“Nobody Wants Your Opinion”

And if a friend of mine makes a bad queer joke, I can now start discussing with him why those jokes are uncool and a problem (aand probably not even his real opinion), instead of fake laughing along and secretly thinking "damn, my friend is kind of an asshole" and forever think a little less of him.

Problem there isn't the subject matter but rather that it was a bad joke surely. All jokes (with a few exceptions) take the mickey out of someone or something, if a joke about gays is uncool then ANY joke that takes the mick out of someone or something is equally uncool....but then we'd have no jokes/humour? We'd be German? (soz to Germans, an example of a joke that will get a few to laugh and is not PC) (BTW love Germans and Germany, Germanic ancestry big part of UK).

I can't stand cigarette smoke anymore either. I smelled like that for 10 years!? Yuck. Well, now I smell like fruity flavours and yummy deserts and people still bitch.
I heard about diesels being banned (UK?)...Canada is getting ready to charge everyone a "carbon tax", so we will soon be on bicycles before we know it I guess.. Yet, they won't make any serious move away from fossil fuels because it runs EVERYTHING. Most of that electricity that charges those EV's come from burning natural gas. No?
While the CO2 neutrality of the energy source in EVs depends on country and provider (France for example has 80% atomic energy, Austria has 60% Hydro energy), the diesel bans are usually due to NOx (nitrogen oxide) output, which contributes to bad air quality and is carcinogenic. In truth though, the limits on inner city streets in the EU are ridiculously low (40μg/m³), while in factory buildings, where people might work all day long, the limit is much higher (950μg/m³) without anyone making a fuss about it. By EU law you can sue your city to take measures against this pollution, which basically forces the hands of some cities to ban old diesel cars (which in many cases doesn't even help), but let's not get into that.
About EV cars and CO2 again: The production of the cars' batteries produces a LOT of CO2 and that's why basically all EV cars start their life with a handicap of 40,000 to 60,000 km disadvantage before they start having a positive environmental impact.
And lastly: Congrats to quitting smoking! :thumbsup:

Problem there isn't the subject matter but rather that it was a bad joke surely. All jokes (with a few exceptions) take the mickey out of someone or something, if a joke about gays is uncool then ANY joke that takes the mick out of someone or something is equally uncool....but then we'd have no jokes/humour? We'd be German? (soz to Germans, an example of a joke that will get a few to laugh and is not PC) (BTW love Germans and Germany, Germanic ancestry big part of UK).
Agreed. There are definitely ways to make a joke about cliche attributes of a different culture or a minority. A good pointer is, if you know someone from said minority and you know he'd laugh along without being offended at all, maybe even topping it off by going one better.
Almost all of those jokes are a problem to some degree, no matter how small of a side note, IF presented in a public context that doesn't allow assumptions about the audience, when let's say a football commentator makes such a cliche joke, because it contributes to normalizing such cliche'ed image... at least in my opinion, public personalities and outlets have a responsibility to be professional.

Last edited:
I've found this particular forum to be really good in most respects.
On another forum I was in there are quite a few resident experts, who it seems know all. Every single person that started a thread always seemed to bear there wrath at some point. In most respects these "experts" were very knowledgable, but were constantly putting people down, which to me really wasn't very helpful at all.
I finally asked the owner of the site why this person was allowed to do this.
Eventually after about a year and many threads just suddenly going quiet, the particular person was banned, but it took a long time.
Its funny most people who refer to themselves as experts, I try and stay away from, its the ones that are always trying to help others who would never draw attention to themselves, those are always the ones I respect the most.

We'd be German? (soz to Germans, an example of a joke that will get a few to laugh and is not PC) (BTW love Germans and Germany, Germanic ancestry big part of UK
LOL :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Oh sorry, I shouldn't be allowed to use emojies... :whistling::p
I can tell you though, most Germans, especially in Northern Germany are indeed "buttoned up". You simply don't dare to talk to strangers :rolleyes: they'll kill you with their stare before you open your mouth. Funnily enough if you just go for it, they are 99% nice people and appreciate that you talk to them.
Leads to the classic:
Men: "I just can't approach a woman and just talk to her! They really don't seem to want that!"
Women: "why does nobody approach me? Am I ugly or something?!"

Then you meet a friend in cologne for example, walk into a bar and before you order your second beer you're enjoying the night with a group of 10+ people :D

Omg...gonna cry even harder...:cry::cry:
Here, have another post (tissue) of civility for those tears....

*If this keeps up, we'll have you on a vegan diet, driving a Prius while singing John Lennon's Imagine. You won't care about fast cars or racing simulators soon enough.:x3::coffee:

Last edited:
LMAO. RD is really the best Platform to post this Topic. Where premiumfanboys can be as "polite" as they wan't and the other's get banned if they respond in the same tenor. But then asking for the People to discuss like human beings. LMFAO.

https://pics.me.me/itsamazing-how-p...y-preach-hypocrite-contradiction-16000860.png
Absolutely not true. Saw enough premiums receiving bans. Might be an assumption from the wrong perspective. It's more likely that premiums in general behave a little bit better overall because they once cared enough to pay some money.
So you will see bad posts from a non-premium and also from a premium member but moderators also look into the general behavior before handing out bans. Always look at the whole picture before stating such things.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%