Visor View Mod

No. it's not scaled. 'Distance' in Settings.ini defines rate.

That's what I thought :). Well that could be a feature request then :). I imagine something like:

- Take dirt rate from ini and multiply by percentage distance. If you can't get the percentage distance from memory then we could manually define the number of laps (at 100% distance) for each circuit inside the .ini and then calculate the percent distance by doing:

total laps for current race / laps for 100% at circuit circuit.

The difficulties here which would require new memory addresses I assume would be:

- Telling what circuit we are on
- Getting the number of laps in the current race

I thought you might already have found these for your data logger tool, so if you have we can put them to good use here :)

Just another idea for you :)

That's what I thought :). Well that could be a feature request then :). I imagine something like:

- Take dirt rate from ini and multiply by percentage distance. If you can't get the percentage distance from memory then we could manually define the number of laps (at 100% distance) for each circuit inside the .ini and then calculate the percent distance by doing:

total laps for current race / laps for 100% at circuit circuit.

The difficulties here which would require new memory addresses I assume would be:

- Telling what circuit we are on
- Getting the number of laps in the current race

I thought you might already have found these for your data logger tool, so if you have we can put them to good use here :)

Just another idea for you :)
Two data as you mentioned are already found.
One thing concerned, acceleration effect will be too high in shorter distance. I'll make test version, then let's see what's happen.

Hi keneken,

Just tested the new version 1.3, I'm happy with the visor displaying on starting the session and everything else is working as before.

Interesting to see that future versions may have even more enhanced features, nice idea WillsB3. :)

Great work as usual kenken. :thumbsup:

To all users of this MOD:

This is evaluation version. This is same as 1.3 except visor display timing is modified, visor will show immediately after you enter the session. I have no intension to maintain both timing(this one and version 1.3), so I'd like to hear which timing do you like.
This archive is dll only. So you need Settings.ini from version 1.3 release.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zipn1v5jqqcwhqq

WillsB3, dll in the previous archive(with check-dll) has old timing. you need this dll to do it.
sorry for the delay, was finalizing the cameras, I tested this version, only seems to not be working the bar dirt, otherwise seems OK, but I need more tests from what I understand you changed the time of dirt, I will run more to test this

confirmed, the percentage bar also does not appear in windows 7 and windows 8 in new DLL, the. ini is set to 1

Tests done at 100%

I started the test starting from the 5th round, because at the start always has a little dirt more, after 5 laps the visor was thus:

dpk7rr.jpg

After another 5 laps was thus

343hthc.jpg

I went to the box and rushed another 5 laps

35nd24m.jpg

then I cleaned his visor, and after 5 laps was thus

22htft.jpg

I did another 5 laps just for comparison

35lb2ap.jpg

confirmed, the percentage bar also does not appear in windows 7 and windows 8 in new DLL, the. ini is set to 1

Tests done at 100%
Sorry little bit late to answer. That evaluation version has no percentage bar and count indicator duration(1.4 development features) because it's version 1.3 + new timing only as mentioned that post.

Version 1.4 uploaded.

Changelog:
  • Added: dirt percentage bar(option)
  • Added: tearoff display duration(option)
  • Added: support DX10.1 cards(never tested)
  • Fixed: visor texture shows on cut scene
  • Changed: visor display timing to immediately after enter the session
  • Deleted: not display visor on replay option
This is final release. There is no further update because I'll have no time for this in next couple of months. Thank you all.

WillsB3, I tested your idea, but my impression is it's disaster in shorter length race. I'm sorry but I rejected it. If you want to test yourself, change 'Length' parameter.

Version 1.4 uploaded.

Changelog:
  • Added: dirt percentage bar(option)
  • Added: tearoff display duration(option)
  • Added: support DX10.1 cards(never tested)
  • Fixed: visor texture shows on cut scene
  • Changed: visor display timing to immediately after enter the session
  • Deleted: not display visor on replay option
This is final release. There is no further update because I'll have no time for this in next couple of months. Thank you all.

WillsB3, I tested your idea, but my impression is it's disaster in shorter length race. I'm sorry but I rejected it. If you want to test yourself, change 'Length' parameter.
Huh?Is this real?You said dx 10?:DD.Will test it today immediately:D after i wake up of course;)

Can someone send me the dirt.dds file?It's not in the mod.And how to activate the dirt effect if i have the file?Works like charm in dx10 too!Great job!

Tests done at 100%

I started the test starting from the 5th round, because at the start always has a little dirt more, after 5 laps the visor was thus:

dpk7rr.jpg

After another 5 laps was thus

343hthc.jpg

I went to the box and rushed another 5 laps

35nd24m.jpg

then I cleaned his visor, and after 5 laps was thus

22htft.jpg

I did another 5 laps just for comparison

35lb2ap.jpg
How do you only have that position hud and lap hud?I have almost everything in visor mod.Can you tell me how to disable the rest?I have 1.4 version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back