Would You Recommend rfactor 2 ?

Hi Everyone,
I've played Project Cars, too buggy at the moment. Just getting in to RaceRoom, which I really enjoy. But what about rfactor2. I want to race online more, not necessarily leagues but a lot a various classes to get variety in the cars you drive.
Would you recommend rfactor2 as a sim and also the popularity of online racing.

OK, and how do you know Associat0r actually discovered these problems or just copies-and-pastes things from others?

Does it matter? He gets the hate for it.
He collected all the problem with the game with source.
This is how people doing in real life. If you want to prove something you provide evidence.

That's his job, he literally goes around forum after forum, website after website, fighting and defending rFactor 2 and attacking other sims all in the name of RF2. That is no indication, at all, of knowledge.

Yes and many others doing this as prc pointed out in the witch hunt article.
Slowly I know more famous simracing community member than movie and music stars.

Also Does it hurt you if he answer a question or what?

But according to Associat0r, all sims have identical physics besides tyre models since "rigid body dynamics have been a solved problem for decades".

So? proof? Evidence? Source? Something?

He is not pointing/finding out issues with intention so see them fixed. Actually many bugs/issues from the these lists has been fixed long time go. Obviously AC had and still has many issues, however there is a visible progress of improvement.
His actions are more like a (personal?) war against AC. Which is the reason why people hate or find him annoying. In fact these screenshots are just wasting visible web page space and network throughput.
He is literally copy pasting the same out dated list of issues in every forum.
He keeps repeating the same stuff again again thinking repeating will make them true.

And even when he doesn't trash AC, he then copy pastes his ISI PR representative like posts about rFactor 2 features which we all have known/seen hundred times before and have already considered them according to our needs.

Last edited:
Maybe you are right. But I highly doubt he is the one who copy paste that particular image all over the internet.

And even when he doesn't trash AC, he then copy pastes his PR representative like posts about rFactor 2 features which we all have known/seen hundred times before.
Yeah and many doing this with their favourite game.

All I'm saying it's ridicules what this guy get from the community.

Maybe you are right. But I highly doubt he is the one who copy paste that particular image all over the internet.

Yeah and many doing this with their favourite game.

All I'm saying it's ridicules what this guy get from the community.
Maybe he has an army now. Can't tell for sure.

There are many fan boys, however I haven't seen another one (at least in sim racing community) so reluctant and eager to repeat the same again and again.

But according to Associat0r, all sims have identical physics besides tyre models since "rigid body dynamics have been a solved problem for decades".
Nowhere did I state that, but RBD has been a solved problem for decades, so it shouldn't be an issue, especially for the softly sprung low ride frequency road cars you mentioned.
For high ride frequency cars (race cars), that's where Assetto Corsa's physics engine fundamentally falls apart, even when not considering the tires, because of its inaccurate solver.

The complexities and methods of programming real-life physics into a software simulation are astounding. The fact Associat0r has such an uber-simplistic view of what an entire physics engine (not just tyres) invlolves shows how un-educated and completely ignorant Associat0r is on this very subject: physics.
Having written my own Rigid Body Dynamics engine 16 years ago, I'm pretty sure that I'm more qualified on this subject than you will ever be.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Associat0r, why did you rarely ever post in the forums to contribute with anything especially on the simulation side? You love posting everywhere else not accepting anything that isn't praise about the game.

There are a few people asking for help, some to bring mods up to speed, and you do not chime in. Even Navigator did pop up sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, it's
For high ride frequency cars, that's where Assetto Corsa's physics engine fundamentally falls apart, even when not considering the tires.
OK, and there is a / are massive flaw/s in the ISI physics engine going back to the 1990s regarding weight/gravity/momentum and it affects every car, not just "high ride frequency cars":

- it also allows the driver to go around corners without hardly using steering lock

- it often makes cars' slip-angle become the direction of travel rather than be relative to the direction of travel (vehicles often change their direction of travel as if they can stop and turn 90 degrees on a dime [no momentum] and start driving completely across the track rather than forward just because the rear-end rotates. This only happens in real-life and other sims in extreme and un-common situations.)

- it often makes cars' oversteer seem like the car is not actually oversteering but just turning more and more and therefore changing it's direction of travel

- it often makes cars snap-overcorrect the other way if you don't return your steering wheel back to centre almost immediately rather than holding the wheel stationary during the middle phase of oversteer (once you've caught the initial swing-out of the rear) - this is completely opposite from reality and many other sims (again, besides some extreme, rare situations)

- it sometimes makes the cars prone to snap-overcorrect if you apply steering lock to correct the slide, therefore, there are times when you only need to apply a very, very small amount of steering lock (completely unnatural and unrealistic) and almost just keep the steering wheel centred to save the slide because if you actually try applying opposite lock then the car will just snap-overcorrect the other way.

