rF2 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - Sun 24 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Quick question, I have not raced online in rF2 before, should I run the beta for this or not? Any advice on a good HUD solution at the moment? Every mod I found won't work with current builds it seems...

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Sign me up as a reserve in DPI ,please?Thank you!
I have added you to the reserves list. You will be moved up (and notified) if any current participants sign out. I also suggest that you join TeamSpeak before the start of qualifying in case there are any vacant spots. :thumbsup: Or you could ask to see if any drivers currently on the list are willing to share their seat. :)

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Quick question, I have not raced online in rF2 before, should I run the beta for this or not? Any advice on a good HUD solution at the moment? Every mod I found won't work with current builds it seems...
Whether or not you use the beta build, with the new UI, is up to you. :thumbsup:

As for the HUD, I am just using the default, which works fine for me. But if you would like additional information to be displayed while you are driving, or to just use an alternative HUD, then I hear that 'SimHub' is a good option.

Michel vL

Premium
Michel, please let us know if that indeed helps, was hoping to get more training in but that seems unlikely for the coming days so testing is limited. I do have experience with this combo but also suffering a bit with the brakes.

@Fucitol , lowering the tire pressures and lowering the camber worked great.
I feel it's still a bit unpredictable at Mulsanne and Indianapolis, but overall it's fine.

@SOLO59 and @Pauli Ahonen , many thanks for the tips! :thumbsup:.

See you all on Sunday.

@David Jessat Just be aware that since it is an external solution, you need to run the game in borderless window mode to have the overlays working. But I'd say it is worth it, since you can get all the things that no longer work in rF2 this way, and more.

@David Jessat Just be aware that since it is an external solution, you need to run the game in borderless window mode to have the overlays working. But I'd say it is worth it, since you can get all the things that no longer work in rF2 this way, and more.

...which was exactly what I was looking for, thank you again for the hint. Getting it working turned out to be very easy and the borderless window has not negatively affected performance (due to G-Sync I guess). A very fine addition I might use in other sims as well ;)

@Fucitol , lowering the tire pressures and lowering the camber worked great.
I feel it's still a bit unpredictable at Mulsanne and Indianapolis, but overall it's fine.

@SOLO59 and @Pauli Ahonen , many thanks for the tips! :thumbsup:.

See you all on Sunday.

Good to hear!! I’ll try that out in a bit.

General rf2 question; is there a proper ‘relative’ box available such as in iRacing that also works well for multiclass racing? I run in VR with a custom hud, but I can’t see car classes of cars around me

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • €3001-5000