Visor View Mod

vlasovas
I fixed to not display visor texture on replay and cut scene. It was easier than I expected. Please, try this. I believe this is not necessary to check data address. I'll release version 1.3 included this fix after you confirmed this fix worked.
http://www.mediafire.com/?01be6ocu9f5mp0f

tested on windows 7 and 8 windons

solved !, but now, the visor does not appear on cockpit camera in the replay more :cry:
'll keep rev33 to make future videos on youtube !!!

tested on windows 7 and 8 windons

solved !, but now, the visor does not appear on cockpit camera in the replay more :cry:
'll keep rev33 to make future videos on youtube !!!
Yeah. I know. Maybe, I'll modified to only show display visor on replay in someday. Perhaps, Should it be option?

Version 1.3 uploaded.

Changelog:
  • Added: auto team selection on team texture mode
  • Added: dirt effect
  • Added: display visor texture only in cockpit view
  • Fixed: visor texture shows on replay(option)
  • Fixed: visor texture shows on cut scene
  • Fixed: Windows 8 incompatibility
I really appreciate tester's help.

Version 1.3 uploaded.

Changelog:
Thanks for Ver.1.3 update, kenken.
And thanks to everyone involved for testing.
I've been working on another project in real life last week and could not check this entire thread, really sorry.
I'd like to try this new version and update my Visor Pack too.

I did not added my own glass overlay. The one in the template doesn't looks transparent in game. I need to delete the glass overlay to make it playable so there's no background.
I think alpha channel may not be saved correctly. Please try the following step.

1. Open "working .dds" (please use my .dds) with Photoshop.
2. Please check whether you can see "Alpha Channel".
3. If you want to change the visor texture, replace only visor texture with the new one, and please leave the alpha channel (in your .dds) as it is.
4. Then save .dds as DXT5 with alpha channel.

If your Photoshp doesn't work correctly, please try "DXTBmp".
You can download it from here.

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

I sometimes used this tool before, when Photoshop DDS Plugin did not support 4096x4096 textrues.
I've not tried for Visor textures, but I think this will work.
Hope this helps :)

Humm. I'm not sure then. Sorry. Maybe Tommi-TAG can help?
Thanks for your kind help, WillsB3 :)

kenken I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you put in to this mod! I started out as you know a Mac user but now I have just this weekend received a proper gaming PC and can enjoy your work first hand.

I have just downloaded v1.3 and am up and running, auto team visor select is working for me as is the dirt effect.

2013-02-04_00009_zps12766f3f.jpg

2013-02-04_00072_zps73b224e9.jpg

And I have the visor texture on replay, though I see the dirt effect does not happen in this mode or at least I could not see it? It doesn't matter to me if it won't as I'll probably use something like FRAPS to capture the in car action live if I feel that way inclined.

Stellar mod!

:notworthy:

P.S. I did try to keep up with this thread as much as possible but please let me know if there is something specific to test for outside of the auto team select, dirt effect and getting the visor in the replay. I did get the visor display in the immediate post race cut scene just after crossing the line and on the results page but just pressed the joypad button I have mapped to home to switch it off.

Version 1.3 uploaded.

Changelog:

Thank you very much for Version 1.3! Great work and really appreciated.Tested it and everything works as it should. The credit belongs to you for creating a whole new game experience :thumbsup:

Thought I'd share two more images and ask one question, would it be possible to set a number of tear offs and not have a visual reminder of how many I have left? I quite like the thought of having to manage them properly and have the penalty of feeling my way round if I have burned through them.

These two shots are from a 25% career race one taken just over halfway through and the other taken right at the end, I didn't use the tear off feature as I wanted to see how my dirt texture would apply.

2013-02-04_00003_zpsd32f9397.jpg

2013-02-04_00078_zpsc9563856.jpg

Said it earlier and I'll say it again this mod is great!

Thanks kenken. :D

Version 1.3 uploaded.

Changelog:

excellent idea to deploy the possibility of cameras in the replay, using the ini file

are you congratulations!!
I will test the child!!

EDIT :

tested:
I saw that you changed the values ​​of "AccelFactor"
the defalt before was 200 and now is 100, and set in 100, resulted in almost 60, that I have set here in my home, in the previous version, many can enjoy a lot of dust, but to have an mod like the storm (see the video that I posted), there's no way, so I I configured in 60 previously, but ... liked the result of your new settings.
really, you corrected until much longer than expected (Fixed: display shows texture on cut scene) :thumbsup:

I was only a suggestion, because I ended up getting used with the debug mode, I found cool to see the amount of dust accumulated on the visor in percentage, and now that no longer have him I felt the lack!
if there is, some future version it would be possible implement another button, like the "B" that enable or disable debug ?

if you make a new version 1.4, let me know, because I open a file from camera, and seeking the names of cameras that appear to cross the finish line, so you hide in the mod too, because they are the only ones that are lacking hide, I should have done this before, but was with the head still on pirelli

the cameras of the finish line is these 4
"replay_driver2"
"post_race_cam_01"
"post_race_cam_02"
"post_race_cam_03"

sorry to disturb, are only ideas, got carried away with this mod, it got very good :thumbsup:

Guys, I don't quote each of your post. But thank you and enjoy the new version.

