1982 Ligier JS8

Cars 1982 Ligier JS8 0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
So I tried the "Stage 1" version, and set it to automatic transmission as, suggested. It's damaging the engine on every upshift. Have tried with autoblip on and off. It doesn't seem to be doing _much_ damage, but it's a bit weird to have the damage indicator routinely crying to me that I'm about to blow the thing up.

So I tried the "Stage 1" version, and set it to automatic transmission as, suggested. It's damaging the engine on every upshift. Have tried with autoblip on and off. It doesn't seem to be doing _much_ damage, but it's a bit weird to have the damage indicator routinely crying to me that I'm about to blow the thing up.
Sorry, the auto gearbox thing is suggested for the stock model only. The stage one is a motorcycle engine/gearbox, so sequential but you’ll want to use clutch and lift/blip.

That is why the auto gearbox reminder appears in the description and momentarily ingame for the stock model only, not the S1.

I hope i can help with this.

You can "make" a cvt by leaving only one gear, in this case the longer one and adjusting the MAX_TORQUE value to make the clutch slip at a certain rpm, and so the car keeps gaining speed but the rpms remain constant.
Thanks! I think @Stereo suggested this to me a while back but I was too much of an idiot to understand what he meant. Just tried it now, seems to work a treat, so I guess update incoming... (sorry, I hate mod updates lol).

Last edited:
garyjpaterson updated 1982 Ligier JS8 with a new update entry:

Better CVT emulation - Now single speed!

Ligier JS8 vV0.91 Changelog:
  • Better approximation of CVT transmission (seeing some issues with AI race starts, can't really avoid AFAIK) - thanks to @TheSosunser and @Stereo for the tip!
  • S1 now parented properly
  • Renamed tyre compound
No longer is it recommended to use Auto Gears. Now you simply shift up to first gear to go, and that's it!
AI seem to struggle even more on getaways - not much I can do with that as far as I'm aware....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great fun. :thumbsup:
One thing I noticed: when racing in a pack the cars further than 2-3 cars in front are missing their pilots. If you gain on them they suddenly appear. Have not look behind yet. Something to do with LOD's ?
Not a big thing but it is noticeable.

Great fun. :thumbsup:
One thing I noticed: when racing in a pack the cars further than 2-3 cars in front are missing their pilots. If you gain on them they suddenly appear. Have not look behind yet. Something to do with LOD's ?
Not a big thing but it is noticeable.
Just checked and glass transparency for LODs is correct (my first thought as that they were not), so it rules that out. And the lods.ini doesn't have any driver model changes, so nothing to do with that.

And on my screen the driver is fine in the LODs, which leaves me to think there is a CSP setting at play here?
unknown.png

Edit* just noticed the actual LR cockpit is missing, so there is a problem (just not the driver!). Let me take a look and see what the issue is.
Seems to only be for the LOD B, on the C its fine. Strange because in Kse its fine.

Edit 2*

Ok so this is strange. In-game my LODs are fine, as seen here:
unknown.png

But using the F8 screenshot, I see the LR Cockpit disappear. I assume this is a CSP setting that is causing this behaviour.

Edit 3*

And sure enough, disabling CSP 'Nice Screenshots' fixes this... Not sure what about hiding the LR cockpit is nice lol.

And its not just the Ligier, its just more noticeable because of how visible the interior is from the outside. You can see on Kunos cars 'Nice Screenshots' removes the cockpit from the LOD B.

unknown.png

Last edited:
I have the same settings (only Multiplier for car LOD's at 200 (it helped in a case where all distant car skins were grey). Setting to 100 did not help either.
I then disabled CSP (and all apps) and then all drivers were visible (but the game looked 'crappy') :D

You will be pleased to hear that a flying lap around the 20.8km Nordschleife layout in the 7.5hp version took me 22m01s. On stock setup ;)

A few impressions:
The track's high point was the car's low point - I went up the Hohe Acht at 15km/h.
The Döttinger Höhe from the gantry to the bridge at the Antoniusbuche took almost exactly 2 minutes.
You can go full throttle all the time, you don't even need to lift through Wehrseifen.

Would you dare do the same thing with LA Canyons ?
I attempted this with the default fuel level, ran out of gas just about 2-3km from the start/finish line, and I knew there wasn't enough halfway though the course, made an attempt to hypermile the rest of the way only to run out eventually, and STILL tried to coast the rest of the way on empty but the road eventually flattened out. Took an hour or so too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%