Cars 1970 Mustang

Well got the tire problem quickly fixed, the nice f60-15's will be saved for later ;)
wiRINaW.png

A few more edits will be required on the texture, but a step in right direction.

:cautious::unsure::whistling:
Though in all honesty I really don't know, I currently have 3 other projects started besides this one, plus the restoration of my own personal car. Is it possible, yes, but there are no plans currently. I have looked into it, but the required reference information for them is hard to locate. Especially since those cars were not in any way stock, from the acid dipped bodies, to the completely changed suspension(which I cannot find information on what and how, just that it was modified), and the vastly modified engines with only max hp figures or estimates. If someone could provide the necessary information to actually make the Trans Am cars I would in a heartbeat start work on them, just might take awhile :p So the street variants will have to do for now :)

:cautious::unsure::whistling:
Though in all honesty I really don't know, I currently have 3 other projects started besides this one, plus the restoration of my own personal car. Is it possible, yes, but there are no plans currently. I have looked into it, but the required reference information for them is hard to locate. Especially since those cars were not in any way stock, from the acid dipped bodies, to the completely changed suspension(which I cannot find information on what and how, just that it was modified), and the vastly modified engines with only max hp figures or estimates. If someone could provide the necessary information to actually make the Trans Am cars I would in a heartbeat start work on them, just might take awhile :p So the street variants will have to do for now :)
Not a problem I understand. I just had to ask because I have two tracks that fit that sort of car perfectly. A proper 1970 SCCA carset and and late 80s stock car are two pipe dreams of mine.

In any case the street version looks great and will be a very welcome addition!

I just had to ask because I have two tracks that fit that sort of car perfectly.
Your tracks are easily on my favorite lists with many future hours ahead. I am eager to get my hands on Watkins Glen and Laguna Seca to drive these old warriors there, even though I am not making any actual race variants it will still be wonderful to thunder around in these old iron beasts. And I am already enjoying them around Bridgehampton, such a joy to kick up the dust around there with the large displacement Stangs.
A proper 1970 SCCA carset
A man can hope, in the mean time I will continue working on the street variants ;)

If someone could provide the necessary information to actually make the Trans Am cars I would in a heartbeat start work on them, just might take awhile :p

I was sitting in a TA Mustang back in July at the Portland Historic Races... all you have to do is wander in and ask the right people. Best bet for getting them to talk is to go in the day the event opens rather than one of the race days when the drivers & crew are more preoccupied (and before the possible damage happens).

I was sitting in a TA Mustang back in July at the Portland Historic Races... all you have to do is wander in and ask the right people. Best bet for getting them to talk is to go in the day the event opens rather than one of the race days when the drivers & crew are more preoccupied (and before the possible damage happens).

Portland has a historic event? It's only about 6 hours (including a ferry ride) away from me... I'll have to keep that in mind...

I drive 1800 miles per year - anything further away than the corner shop necessitates the packing of a sleeping bag, atlas, flask of coffee, snow chains, blanket, GPS... :D

^ Anything less than 10 hours is a day trip. :D
ol 100 miles / 100 years. I've just come back from a phamarcy that is situated in a building dating to 1504. Not really that old, some of those around it are older. But driving 4 hours to Hamburg is seriously long trip already :coffee:

A proper 1970 SCCA carset and and late 80s stock car are two pipe dreams of mine.

In any case the street version looks great and will be a very welcome addition!
After the formula ford I'm hoping to do a 1971 SCCA TA car. Just yeah... have been occupied with projects other than the ff this last few months.

My only issue with 1971 TA is a lot of the cars got ugly for that year, I really do not like the low slope high rear end cars from 71-72.... Out of curiosity, what car were you thinking?

Oh, and I drive 18000 miles a year....

I just looked at the calendar, http://www.historictransam.com/schedule.html, I would probably be able to make the Road America race as it is only 2 hours away from me. I will have to keep that in mind.

My only issue with 1971 TA is a lot of the cars got ugly for that year, I really do not like the low slope high rear end cars from 71-72.... Out of curiosity, what car were you thinking?
Odd one out, 1964 Pontiac Tempest. It only ran that year and was relatively competitive (fast enough laps to win races, just broke down) the car still exists, it's somewhere near Laguna Seca.

That year also introduced the 2.5L datsun 510s which are super cool.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%