“Nobody Wants Your Opinion”

Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza :p

On a serious, I agree with the article. I have seen a few here who believe they are actually real race drivers. I have encountered a few online. They are big and tough in here and are smarter than you on any topic (in their own mind). But realistically, these people are complete nobodies. They don't have any power or control at home so they seek it in here.

Just say what you're going to say, so long as you're not being abusive with vulgarities or threatening.

Your opinion is just about all you have left in this world that is actually yours, and I'll be damned if I'm going to walk on eggshells because you don't agree with me.

Edit: I also add that I don't mind if I'm wrong and someone with more knowledge comes forward to let me know, because it means I've learned something.
That saves some time. Thanks Jason.:)

Btw only stupidity can trigger me, no insults has the power on me
That's funny. Been accused of that before, till after prolonged discussion it was the accuser who was wrong. Be careful who you brand stupid, It may turn out to be you!

Most issues arise from a miss read line/s in a paragraph. Most people don't read fully, they just skim read. Often misunderstanding whats written then putting their own take on it.

Language differences can cause misunderstanding. Google translate is far from perfect.

Notice I've broken this up into paragraph's? Most people don't so what is written follows on to the next comment that often is misinterpreted as a continuation of the previous when in fact it's not.

I find people read one line out of a complete post regardless off the content they may not agree with and go out to prove something on it. Often though, taking that sentence out off the paragraph takes it out off context as well making it sound bad when "in context" it was fine. Read posts properly, twice if need be.

Only thing anyone can do is try to write clear understandable comments. Your going to get those who misread it regardless of how well it's written. Just don't react off hand.

Like Jason, I have no issue with being corrected if I get it wrong. The thing is in the "way" you go about doing it that makes all the difference.

Sim racing elitism, whatever have years of history. Inserting setting, win easy & weird input. The technique differ from real life & the virtual car behavior is quite different, if you start to rip apart every onboard video with all the telemetry. There are some sim racing videogame physic with driving inputs that is borderline unintuitive. It's about acceptance, because the normal on planet earth will remain clueless forever & won't quite get what's appealing in this niche genre if truth is never unveiled.

Even though sim racing get more & more realistic, they're still videogames. It's like those assist warrior... They've been playing the same sim racing games(or one track, one car) for over 5000 hours. Yeah it should be time to turn off your assist, paddles shifter & accept you are simply not progressing.

People usually don't want to post this fact. I'm getting trolled for being blunt.

Edit: "please don't ban me for being blunt"

Last edited:
I just wish there was objectivity rather than subjectivity on forums. But sadly that's human nature and combined with the anonymity of the net, plus no chance of getting involved in physical violence (if the net was a pub or bar there would be so many fights!!) people run their mouths off. I agree with every thing in the article, a lot of arguments are caused by misunderstandings and misreadings of posts/part of posts. Or someone reading a post in a way it wasn't written. Nuance and voice inflection is such a VITAL part of communication that just is not there on the net.

I like a good argument like the best of them, what I hate is working within the rules of a forum when I want to drop a nuke on someone's head, then frustration kicks in. SO hard to be polite when the other person is being a dick.

I also dislike Strawman arguments and Hyperbole. sometimes I feel 90% of every internet argument is made up of those two things!

I am for laissez faire, not because it is right, but because control is a slippery slope.
Maybe I am just hypersensitive, but this reeks a little like a message of self censorship - very much prevalent in today’s society.

Nobody leads, everybody follows.
Sure...

Other than that, interesting POV and as always thanks for the great site!
(Just bought a Rift because of you guys, not disappointed - well still struggling with Dirt Rally, but AC and PC2 are amazing).

Pretty good article.
Lately more and more scientific surveys are reporting that the social medias way of isolating people with the same oppinions and interests in the same "echo-chamber" and merely give them more of what they already have destroys people's ability to engage in discussions with people with different oppinions.
The result is that the ability to distinguish between a constructive discussion and a quarrel disappears.
If you are unable to distinguish between this then there is only either passive silence or evil quarraling attack if you meet different oppinions. :rolleyes:

