1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars 1970 Mustang

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Joshua Widder, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    For the trans am, no, the other has a base one applied to it which is actually decent so other things have priority over that at the moment. But the colliders will be made in 3ds to hopefully have more compatibility

2. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    Little bit of progress on both fronts
    [​IMG]
    Flames added
    [​IMG]
    Current progress of the TA exterior, don't mind the rims, haven't gotten the texture made yet for them.

• Love Love x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  3. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +345
    HHnnnngg..... :inlove:

4. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,153
    Proper job going on here, great to see!

5. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +454
    There seems to have been many Trans Am front spoiler arrangements, but I think you've got it lower than they could legally run with. Front edge should never be lower than the bottom of the wheel rim.
    [​IMG]

Note this one is clear plastic!
    [​IMG]

6. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    [​IMG]
    nope. (Rough, but still makes point)That is not even accounting for perspective(minimal)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes they used many different front wings on the car for many a number tracks, but I have chosen to model the larger one for people who like to skin to put decals on it.
    Why this particular style? Well the ones that have what look like vents are not clear if there is ducting and I have not yet seen a accurate representation of this style yet with enough visual clarity to actually model it with the ambiguity of both the vents and mounting system to the chassis. Also see last answer.
    My direct references where the authentic recreations by Bud Moore front wing as seen here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this one is almost perfectly in line with the tire.

• Like Like x 4
  7. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,249
    I may have to take a break from track building at some point and try my hand at something like this to give the Mustang some competition ;)

11689_dea898966a_low_res.jpg

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    As long as there is a good skin for Jerry Titus's firebird as a tribute. Also use the spec from mid season not from first few races as half of the parts were not homologated leaving it 2-3 seconds slower than the others

9. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,249
    For sure would have to be a Jerry Titus version. I just happened to see that browsing the web.

10. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    Let me know if you are interested in doing it, I found some great reference data on the cars through some newspaper and magazine articles. Also let me fix that now
    :whistling:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    First test of the 30 min hacked physics based off the street car for the trans am version and first try at moving media

and a shot from exterior of the trans am varient
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    Beautiful modelling. But that front wing looks lethal. What happened to the car if it went off-track? Surely, the wing would dig in... :O_o:

13. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,366
    ...and probably just break off. I doubt it's sturdy enough to cause problems for that (large, steel) car.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +138
    "friction braking" :D

15. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    Yeah, this wing was used at riverside, and yes bent or even half wings were very common. I believe either a fire bird or camaro went half a race with only half the front wing left on the car.\
    edit: photos
    [​IMG]
    Sam Posey's wing bent up in center probably from a curb or off road excursion of St. Jovite
    [​IMG]
    Parnelli Jones's definitely had an excursion off track
    [​IMG]
    And the Camaro with the left half removed(bottom)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Willy Wale

Willy Wale

Ratings:
    +27
    "Jerry was a racecar driver.
    He drove so g@#$×&£ fast..."

Different Jerry I know

• Like Like x 2
  17. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +1,265

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Joshua Widder

Joshua Widder

Ratings:
    +247
    Progress still underway, mainly physics adjustments, may be getting close to needing some beta testers for the street machines. In the meantime front spoiler updated with the vents that are for brake cooling due to the original brake ducts through the headlights being banned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also got around to disabling the side windows as while they were required with the ability to roll them up or down via the rules most cars ran with them open for the race for driver comfort and possibly a regulation.

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DutchDevil79

DutchDevil79
    Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    Awesome work. Time that we have a classic mussle car in AC. Looks amazing.

I do know somebody who did a lot of research into the Trans AM physics. He did a lot of physics work in rFactor and also AC. So if you want some help in that department I can ask him.

20. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,647
    @the_meco was planning on creating a similar car before he became a Kunos slave that isn't allowed to even sleep. He might have some physics info already researched also.