2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Chris Noble

I do wonder at the comments about ITV and loving Hamilton.

How is the BBC (British Broadcasting Corparation) going to talk less about Hamilton (British) and the fact he is the 1st British Drivers Champion since 1996?

If anything I think it will be worse lol. so have fun ITV haters.

I really wish people would stop saying "if it wasn't for this, if it wasn't for that". I mean, when does it end? Because you know, if it wasn't for every other driver on the grid the entire season, Adrian Sutil would be world champion right now, even though he spent most of his time snuggled nice and cosy in a tyre barrier.

Hamilton got penalties for aggressive driving, so did Massa. Hamilton made mistakes, so did Massa. Massa had 2 failures (one mechanical, one by a mechanic), Hamilton had bad races too. If you look back through every championship you will see similar stories. It's just the way it is; it comes down to skill, and a bit of luck.

Hamilton won it, he ended the season with more points, end of story. I wanted Massa to win, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to yell at 6am because of it. It was a great championship and I think a lot of people can learn from the graciousness shown by Massa in defeat. I think we saw a lot of maturity in Massas drive and I really look forward to next year to see if he might just prove more consistent and catch a bit more luck.

100% in agreement here. Massa done everything he needed to do here. He will be a world champion, I'm sure of that, but the pieces didn't fall into place this year for him.

nononononono!! Simple maths

McLaren money = Lewis Hamilton Champion!

Toyota clearly were paid to slow down with 1 corner to go. Theres no way you would lose 30 seconds in one lap when it wasnt raining heavily.

Anyway thats the only way Hamilton can win a worl championship, Massa deserved it 5 times more than Hamilton.

But we will all look away when Kimi slowed down for Massa to pass him in China.

They are both great drivers but the beter one won!

• Wido Rossen

Read my post again Wido :)
I said I switched to the Belgiums every time during commercials.

But I don't fancy watching the Belgium F1 coverage. Its as boring as those Eurosport NL reporters..... booooo

Don`t come down on me Ramon...it`s monday morning men...:hug:

nononononono!! Simple maths

McLaren money = Lewis Hamilton Champion!

Toyota clearly were paid to slow down with 1 corner to go. Theres no way you would lose 30 seconds in one lap when it wasnt raining heavily.

Anyway thats the only way Hamilton can win a worl championship, Massa deserved it 5 times more than Hamilton.

Lol, If Glock wanted to help Lewis he should have pitted as well ;) He only gained places on Vettel and Hamilton because he didn't pit for wets which cost him almost 20 seconds in the last lap, same thing happened to Trulli.

PS; In Spa we had the exact same situation, just with some other drivers. Heidfeld & Alonso pitted for wets with 1 lap to go and they managed to catch the drivers who stayed out on slicks.

Well I could write an essay about how devastated I am by this news, I am so thankfull I fell asleep at about the halfway mark, so I didn’t get to see the victory celebrations, and no I am not a Massa fan boy. Let’s just say anyone else would have been my preferred candidate. Let’s just bring on 2009 with no ITV and please, please, please let us have a champion that might a skerrick of personality and likability that the average bloke might find even minutely tollerable, it certainly hasn’t happened in 2008 :censored:

Lol, If Glock wanted to help Lewis he should have pitted as well ;) He only gained places on Vettel and Hamilton because he didn't pit for wets which cost him almost 20 seconds in the last lap, same thing happened to Trulli.

PS; In Spa we had the exact same situation, just with some other drivers. Heidfeld & Alonso pitted for wets with 1 lap to go and they managed to catch the drivers who stayed out on slicks.

+1

• Dannevang

This is a great video. But I agree with you other people, the cam is not sitting right. I am sure that the F1 drivers can see more of the track than that.

• Dannevang

Hamilton deserved to win. He was so close last year. And I don't think that Vettel could have past Hamilton if it haven't been for Kubica.

But one thing i Really DIDNT like was the fact that the Brazilian Crowd were constantly dooing Hamilton, But this shows how good he actually is he rose above that immature and unsporting crowd and gave it to them! Just wish everyone could stop tryng to bully him out of the sport!

Hes given me ALOT of insperation after i red his autobiography.I wish that people could see what he has done with his life and how hard a time hes actually been given!

Oh and by the way does anyone know what this Spanish hating hamilton website was called?

"Im not insulting other members just McLaren"

Ross im bemused about the above comments, if u dont like ITV F1 then dont watch it but thats no need to insult and ridicule both Hamilton and Mclaren. Both deserve praise as does Masa. As someone from the UK dont you think you should show some support for a UK driver. You cant deny he has exceptional ability and importantly he is still young and learning his trade.The treatment he has been given from fans and even other drivers like Alsonso has been disgusting, praise where praise is due :yo:

I cant not watch F1!

Im not saying Lewis Hamilton is a bad driver, he is one of the best in the world, but IMO Alonso and Massa are better (Thats my opinion so dont argue!) I dont have to support Hamilton just because he is from the UK, I dont think we shoulkd be forced to like drivers from our own country. I also admit Alonso has been chilish but it has been very funny to hear his comments, without Alonso F1 wouldnt be what it is. He gives it that extra something :)

And by the way Keith, Ian and Nick, this is my opinion, I have heard you disagreeing with me more than once. Im fine with that but please dont this time. My opinion!

It's funny enough to be posted twice :D

Actually three times, look at the top of page 2. :)

1386821hamilton-f1.gif

looooooooooooooooooooooool

By the way I dont mean what I meant by my first post I made here. I simply over reacated!

I cant not watch F1!

Im not saying Lewis Hamilton is a bad driver, he is one of the best in the world, but IMO Alonso and Massa are better (Thats my opinion so dont argue!) I dont have to support Hamilton just because he is from the UK, I dont think we shoulkd be forced to like drivers from our own country. I also admit Alonso has been chilish but it has been very funny to hear his comments, without Alonso F1 wouldnt be what it is. He gives it that extra something :)

And by the way Keith, Ian and Nick, this is my opinion, I have heard you disagreeing with me more than once. Im fine with that but please dont this time. My opinion!
I hate to break it to you, but you can't stop people from disagreeing with you. People have the right to.

"immature and unsporting crowd"

it will be the same if massa had won it in silverstone people simply are so

the anti lewis site is down so it doesn't matter

i might find that very wrong daniel there has been different race winners at silverstone since 2002 and crowed around silverstone has always congratulated the winner. if you can prove me wrong. Quote the sentence and site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%