kenken
And I have the visor texture on replay, though I see the dirt effect does not happen in this mode or at least I could not see it? It doesn't matter to me if it won't as I'll probably use something like FRAPS to capture the in car action live if I feel that way inclined.
On replay, dirt doesn't change and it stays before into replay mode. Because actual your car position never change on replay mode.
kenken
I did get the visor display in the immediate post race cut scene just after crossing the line and on the results page but just pressed the joypad button I have mapped to home to switch it off.
if you make a new version 1.4, let me know, because I open a file from camera, and seeking the names of cameras that appear to cross the finish line, so you hide in the mod too, because they are the only ones that are lacking hide, I should have done this before, but was with the head still on pirelli

the cameras of the finish line is these 4
"replay_driver2"
"post_race_cam_01"
"post_race_cam_02"
"post_race_cam_03"

sorry to disturb, are only ideas, got carried away with this mod, it got very good :thumbsup:
I didn't fix that scene and result table because I didn't have enough time to do it. I'm working on it.
Actually, I found condition flag for the rest of unwanted visor texture displayed scene at last night. But I'm afraid it needs another boring test for checking valid address. Before open testing, I'll take some time to make sure it works.

Thought I'd share two more images and ask one question, would it be possible to set a number of tear offs and not have a visual reminder of how many I have left? I quite like the thought of having to manage them properly and have the penalty of feeling my way round if I have burned through them.
See Settings.ini. The answer is in there.
I was only a suggestion, because I ended up getting used with the debug mode, I found cool to see the amount of dust accumulated on the visor in percentage, and now that no longer have him I felt the lack!
if there is, some future version it would be possible implement another button, like the "B" that enable or disable debug ?
Do you miss those debug info? If you want to see only percentage of dirt, how about percentage bar like this throttle and brake bar?
2ine45.png

Thanks kenken, but I think I didn't quite put my question correctly. But could I say set the number of tear off to 3 and have no on screen indicator of how many remain after using one?

The .ini seemed to suggest that if limit is set to >0 then an onscreen indicator is displayed for 3 seconds and it is that I would like to avoid/toggle on/off if possible, for added realism. If it is not possible then I will stick with the default setting of 0 to avoid the onscreen indicator and just be strict to myself. :)

Great to see you are making even further progress on this mod. :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Guys, I don't quote each of your post. But thank you and enjoy the new version.

On replay, dirt doesn't change and it stays before into replay mode. Because actual your car position never change on replay mode.

I didn't fix that scene and result table because I didn't have enough time to do it. I'm working on it.
Actually, I found condition flag for the rest of unwanted visor texture displayed scene at last night. But I'm afraid it needs another boring test for checking valid address. Before open testing, I'll take some time to make sure it works.

Do you miss those debug info? If you want to see only percentage of dirt, how about percentage bar like this throttle and brake bar?
2ine45.png

the way it was, but just showing the percentage would already be good, but if it has like to do with energy bar, like in fighting games, WOWWW, it would be really cool, but since it have ON / OFF button or. INI

and count me in for further testing, I went back to work, but when I test at night here in Brazil

Shoot us the test .dlls whenever you need Kenken :). Meanwhile I'm enjoying the new version :) thanks!
When it's necessary, probably in near future, I will. Thanks.
Thanks kenken, but I think I didn't quite put my question correctly. But could I say set the number of tear off to 3 and have no on screen indicator of how many remain after using one?

The .ini seemed to suggest that if limit is set to >0 then an onscreen indicator is displayed for 3 seconds and it is that I would like to avoid/toggle on/off if possible, for added realism. If it is not possible then I will stick with the default setting of 0 to avoid the onscreen indicator and just be strict to myself. :)

Great to see you are making even further progress on this mod. :thumbsup: :notworthy:
I see. I totally forgot one sentence in your post. sorry.
I don't want to add new key assigned for this. So I'll add option of indicator display interval time to ini.
the way it was, but just showing the percentage would already be good, but if it has like to do with energy bar, like in fighting games, WOWWW, it would be really cool, but since it have ON / OFF button or. INI

and count me in for further testing, I went back to work, but when I test at night here in Brazil
OK. I'll make it as percentage bar.

When it's necessary, probably in near future, I will. Thanks.

I see. I totally forgot one sentence in your post. sorry.
I don't want to add new key assigned for this. So I'll add option of indicator display interval time to ini.

OK. I'll make it as percentage bar.

That's great that you can add an option to set the interval time in the .ini file of a future release of this mod, thank you very much! :D

This is current development snapshot. Newly added features are tearoff display duration option and dirt percentage bar option. And I need test for cut-scene and replay bugs(visor displayed at unwanted situation). This is for testing only.

First, put check-dll(it's in checkdll directory of archive) into F1 2012 install directory and start game. Then drive car. The debug info will show up as same as previous check-dll. Each item value should be 1 on cockpit view, 0 on cut-scene and result table and 2 to 5 on other view. -1 means read from wrong memory address. I need this info. Please report this info.

Next, if you found proper item, put d3d11.dll and Settings.ini from the archive as normal installation of this MOD and edit 'debug = -1' in Settings.ini to item number(0 - 27) which you found it worked properly.(if you have set NotOnReplay to 0, edit to 1). Then start game. It should be fixed cut-scene and replay bugs. Please also check it's fixed or not.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3a3mmx8eszw98je

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 62 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Forum trophies