- there are times where you just turn your wheel a little to correct a slide and then you need to make sure to just keep the wheel there, don't move it, and just sort of wait for the car's slide to finish on it's own. You just sit there and wait because if you try adding opposite lock (beyond an unrealistically tiny amount) the car will just snap-overcorrect. You just have to wait and wait for the broken phsyics to do it's thing

In all versions of the ISI engine from the 1990s (SCGT) to present day (RF2), everything I pointed-out above can be reproduced and repeated time and time again (just like what science uses in the validation process: repeatability). It's slightly improved under the rFactor 2 version of the physics engine but still completely different to real-life as-well as Netkar Pro, KartKraft, Live For Speed, Assetto Corsa, Drivers Republic Alpha, and possibly iRacing (haven't driven it much lately).

Associat0r, why did you rarely ever post in the dev forum to contribute with anything especially on the simulation side? You love posting everywhere else not accepting anything that isn't praise about the game.
Ya, and he has to make sure he applies a "Haha" smiley face to absolutely every single user's post against RF2. Associat0r is a complete shill. I wish everyone here could see how, on Steam chat, he used to totally litter me with messages and links - one after another after another after another - of posts and threads all over the internet from countless sites and countless threads telling me to go in their and defend RF2. Unbeliable. I think it's a sickness or something (not being facetious but honest) either that, or he's paid (which I doubt).

Last edited:
You even declined playing online with me and a friend absolutely every single time we asked you to play even when I said we would allow aids and to not worry about laptimes because we are just there to have fun.
Even ISI themselves told him to stop. He's doing the rf2 a disfavor by behaving this way IMHO.
He is exactly the reason along with a number of other similar Internet figures that originally held me back from purchasing RF2 earlier. Knowing that these guys don't go race online makes me feel so much better so I don't have any chance to meet them on a server.

Also the AC bashing reddit thing needs updating now. A number of them have already been fixed/improved/constantly evolving, and many great things listed about "rFactors" "for many years if not more than a decade" such as "package system" "Dynamic weather" "Dynamic realroad rubber built-up" are not in rFactor at all, and are not finished/present/polished in some rF2 mods.

Also I'm really curious why RF2 already has the fantastic Steam workshop implementation, yet people still need to disregard the amazing auto-update feature and search all over the Internet looking for mods? Why plugins are not designed to be packaged and auto-updated?

I don't intend to bash RF2 or any sim. I don't intend to "shill" for AC or R3E or AMS (my current 3 favorite sims apart from HistorX in RF. I'm just sick of what I read in this thread. If you want to praise the effort a dev team puts into a sim and the fantastic work they've done improving the product, stop being an ass and do it good.

You people take this all far too seriously for goodness sake, where is your fun factor in dissecting a game to the extent that the majority of people either don't understand what you're talking about or don't give a ****.
My friend (users: Jugernuttt and Tanto in AM and RF2) also didn't care since it's just a game, then he starting getting very frustrated during all sorts of typically flawed ISI physics behaviour and I would explain to him everytime about all this stuff. He started realizing more and more everything I was saying as he got more and more experienced with sims over about a 6 month period and now he continually gets frustrated with the ISI physics engine (he bought AM and RF2) because of these issues - all sorts of wonky physics when pushing the car - and he knows how to drive and control a car in real-life and other sims he's driven (when he comes over), trust me :). When I got him to try the GP2 car and F1 car in LFS he was even more blown away by just how utterlly flawed, odd, and un-natural the very fundamentals of oversteer behaviour are in the ISI physics engine (LFS definitely has issues too, don't get me wrong, but the physics engine doesn't "break" when you push a car). Not to mention, he had to actually turn the steering wheel and "use the tyres" to go around corners in LFS and AC just like in real-life and in complete contrast to ISI-physics-land.

Last edited:
Guys do you actually expect from a 50$~100$ consumer software, which is executed in our mainstream pc's to simulate the million of different aspects of vehicle dynamics?

Guess what, it's not possible.

As such ALL sims have flaws and all in different areas.
ALL will try to simulate life in some extend.
ALL devs will give emphasis in different aspects because of resources limitations.
As such ALL sims will be different.

Which sim is closer to reality is not to be answered in some forum from some guy in the internet.

Thankfully we have a lot of choices.

Choose yours. rF2 is a good choice. Peace

It's a derivative of pre-isiMotor2

No its not.

Quoting from your second link which is a reliable source for who has ISImotor2 (the first isn't)

After years of independent development by ISI, the new software engine was first released by SIMBIN in their FIA GT Racing Game: GTR. This was quite an effective test of the isiMotor2 engine,

ISI continues to license isiMotor2 to other companies such as 2PEZ Games Development, Reiza Studios, Ignite Game Technologies, Blimey! Games, Slightly Mad Studios and The Sim Factory.

Just had to correct the disinformation, but we are way off topic.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.