“Nobody Wants Your Opinion”

I think you misunderstood what I tried to say (English is not my native language), but if someone has another opionion than me, then that is no reason for me to put someone on my ignore list. I like a good discussion and agree with you on that. But some people keep on repeating the same message over and over again, in almost every new thread about the subject. That are also most of the time the people thay use the disagree button on every post they don’t like. E.g. in one of the driving sim developer of the year thread there was a person who used the disagree button on almost every post that said something positive about rF2. Or on ‘Driver of the day threads for F1’... why would you disagree if someone says “in my opinion that was Vettel”. I never use disagree in threads like that, because that it someones personal view. Why not just post a message why you think another driver was the best one according to you, and have a good, respectful and civil discussion with others?

They should get rid of the disagree button. It kills the discussion. It seems there are people feeding on clicking disagree if you say anything positive about the sim they see as a "threat" to their preferred sim. The worst are the followers of one specific sim. They are pretty toxic really. I will not mention what sim I'm talking about but if you've been around for a while chances are you know what sim I have in mind.
Disagree all you want, but have the courtesy to add something to the discussion, maybe we can all learn something.
If you want to have nice and civil discussion AMS forum is probably the most polite and considerate, IMO.

They should get rid of the disagree button. It kills the discussion. It seems there are people feeding on clicking disagree if you say anything positive about the sim they see as a "threat" to their preferred sim.

I think that the each of the emoticons should have the opposite available... there is agree and disagree (which is fine). However there should be love/hate... laugh/frown... like/dislike... beer and... well beer is beer.

What could take the power out of the emoticons (but still give people a quick way to rate a posting) is not to score them in each users profile, to track this statistic seems pointless I think.

Cheers

On the subject of beer, although this is a race site, maybe the post reply button should be replaced by a motion tracking mini game that is easy when sober but impossible when drunk. That might stop some of the nonsense too.

Feeling a lil dejected reading this article lol. Not because you're wrong, in fact you're so very right. But I do write articles for a wrestling news site, and if I wrote something "off-topic" like this, no matter how good it was .. I'd be ripped apart. I guess there's an expectation for an article writer to work on subjects related to its audience. Going away from that is a brave move, and you seem to have gotten away with it.

If this site had any level of toxicity the trolls would've had a field day with this. It goes to show that the majority of people who visit this site are upstanding adults who can appreciate something other than the subject they came to read about. The responses to the article tells me more than the article itself. It's sweet to know people here can discuss a topic like this without it devolving to arguments and trolling. I'm so used to dealing with entitled wrestling fans who want everything "now now now". They don't know how to argue like adults. They bicker like children and I have to come hold someone's hand as they can't handle it. There's a lot of "banter", which to some seems like innocent joking, but to others it comes across as taking the piss without blatantly doing so.

Hope you don't see this is as a troll post in itself, I'm just trying to absorb the fact that you can write off-topic articles and get away with it on the internet. I tried it in the past and it had some disastrous results. Perhaps it's more about the audience, whether they're willing to accept that kind of thing. Thanks to everyone here for showing you're adults who know how to deal with other adults. Cheers!

Nope...wont do as you expect peeps to behave like you...and that is the whole issue
You're right, some don't behave civilly, but that was all of us at some point. Talking about it, educating people, lending wisdom, and pointing out its advantages will help the situation in the long run. But we must practice what we preach.

They should get rid of the disagree button. It kills the discussion. It seems there are people feeding on clicking disagree if you say anything positive about the sim they see as a "threat" to their preferred sim. The worst are the followers of one specific sim. They are pretty toxic really. I will not mention what sim I'm talking about but if you've been around for a while chances are you know what sim I have in mind.
Disagree all you want, but have the courtesy to add something to the discussion, maybe we can all learn something.
If you want to have nice and civil discussion AMS forum is probably the most polite and considerate, IMO.
The disagree button actually help a lot what to expect. Something you may write something borderline troll you might not be aware & that's when you know when to stop contributing to the topic.

Here a good example: Esport Racing is boring. Please showcase drifting as official esport.

9325080020.jpg

:D

Basic politeness is a dying art it seems, sad to see. No wonder most forums descend into toxicity on many subjects.

Here's a hint, it's often not your opinion that offends, but the manner in which you convey that opinion. Something that Leon was trying to highlight in the op and something that has passed completely over the heads of a lot of people!

I'm certain that this is the double edged sword that many (but not all I hasten to add, and some born before) "millennials" carry. They have the tact of a diseased baboon, but take offense to almost anything that they disagree with!!

Usually stupid people are obvious. I never brand someone stupid if he/she has a different opinion from me, like in morality, politics or on other topics. But if they don't accept the facts then there is a problem. (For example flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, conspiracy believers are usually either stupid or dishonest.)
That doesn't make sense and is a blanket-statement on your part while severely over-generalizing things. How could a "conspiracy believer," as you put it, usually either be stupid or dishonest? Most people search for the truth because they are against dishonesty, corruption, cover-ups, etc. And most are the opposite of dumb but usually quite sharp, articulate, and analytical.

BTW, "conspiracy" just means there is more than 1 person involved. To say someone who believes in conspiracies is stupid or dishonest is like saying that someone who believes human beings lie must be stupid or dishonest...Only a person who is stupid or dishonest themselves could actually believe such a statement in the first place.

There are even laws specifically to charge people and put in prison for committing a conspiracy. Haven't you ever heard of people charged for "conspiring?" Saying there are no such thing as conspiracies is like saying there are no such things as humans lying; it's so far beyond ridiculous and ignorant.

Last edited:
Project Cars posts get a bit gnarly sometimes when a certain individual shows up.
All just good natured banter generally though, even though some tend to get their asses in a sling about it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back