship is going to be out of reach unless Vettel fails to produce remarkable results from his Adrian Newey designed Red Bull Renault.I stopped watching the race after lap 25. It seemed great; I would have been happy if Schumi was on the podium. I hope he beats Rosberg this season.

Every F1 race this season has been great due to the DRS, KERS and the Pirelli tires, along with the fact that they have the most talented drivers in the world.

If you want to watch the Canadian GP in full, simply go to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

It shows all the coverage of practices, qualifying and the race, completely free and totally awesome.

iplayer only works if you have a UK IP address. But yes what I saw was a good race, though I might, um find, the BBC version to watch later. I was busy working and had the tv on mute, and given that it was fox that carried the race here in the US it was about the most amateur coverage you can image.

I've decided after yesterday that Niki Lauda is a **!
His comments blew the Hamilton incidents way out of context.
Basically saying that if the FIA don't act soon and suspend Hamilton, he's going to kill someone.

Yes in Monte Carlo, he was a bit to aggressive and paid the cost with penalties.
Montreal is completely different.
Against Webber, its wet, its at very low speed, Webber gave him space but wasn't too generous about it. They touched at low speed and Webber went round. If the stewards deem it a racing incident, it really can't be that bad. They're not dumb.

Against Button, yes Hamilton was taking a bit of a risk, but he had every right to do so. Button made a mistake and Hamilton got a better run out of the chicane and was much quicker down the straight.
Hamilton was going into a shrinking gap, but Jenson had plenty of time to see that.
Its unfortunate that Jenson's visibility was hindered by the rain, but that does not make it Hamilton's fault.
Deemed a racing incident. I don't see any way that either driver could've been given a penalty.
Neither did anything wrong really.

In conclusion, Niki Lauda, shut your mouth and stop jumping on the bandwaggon.

I've decided after yesterday that Niki Lauda is a dick!
His comments blew the Hamilton incidents way out of context.
Basically saying that if the FIA don't act soon and suspend Hamilton, he's going to kill someone.

Yes in Monte Carlo, he was a bit to aggressive and paid the cost with penalties.
Montreal is completely different.
Against Webber, its wet, its at very low speed, Webber gave him space but wasn't too generous about it. They touched at low speed and Webber went round. If the stewards deem it a racing incident, it really can't be that bad. They're not dumb.

Against Button, yes Hamilton was taking a bit of a risk, but he had every right to do so. Button made a mistake and Hamilton got a better run out of the chicane and was much quicker down the straight.
Hamilton was going into a shrinking gap, but Jenson had plenty of time to see that.
Its unfortunate that Jenson's visibility was hindered by the rain, but that does not make it Hamilton's fault.
Deemed a racing incident. I don't see any way that either driver could've been given a penalty.
Neither did anything wrong really.

In conclusion, Niki Lauda, shut your mouth and stop jumping on the bandwaggon.
idk what everyone is whining about, the Button hamilton incident was clearly Buttons fault, no way around it, but because hamilton is involved hes a crasher and a dangerous driver.

Thats how it works in the world of armchair professionals.

Guys be a little bit more careful with some language please.
This is a forum for all ages. And some words breach the forum rules.

You thinking of peeps that are small as childs or errrrrr? :tongue:

But anyway, the race yesterday would have been fantastic if they would be allowed to drive in the heavy rain. They would just need to take it a bit more carefully. :)

When it finally got going I loved that race, loved it. I wish the saftey car would have come in a few laps earlier though, there was a clear drying line. As Brundle said on commentary, a lap or so after the SC came in, everyone went on inters!

With the Button-Hamilton incident, I fail to see why Hamilton didn't move to his right instead of trying to go into a disappearing gap. He would have had the run on Button into the first corner and the inside line into turn 2. Me being a Button fan I was thrilled he won; what an amazing preformance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes