1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC

Cars 1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC 0.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Enjoyed the car a lot but I found the opponent volume (same car AI race) was very loud from cockpit view. Granted it could be my sound settings but I don't have this issue with other cars.

Last edited:
Haha, front grille area is something where I spend almost as much time as on the rest of the car. Really tricky to get it right , each time I thought I nailed it, different angle photo made it look wrong again

I will definitely try update it some more

Didn't you noticed that there is 2 different front grill?

There is a rounded and an angular The rounded grills are on the cars which is build from 1996.
(Check on supertouringregister!)

Here are some samples:
New: round1076.jpg Old: square1.jpg square2193 (2).jpg

And you can see it in road cars:
(yes, it is not a 4 door, it is M3 coupe and cabrio, but it doesn't mean. I think it is some kind of facelift.)
bmw_m3_coupe_3.0_6_03f601f10c7c0986.jpg bmw_m3_cabrio_39.jpg

So I think your car's nose is not wrong. Dirk Steffen uploaded a picture from an older car. (You made the 1998 version...)

there's also another issue, these car crashed a lot, so when teams were reparing parts, they took whatever they had, so I think it's all over the place

but yes absolutely, there was some kind of facelift for sure
the one that I like the most is this one, and that's what I'm trying to match to

we are indeed making '98 version, the most modern
and yeah, I think we are close

bmw_m3_cabrio_39-jpg.367322

vs

__custom_showroom_1588102282.jpg

Any better suggestions?
as Kyuubeey said, I wouldn't question physics or anything without any documentation that says a different thing for that same car and category. maybe STW used 300 degrees? maybe for hill climb they use 450, who knows. theres documentation for everything and you would have to do the research to prove they have wrong data.

plus they've shader already lots of documentation here so they did some researchh, this is not the ordinary facebook mod

1588168432881.png

even that alone makes no sense directly since it depends on the whole suspension geometry

Last edited:
Just the rack ratio will not tell you much because it depends on the knuckle and rack geometry ie: rack travel. It's usually pretty hard to find a documented value for rack travel in racecars. I imagine they put steering stops into the racks on purpose to limit it so it doesn't rub the fenders and cause damage if the car spins for example.

absolutelly, feel free to follow our 'work in progress' thread, which can answer many questions

we tried to make our mods realistic, which sometimes mean adding things we don't like, such as small steering lock. It's considerably small turning circle then Primera, but that's what the car had

@Leonardo Ratafiá brings up a good point though, that hillclimb versions of this car might have been modified , and perhaps we could do a hillclimb version too, don't know

@Ben Lee can give you an answer where does the number come from

yes, the balance is bit more towards surrounding car, when compared to kunos cars
what needs to change imo is make the engine inside louder, rather then tweaking the AI cars, which could also mean increasing volume of the transmission even more

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.