If people are just being trolls and bashing to make others angry something then I think that's fine however sometimes people add others to their ignore list just because they hear comments, arguments, etc. that they don't want to hear even though what they may not want to hear may, in the end, actually be the truth. Then, all that person is doing by ignoring another person who has good/constructive intentions is blocking themselves out from learning and growth because they choose to hide from possible truths which they don't want to confront as being possibly true.
I think you misunderstood what I tried to say (English is not my native language), but if someone has another opionion than me, then that is no reason for me to put someone on my ignore list. I like a good discussion and agree with you on that. But some people keep on repeating the same message over and over again, in almost every new thread about the subject. That are also most of the time the people that use the disagree button on every post they don’t like. E.g. in one of the driving sim developer of the year thread there was a person who used the disagree button on almost every post that said something positive about rF2. Or on ‘Driver of the day threads for F1’... why would you disagree if someone says “in my opinion that was Vettel”. I never use disagree in threads like that, because that it someones personal view. Why not just post a message why you think another driver was the best one according to you, and have a good, respectful and civil discussion with others?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

Many thx for this thread. The very best example when it comes to forum-behavior is the Discord channel „AC shader patch“. Such a friendly and helpfull talk. The reason is Ilja (xfab) he‘s a very polite guy and this shines to all of us. KUNOS and his devs are just the opposite, so I‘m cheeky (I was) at his forum too.

Pretty good article.
Lately more and more scientific surveys are reporting that the social medias way of isolating people with the same oppinions and interests in the same "echo-chamber" and merely give them more of what they already have destroys people's ability to engage in discussions with people with different oppinions.
The result is that the ability to distinguish between a constructive discussion and a quarrel disappears.:rolleyes:

So what is actually new about that?
People always tend to stick with like minded, it suits our tribal nature.

Social media just amplifies, facilitating and accelerating the message.
The analogy again being the flock of birds, no single bird leading, but all birds following.

Of course there are still ways to pull the strings, to lead the flock. That’s what social engineering is all about. Social media “stars” becoming influencers, but also much more nefarious from basic astro turfing to pure psy ops.

Freedom of thought and expression is a very fragile ideal.
It is worth being offended if the alternative means no more freedom of expression.

Being open for dialog has always been a primary challenge, real dialog - not the token kind - is difficult at the best of times.

Last edited:
Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza :p

On a serious, I agree with the article. I have seen a few here who believe they are actually real race drivers. I have encountered a few online. They are big and tough in here and are smarter than you on any topic (in their own mind). But realistically, these people are complete nobodies. They don't have any power or control at home so they seek it in here.

In total fairness the difference between a racing driver and anyone else is
a) do you want to race cars firstly (not everyone does)
b) do you have money or does your Daddy have money

That is really all it takes...MONEY...

If Senna's parents were poor we'd never of seen him on track...food for thought....

That's funny. Been accused of that before, till after prolonged discussion it was the accuser who was wrong. Be careful who you brand stupid, It may turn out to be you!

Usually stupid people are obvious. I never brand someone stupid if he/she has a different opinion from me, like in morality, politics or on other topics. But if they don't accept the facts then there is a problem. (For example flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, conspiracy believers are usually either stupid or dishonest.)

I agree with the sentiment and learning approach in the article between sim racers.

One thing that isn’t addressed is undeclared interests and bias that RD allows posters. There are a number of users masquerading as players when really they are aligned with, work for or are being sponsored or paid to promote certain opinions. They are easy enough to spot once you know who they are but that takes time. They appear in the threads of their game(s) with gushing praise, often the first or first few posts, and attempt to takedown any opposing view. The same person will then appear in the thread of a rival game with an overwhelmingly negative view and attempt to sew discontent.

Just as YouTubers have to declare sponsorship and affiliations so that viewers know the opinion is potentialy biased so posters here should have to clearly declare interests. This should always be the case if the individual is directly employed by one or other developer. This would help stop a number of repeated negative spiralling conversations.

I simply don't understand why if someone loves playing a game they then take so much of their time up slagging off the other games people play...

I had a simple rule once i got my PC....get every racing game available one they are in steam sales....
Use them all...enjoy them all, then the one that has the most hours in it is MY preferred sim... all i really care about is do i like it, its me playing it why should have to get any conformation from random idiots on forums?
It is sad that there are people not playing some sims because the internet said its not as good as X...

A simple critique of a game also should never be labelled 'trolling'..... every game has faults and good parts...

Also RD does fall into the 'clickbait' trap a lot, it gets bums on seats as it were...there is money in it...
We live in a divisive world and the internet is exploiting it....

the max verstappen deliberately wrecking ppl twice in iracing recenty is a perfect example of this, if you say he's in the wrong then you get attacked and insulted by his army of fangirls

a lot of people must be on the train or plane or wherever especially acc forums because they can write and write and write and write and write and write:p

For years I thought that our "italian temperamento" was the one that intossicated the arguing in Italy's web, but recently I was proven wrong, because the friction is cosmopolitan and concerns more about the "internet itself" than the nationality.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back