2005 Ford Transit

Cars 2005 Ford Transit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is it possible to disable or override the "CLEAN ME!" part of the dirt layer?

I have tried to add an Exterior_damage.dds to the skin folder without success.

It could be that it is hardcoded into the kn5 file.

I would like to change it to something more fitting with the Danish skins i am doing.

@OP Mod is fantastic, but out of curiosity, how does your AC look so good? What's your graphical settings, etc?

I have detected a small bug with the rims. When a rival car is far (more than 30 meters away) the inner part of the wheel is not drawn (it's transparent) and only the tire is visible. Is it possible that it is a small bug related to the LOD?

Last edited:
@DanDTBV
In the 2D template, open the group : "AO"
Then open the group "DirtPermanent"
Untick (disable) "Layer 37 copy 3"
Done.

It is not quite that easy hal4000.

The dirt layer is hardcoded into the kn5. This can be seen if you rename Exterior.dds while watching the car in Content Manager’s Custom showroom.

I have however figured out how to disable and/or change the dirt pattern.

To disable the dirt, you need to create an empty ExteriorDirt.dds, with an all black alpha channel.
No dirt
No dirt.jpg

To change the dirt pattern, you need to have a dirt layer with your pattern and a alpha channel with black for no dirt and gray to white for dirty areas.

My only issue, is that I have not figured, out how to get details for the alpha channel, from a 20% opacity layer in photoshop. I only seem to be able to get it from a 50% opacity layer.
The result is a dirt layer that is to dark.
My own dirt
Own dirt.jpg

The original dirt
Original dirt.jpg

The darker dirt does work for my Army version of the Transit
Army dirt 1.jpg

Army dirt 2.jpg

Happy modding.

I am absolutely blow away by the superb quality of this mod, amazing. I actually enjoy this more than some of the paid mods I have. Also I wanted to ask if is there a way to get the wheel on the right side?

I am absolutely blow away by the superb quality of this mod, amazing. I actually enjoy this more than some of the paid mods I have. Also I wanted to ask if is there a way to get the wheel on the right side?
Sorry, no plans for that I'm afraid. It was always designed to be the same spec of van they used on Top Gear, which was UK spec.

It'd be nice to have LHD but not as nice as being able to spend time on brand new mods altogether, which is what I'm doing instead.

Sorry, no plans for that I'm afraid. It was always designed to be the same spec of van they used on Top Gear, which was UK spec.

It'd be nice to have LHD but not as nice as being able to spend time on brand new mods altogether, which is what I'm doing instead.
This is one of the few RHD vehicle mods in AC so it's a rare treat to have the driver shifting on the same side as my gearstick in VR.
Some clever chap should make an app that can automatically mirror the controls and dashboard without flipping any logos or dials so that every car can be either LHD or RHD.
:p

I'm always grateful to Shaun Clark when he offers both options for some vehicles.

That is no big deal, I am enjoying it immensely despite that. Amazing mod, can't wait to see what you will make next :)

Lol out of curiosity I checked to see if this car was still on the road (around the time of release it wasn't).

Turns out it lives for another year! Reckon the owner of this van has any idea there are thousands of virtual clones being abused all over the internet? :roflmao:

upload_2018-12-7_13-1-34.png

Btw if you know of any bugs for this, let me know soon-ish (not today though, I expect most will have better things to be doing lol).

I've scoured the support thread which reminded me of the wheel LOD issue which I've fixed, as well as interior glass and wipers so it works nicer with the Shader mod. I'll fix anything else that pops up between now and whenever i release the faster version which should be soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%