rF2 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - Sun 24 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
i tried that app many times Daiman...and the result was an infinite number of teamspeak crashes....:sick:
a pitty because they had the original plugin and it worked, don't know whay they eliminated it
Hmmm… I've never really had any problems with the plugin, except when an update is released for TeamSpeak itself which makes it incompatible. Thankfully the plugin is usually updated pretty quickly and everything is good again. However, I'm still running Windows 7 (shhh… don't tell anyone) on my gaming rig; if you're running Windows 10, I wonder if this might be the cause of the issue. That being said, the description for the plugin suggests that it should be compatible with all versions of the OS, from Windows 7 onwards.

Hmmm… I've never really had any problems with the plugin, except when an update is released for TeamSpeak itself which makes it incompatible. Thankfully the plugin is usually updated pretty quickly and everything is good again. However, I'm still running Windows 7 (shhh… don't tell anyone) on my gaming rig; if you're running Windows 10, I wonder if this might be the cause of the issue. That being said, the description for the plugin suggests that it should be compatible with all versions of the OS, from Windows 7 onwards.
ok, i'll give it again a try but i already know the results.....:D

There's no need to apologise, mate. I can understand why you decided to pull out, especially at 3am. It can be difficult to concentrate and focus at the best of times, nevermind so early in the morning. Hopefully you can join us again and will have more joy next time. :)
Hope so too mate. I absolutely love these endurance events, and always have a great time. No matter how bad I am at keeping the car on the tarmac of course...
Thanks to yourself and the RD crew for putting on these events, it's such hard work but I hope it feels worthwhile to you a too when so many people enjoy them.
Hope to see you all again soon and I'll try and catch some early zzzzs before the race next time armed with a strong cup of black coffee!

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
@EagleEyes, to reiterate what others have said, do not let yesterday put you off racing online. We all started somewhere, and have made mistakes over the years - even now some of us will occasionally make mistakes, to which we have to hold up our hands and apologise. In the heat of the battle it can be easy to make these errors, intentionally or otherwise.

I've been in this game for almost 12 years now, and am still only a mediocre driver at best. In this time I have made numerous mistakes, and probably done things that have (accidentally) resulted in other people's races being compromised - things that I ought not to have done - but these have served as valuable lessons from which I have learned (and continue to learn) to ultimately become a better driver.

You very much jumped in at the deep end in yesterday's race. I would recommend starting smaller, by taking part in some of our club events, gaining some confidence, and learning the rules before tackling bigger beasts like yesterday's special event.

I hope that we'll see you online and on track again soon, mate. :)

i don't had what it can be considered ad stutter but me too had little problems in the arrival straight and in t1....game was not fluid as ever and this is evident from my replay too, in t2 and t3 all good

I too had a couple of strange moments. Usually when it was multiple classes of car braking into a corner at night. Fair bit of slowdown and stutters, but only happened once or twice out of the entire time I was online which was a few hours at the least.

Windows have a feature that lowers the volume of the rest of the audio when you use stuff like TS. In the sound control panel, you can set it up on the Communications tab. Though I believe it's on by default in Win 10, and I also don't know how well it works with TS.

My first club race with RaceDepartment. Perfect time of the day for me (Sunday 9:00am) and the sim worked without a hitch for the whole time. I was impressed with how good LeMans looks, especially at night. I thought everyone that I encountered showed good racecraft, especially patience in a few tight spots, and I really enjoyed the race. Having done many endurance races (6-24 hours) on iRacing, the length of the race was not a problem. Only "problem" is that I'm slow in these GTE cars :) Looking forward to the next special event!

bofu

Troyan Donut Automotive
I was about to start my lap but I got toe punted from behind, I'm new to it all , I didn't meant to ruin your lap, I completely forgot I was racing with real people. I guess I just panicked and rushed not thinking. Again I'm sorry. I'm just going to race offline as I dont enjoy it online, too much pressure, I just don't enjoy it. Take care

If you are talking about incident in qualy at Ford chicanes, I think that was me starting all this, I touched you gently from behind in the middle of chicane but it was unfortunately still enough that we both spun. I again apologize for that, totally my fault. I was in my fastest Q lap, braked really late and misjudge your speed and corner approach. At the end, all this happened during qualy so really not that big of an issue, while there was still race in front. And most importantly "fun club race".

I had a great race, was fighting Pauli together with my teammate Gasper at the beginning - we wanted to draft on the straits but Pauli was simply too fast :) Unfortunately Gasper then had an incident and I stayed alone trying to catch Pauli with no success.

Congrats everyone that stayed till the end and finished, that was not an easy race.

If you are talking about incident in qualy at Ford chicanes, I think that was me starting all this, I touched you gently from behind in the middle of chicane but it was unfortunately still enough that we both spun. I again apologize for that, totally my fault. I was in my fastest Q lap, braked really late and misjudge your speed and corner approach. At the end, all this happened during qualy so really not that big of an issue, while there was still race in front. And most importantly "fun club race".

I had a great race, was fighting Pauli together with my teammate Gasper at the beginning - we wanted to draft on the straits but Pauli was simply too fast :) Unfortunately Gasper then had an incident and I stayed alone trying to catch Pauli with no success.

Congrats everyone that stayed till the end and finished, that was not an easy race.

Nope, wasn’t you and it was in the race, during the warmup lap. I know who it was but it’s fine, finished in the same spot as where I started and really enjoyed it!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 138 27.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 51 10.0%
  • €3001-5000