Cars 1970 Mustang

Odd one out, 1964 Pontiac Tempest. It only ran that year and was relatively competitive (fast enough laps to win races, just broke down) the car still exists, it's somewhere near Laguna Seca.

That year also introduced the 2.5L datsun 510s which are super cool.
Being a Pontiac guy I am onboard with that plan! What engine did it run the 303?

Speedhunters says it's a larger displacement engine with the stroke reduced to make it 5L. but I don't know.
http://speedhunters-wp-production.s.../uploads/2016/08/22145054/GTO-03-1200x800.jpg
That's what the 303 was. All Pontiac V8s are the same external size from 287 to 455. The 303 was a destroked 400 (4.120" bore) if I remember correctly. Wasn't the greatest engine as the Pontiac V8 design with its long intake runners wasn't great for higher revs that the 303 needed. They make amazing torque which is why they were so great on the street. The early 421 super duties did dominate NASCAR for a few years before the HEMI came out.

Anyway sorry for the OT. Back to Ford land.

qsjABGe.png

A little help to bring back to Ford talk

found the american :D

*Canadian. ;)

It's funny to see how different things are in Europe vs North America when it comes to driving. I don't think twice about driving 3-4 hours somewhere, and I pretty much never drive anywhere less than 5 kms away. The GTI I just sold had 42000kms on it. I bought it brand new in May 2016. I did drive it across the country right before I got rid of it, though - that's about 5500km itself.

But, yes, Ford. Right. Pretty. :whistling: :D

I am just imagining cresting l'Eau Rouge in one of these beauties. Tires flexing, front end lifting, chassis dynamics that would be shamed by any 10-year old pickup truck... It's going to be glorious. :)

qsjABGe.png

A little help to bring back to Ford talk

Love the added hood scoop :) you'll need to tweak the headlight gradient alpha a bit so it won't look so dark, or maybe it's CM that shows it like that, I remember it was looking good in game.

Speaking of T/A's, this reminded me of a project I've had long time ago, 2002 to be precise:

Screenshot_1.jpg

This low poly goodness has 7500 triangles, so it's far from usable for AC of course (maybe LOD_C?), but who knows, if T/A's are going to be a thing now, might give it a shot at a new model one day.

No rips here, though not sure if gold
VczJoCF.png

I don't think I will move straight away into the cockpit, I will get the LODs and such done using the standard street car interior in the meantime. It is the testing car to see if the physics are able to be done well enough :p

Last edited:
Really great to see this taking shape. Have you made colliders for it already? Always tricky for me because of those weird export quirks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back