rF2 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - Sun 24 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
SERVER IS UP!

NOTE:
The GetMod service is available once again, so any missing component files that are required for this event (except for paid DLC, if applicable) will be automatically downloaded and installed when joining the server.

Daiman Patel

Reserve a seat please..GTE
LMP2 or GTE Please!
Can I get a reserve for LMP2, please?
Would like to get a spot on the reserve list for GTE together with my team mate for this race Marko Faust (will register here as premium tomorrow)
You have all been added to the reserves list. You will be moved up (and notified) if any current participants sign out. I also suggest that you join TeamSpeak before the start of qualifying in case there are any vacant spots. :thumbsup: Or you could ask to see if any drivers currently on the list are willing to share their seat. :)

Was not planning on participating, but after a game crash just before the race start on Nordschleife I feel I can't just let it go
Apologies about last night - as the race session itself had already started I did not realise that you had disconnected. :redface:

Daiman Patel

Sorry can you take me off the list, going to have to miss this one, was that keen didn’t realise I’ve double booked .
Hello, unfortunately i have to withdraw from the event, really sorry for this, good luck to all you guys for the race :thumbsup:
I'm sorry to hear that the two of you will not be able to join us for this event. :( I hope that we'll see you again another time. :)

@Wayne Hutchison & @csar77, you have both been moved up the list! :thumbsup:

Daiman Patel

INFORMATION

S397 Ferrari 488 GTE will not be available

Unfortunately the recently announced Ferrari 488 GTE will not be available for selection in next week's event, even if it is released before the race. The reason for this is that not all participants will necessarily be able or have a chance to purchase the new car in time for the event. I do not believe it would be fair to expect drivers, who have already signed up to participate in the race, to buy additional DLC on such short notice so that they can continue to take part. Apologies if you were hoping that this car would be made available. However, you can be sure that we'll host another special event, including the Ferrari, very soon!

"Low drag" / "Le Mans" Aero Package

This is a notice / reminder that all cars, in all 3 classes, have a "low drag" / "Le Mans" aero package that we recommend drivers to use for this event. The package is an "Upgrade" option that can be enabled via the 'Tuning' menu, when selecting your car. It must be selected manually when you first join the server; after this the setting should be remembered, if you select the same car, but we recommend confirming this each time, by entering the 'Tuning' menu, before joining the server.

Last edited:

Daiman Patel

Put me on reserve with GTE I guess, thank you.
I have added you to the reserves list. You will be moved up (and notified) if any current participants sign out. I also suggest that you join TeamSpeak before the start of qualifying in case there are any vacant spots. :thumbsup: Or you could ask to see if any drivers currently on the list are willing to share their seat. :)

Daiman Patel

Reserves with GTE Please
I have added you to the reserves list. You will be moved up (and notified) if any current participants sign out. I also suggest that you join TeamSpeak before the start of qualifying in case there are any vacant spots. :thumbsup: Or you could ask to see if any drivers currently on the list are willing to share their seat. :)

PicoBp

#26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew
Does anyone know some good GTE baseline setups? Mainly interested in the Vette, but open for other cars as well, still in the testing phase. rF2 is way down on my "frequently played" list, so any hints, tips and tricks are appreciated. :rolleyes:

My main issue with the Vette is the loose rear mid corner. Never been a setup guru myself, I can usually flip a few switches to fix basic stuff, but rF2 has one of the more cryptic garage screens (at least to me).

Hi Guys,

I'm having a lot of issues with getting a comfortable setup for the Oreca. The brakes are locking up like crazy and I cannot get the car to slow down well in heavy braking zones without either braking incredibly early, or spin out due to an instant lockup.
I've tried adjusting the maximum brake force in the setup, played with the brake balance, and adjusted the brake pedal sensitivity. The latter helped a bit, but not much.
Hope you guys have some tips on resolving this :).

Cheers
Me too... To help I've lowered tire pressure and moved brake bias to the front... But still I'm finding it hard to brake late as others without locking up but no spinning out though. I'm using a load cell brake, but it ain't magic though lol

Last edited:

Daiman Patel

Reserve spot please

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000