rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
- Jun 4, 2011
It's been a while since our last "Special Event" in the rFactor 2 club, so we think that it's about time for another! With the motorsport calendar on hold due to the current situation, this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans has been postponed, currently until September. But we still need our endurance racing fix... so why not take part in the race yourself, in this "Special Event". Come join us - sign up for your spot on the grid NOW! And remember to stay safe folks.
This idea is the brainchild of and will be jointly hosted by @Paul Glover!
Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.
[Server & TeamSpeak Password]
[TeamSpeak Installation Guide]
[Racing Club Rules]
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LE MANS
- Acura ARX-05 - [Steam]
- Cadillac DPi-V.R - [Steam]
- Mazda RT24-P - [Steam]
- Oreca 07 LMP2 - [DLC] - Endurance Pack
- BMW M8 GTE - [DLC] - Endurance Pack
- Corvette C7.R GT3-R - [DLC] - Endurance Pack
- Porsche 911 RSR - [DLC] - Endurance Pack
- Aston Martin Vantage GTE - [DLC]
Track Temperature: 25°C
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time / Weather: Day -> Night / Mixed
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults
Schedule: (EU) Sunday 24 May 2020
Practice: 16:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 16:30 UTC (30 minutes)
Warm Up: 17:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 17:05 UTC (2 hours 24 minutes)
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
- Driver swapping is allowed for this event, but only one car per team can take part in the qualifying session. Individual drivers can take part in this event as normal.
- It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.
- All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
- Daiman Patel & Rui F. Martins
- Peter Stokman
- Luca Staccini Anzanello
- Bert Austen
- Michele Esposito
- Ramón Clemente
- Magnus Dahlgren
- Alex Freitas
- Knut Mattheisen & AyrtonForever
- Ingemar Petersson
- Michel vL
- Marco Antonio Rodriguez
- Stephen Gibb
- Roy Magnes
- Pauli Ahonen
- The GT Formula
- Paul Glover
- Balazs Floszmann
- David Jessat
- Gasper Zupan
- Adam Farmer
- Wayne Hutchison
- Martin Fiala
- Rogue Racing
SERVER IS UP!
S397 Ferrari 488 GTE will not be available
Unfortunately the recently announced Ferrari 488 GTE will not be available for selection in next week's event, even if it is released before the race. The reason for this is that not all participants will necessarily be able or have a chance to purchase the new car in time for the event. I do not believe it would be fair to expect drivers, who have already signed up to participate in the race, to buy additional DLC on such short notice so that they can continue to take part. Apologies if you were hoping that this car would be made available. However, you can be sure that we'll host another special event, including the Ferrari, very soon!
"Low drag" / "Le Mans" Aero Package
This is a notice / reminder that all cars, in all 3 classes, have a "low drag" / "Le Mans" aero package that we recommend drivers to use for this event. The package is an "Upgrade" option that can be enabled via the 'Tuning' menu, when selecting your car. It must be selected manually when you first join the server; after this the setting should be remembered, if you select the same car, but we recommend confirming this each time, by entering the 'Tuning' menu, before joining the server.