Visor View Mod

Oh I see, thank you for your help Graham :thumbsup: and I'm sorry to hear that kenken. Was just interested since I love F1 so much yet I'm a TV view noob and thought it this would be a cool get into using cockpit view.

Probably not worth looking into asking someone about making a similar mod for the current game but hopefully for the F1 2013. I'll definitely put in a request when the time is right. :)

No problem Andi, I would do this for anyone, assuming I had the time available for the search :)

@kenken & any other interested parties

I have removed the link, not due to any pressure exerted here in this thread, nor applied via the post 'report' function of the website. A sweetly ironic report BTW :)

I have removed it just to keep the peace, knowing also that anyone can find almost any file via a search engine if you try hard enough, and use the correct search terms.

We all know that there is only one way to prevent a file disseminating it's way around the internet, and that is nothing to do with me, it's down to the originator of the file. You make a choice when releasing any file, as you almost immediately you lose control of the said file, and it's usage.

It's the nature of the internet, and it's a thing we all have to live with, if that is unacceptable, then your only other choice is to opt out, and that would be a sad thing to do.

Regards
Graham

Just for the record, I don't want to control files I have released in public. My only concern is those unauthorized redistributions might not be latest version. That means those files have a bug which had fixed in latest version.

P.S. I want to apologize to people who had supported this MOD by creating visor texture, testing or suggesting interest new feature. The only thing I regret is I disappointed you. If it's for greater good of this community, I'll give the source code to someone to continue to develop. But only to someone who already established reputation in here and I can completely trust.

Hello again.
I found a very nice real visor pic (bilaterally symmetric) on the website and edited an Arai Open Visor version.
Here is a WIP pic.

f12012araiopenvisortest.jpg

The texture of the edge part is based on the real photo and I added tear-off layer etc.
I referred to the real F1 drivers' photos and the visor position seems to be ok.
I think this needs some more tweak of the alpha channel.
So, I'd like to ask how about this open visor version and any advice would be appreciated :)

Can anybody pls upload the PSD-file for this open visor? Would be great!

Is there any possibility of continuing the mod for f1 2013?

Such a beautiful project like this can not be killed this way.

It would require knowledge of how to program Direct3D 11 in C++ to code a D3D11??.DLL but it may be impossible due to perhaps the game devs making everything they can to prevent it from working. That's how I interpret the current situation: not working in F1 2013, on purpose...

CM's game devs perhaps made their DX code in a way that would not allow this 2012 mod to work in 2013... that's my take on it. CM 'designers' either don't want us to have (more) fun, or 'plan' to make visors a (paying) DLC option in the near (I hope) future...

CM's game devs perhaps made their DX code in a way that would not allow this 2012 mod to work in 2013... that's my take on it. CM 'designers' either don't want us to have (more) fun, or 'plan' to make visors a (paying) DLC option in the near (I hope) future...
Your assumption is completely wrong. The reason why it can't work on F1 2013 is this mod reads a dozen internal statuses. The memory addresses of these statuses are depended on exe file. That's why this mod only works with F1 2012 patch 12.

Technically, reading internal status is used same method in cheat/trainer tool. That's why I refuse to share the detail of this mod(source code and/or method). To use that knowledges for making mod isn't bad thing, I believe, but it's definitely not a topic to share in this forum.

Why does your OSD still work, then? Is it only because it does not check if it's in cockpit. If so, would it be possible (for you) to create a visor mod which works like the OSD, so you'd have it in race all the time no matter the camera (at least ppl who drive in cockpit view could use that great mod then again)?

Why does your OSD still work, then? Is it only because it does not check if it's in cockpit. If so, would it be possible (for you) to create a visor mod which works like the OSD, so you'd have it in race all the time no matter the camera (at least ppl who drive in cockpit view could use that great mod then again)?
If internal status didn't check, visor will show all the time. Your opinion is yours and please make it yourself. It's not so difficult. But I don't want to release such garbage to the public. This is my opinion.

Your assumption is completely wrong. The reason why it can't work on F1 2013 is this mod reads a dozen internal statuses. The memory addresses of these statuses are depended on exe file. That's why this mod only works with F1 2012 patch 12.

Technically, reading internal status is used same method in cheat/trainer tool. That's why I refuse to share the detail of this mod(source code and/or method). To use that knowledges for making mod isn't bad thing, I believe, but it's definitely not a topic to share in this forum.

Thanks for correcting my mis-understanding. Then, my only last hope is for CM designers to get off their _m_m_ and realize they could make a fortune by just letting us download a DLC package that would allow us to drive in cockpit view with visors. Why don't they do that? Are they THAT RICH already??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back