1982 Ligier JS8

Cars 1982 Ligier JS8 0.91

garyjpaterson

3000RPM
Premium
Apr 12, 2016
garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

1982 Ligier JS8 - The finest product of the well-known French motorsports company, Ligier.

When I saw this, I knew it had to be done. There was no doubting it; this car had to be in AC:

So here we are. I didn't spend much time on this, not aiming for perfection by any stretch. But its reasonably decent, few bits missing that I don't really care about (dirt/damage etc).
Has most of the good stuff, full set of LODs, full suspension and driver animations, reasonable care taken to...
Read more about this resource...

garyjpaterson

3000RPM
Premium
Apr 12, 2016
Also just realised - there is now a better success rate of having a modder make something for you... simply by having the car as your profile pic.

Think we need to reconsider the whole concept of a wishlist thread, which has a hit rate of... zero, and everyone change their PFP to the car they wish for :roflmao:

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
Aug 2, 2015
So if I set a strong wind in AC, will the car get blown away? :)

Stereo

3000RPM
Dec 22, 2009
Think we need to reconsider the whole concept of a wishlist thread, which has a hit rate of... zero, and everyone change their PFP to the car they wish for :roflmao:
On the other hand then 20% of the community will have a 2019 F1 car at a time...

Nick Gregory

Forever a backmarker
Premium
Nov 27, 2015
Also just realised - there is now a better success rate of having a modder make something for you... simply by having the car as your profile pic.

Well Gary, don't have I have a car for you!

Ghoults

1000RPM
Mar 30, 2009
It has enough downforce to take the hairpin without lifting in spa. Plus it sounds like an airplane.

Ghoults

1000RPM
Mar 30, 2009

You have started a trend.

Monol

75RPM
Jan 4, 2018

It begins.

garyjpaterson

3000RPM
Premium
Apr 12, 2016
Just remember guys - even just making one car from based on a profile pic is enough to have a clear statistical advantage over posting in a ~1500 post long wishlist thread, of wish no one has ever used to decide their next car project.

AccAkut

2000RPM
Premium
Mar 21, 2015
Some say only my profile pictures are applicable...
But maybe it's because it's literally a box on wheels. I doubt if you'd put up the new Zenvo or whatever bashed up Goodwood first time last week, it would get done as fast :D