1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC

Cars 1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC 0.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@ACFAN ( I hope I have the right person)
as far as onborad soung goes, is it possible that at speed, the transmission whine changes to amlost that screaming that happes around 1:12 ? that woudl be really amazing :)
not sure if possible though
Hi yes indeed you have the right person :). It is entirely possible but for the sake of our ears and those who download the car while not knowing about its loud transmission, I think we’ll keep it as it is. You’re more than welcome to use the audio app in AC to make it as loud as you want though :)

sounds like each gear has a slightly different tone to it, not sure if FMOD/ AC have this kind of options
It does have a different tone yes. It is entirely possible in fmod but unfortunately not supported by AC.

sounds are fine and after all if you do it as it sound on X video someone will appear with a Y video saying it's louder here or more quiet so we all know how this modding community is.
you could always have a 2nd sound pack with more whine or whatever and for those who what more gear box whining they can use that sound bank.
as an option

When I saw the mod for the first time there was something just a little off about the front end but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It turns out the front grille is wrong in a few distinct ways that just throws the car off - like a person who had a broken nose at some point and the nose remains slightly crooked but you cannot put your finger on it ;-)

- the vertical slats should be parallel (left and right side, all are exactly vertical, not angled to each other)
- the chromed trim should be equal width all around
- the shape of the two grills is unfortunately quite wrong (vertical trim in the center should be very parallel (left and right grill to each other) and the overall shape should be a little less parallelogram shaped but a little more "rounded corner rectangle shaped than it currently is)

The quite complex surrounding area around the grille is close enough and believable - just the grille just makes it look off (this is NOT an easy car to model, quite deceiving as it looks so very square and angular but has in fact so many intricate detailed curves and creases).

It is an amazing effort and I am looking forward to it being perfected just as the Primera has become a benchmark of its kind.

Here is a good sample to see the geometric differences of the grill:

30624898207_bb3b52acfb_k.jpg

There seems to be a small issue probably with residue polygons somewhere remaining in the 3D model - this results in the car being placed off center when generating new preview files.

The car is placed too high (so the residue is likely below the car.

Hi yes indeed you have the right person :). It is entirely possible but for the sake of our ears and those who download the car while not knowing about its loud transmission, I think we’ll keep it as it is. You’re more than welcome to use the audio app in AC to make it as loud as you want though :)

It does have a different tone yes. It is entirely possible in fmod but unfortunately not supported by AC.
Cool, yeah I was more after the tone, then volume :) sad that ac doesn't support it , thank you sir !

There seems to be a small issue probably with residue polygons somewhere remaining in the 3D model - this results in the car being placed off center when generating new preview files.

The car is placed too high (so the residue is likely below the car.
This should be fixed with latest file, please redownload

When I saw the mod for the first time there was something just a little off about the front end but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It turns out the front grille is wrong in a few distinct ways that just throws the car off - like a person who had a broken nose at some point and the nose remains slightly crooked but you cannot put your finger on it ;-)

- the vertical slats should be parallel (left and right side, all are exactly vertical, not angled to each other)
- the chromed trim should be equal width all around
- the shape of the two grills is unfortunately quite wrong (vertical trim in the center should be very parallel (left and right grill to each other) and the overall shape should be a little less parallelogram shaped but a little more "rounded corner rectangle shaped than it currently is)

The quite complex surrounding area around the grille is close enough and believable - just the grille just makes it look off (this is NOT an easy car to model, quite deceiving as it looks so very square and angular but has in fact so many intricate detailed curves and creases).

It is an amazing effort and I am looking forward to it being perfected just as the Primera has become a benchmark of its kind.

Here is a good sample to see the geometric differences of the grill:

30624898207_bb3b52acfb_k.jpg

Haha, front grille area is something where I spend almost as much time as on the rest of the car. Really tricky to get it right , each time I thought I nailed it, different angle photo made it look wrong again

I will definitely try update it some more

This should be fixed with latest file, please redownload

Haha, front grille area is something where I spend almost as much time as on the rest of the car. Really tricky to get it right , each time I thought I nailed it, different angle photo made it look wrong again

I will definitely try update it some more
Confirmed, v0.5.1 solves the small poly left over completely - no no more offset in preview creating to deal with ;-)
Thanks for the quick fix!

The front end on the E46 is so complex - you have chosen quite a challenge ;-)

Wow, what a great car. Get in, drive away, feel good. One of the best cars in AC.

I've never had so much fun in AC as I had with this one.

You get instant contact with the car, and you can go right to the limit. I like the sound too. I hope the physics stay that way.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming updates, windscreen wipers and interior.

Wow, what a great car. Get in, drive away, feel good. One of the best cars in AC.

I've never had so much fun in AC as I had with this one.

You get instant contact with the car, and you can go right to the limit. I like the sound too. I hope the physics stay that way.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming updates, windscreen wipers and interior.

Exactly, but I'm a bit scared to go flat out in this one.
No rollcage.
:roflmao:

This car feels so good, so mechanical. Thanks Patrik.& Guiseppe and all who made this car possible.:thumbsup:

Patrik Marek
Abbo90
Ben Lee
ACFan
PaulNLC
Madish
Iain Chandler

(Abbo90 is Guiseppe?)

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
sounds are fine and after all if you do it as it sound on X video someone will appear with a Y video saying it's louder here or more quiet so we all know how this modding community is.
you could always have a 2nd sound pack with more whine or whatever and for those who what more gear box whining they can use that sound bank.
as an option

Agreed. The real car is louder, but this sounds superb. Also, in reality if you run a louder whine/scream you’re quite likely to damage your ears:roflmao:

Just a point on the AI with this car, not sure if this is something that can be tweaked as the car is further developed or whether it’s down to the sim itself, but when driving a BMW against BMW and Nissan AI, with aggression and skill maxed to 100%, the BMW cars were very very easy to pass. You can have a really poor exit from a corner and still catch and pass them on the straight. I’ll have to try out more circuits as so far only had time to do Silverstone GP.

Obviously I realise this is a very early release and out the box everything is superb. This is only intended as feedback and not a criticism!:thumbsup:

The physics went through many revisions, so much so I think Giuseppe could have punched me if his arm was long enough to reach from Italy to the UK.

The car went through many iterations one where the inside tyre would bounce causing the FFB to strangely spike, one where the car would instant spin in the middle of a corner, but it’s all part of the journey and finding things that do and don’t work.

The physics went through many revisions, so much so I think Giuseppe could have punched me if his arm was long enough to reach from Italy to the UK.

The car went through many iterations one where the inside tyre would bounce causing the FFB to strangely spike, one where the car would instant spin in the middle of a corner, but it’s all part of the journey and finding things that do and don’t work.
Which is also one of the reasons we wanted to give this early release , to get as much feedback from Primera and BMW, that will go into Audi

So that we have FWD, RWD and AWD drivetrains , and from there it should be bit easier to develop rest of the cars

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back