Visor View Mod

This is current development snapshot. Newly added features are tearoff display duration option and dirt percentage bar option. And I need test for cut-scene and replay bugs(visor displayed at unwanted situation). This is for testing only.

First, put check-dll(it's in checkdll directory of archive) into F1 2012 install directory and start game. Then drive car. The debug info will show up as same as previous check-dll. Each item value should be 1 on cockpit view, 0 on cut-scene and result table and 2 to 5 on other view. -1 means read from wrong memory address. I need this info. Please report this info.

Next, if you found proper item, put d3d11.dll and Settings.ini from the archive as normal installation of this MOD and edit 'debug = -1' in Settings.ini to item number(0 - 27) which you found it worked properly.(if you have set NotOnReplay to 0, edit to 1). Then start game. It should be fixed cut-scene and replay bugs. Please also check it's fixed or not.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3a3mmx8eszw98je
ok i will check the night, and put the results :thumbsup:

WINDOWS 7 TEST

Good going by parts
1) I extracted the file. Ini and setup as before, and then used the "check dll" of the another folder

results:
chase close, chase far, bumper, replays, and other types of cameras always showing the value 0
cockpit always showing the value 1
camera pod, camera bonnet and always showing the value 5

I saw in 3 teams, as was always the same result, I not have tested in the others, if u want, I test!!

2) I changed the dll check, and used the provided in the rar file.
then I played, visors appeared in replays, and the unwanted parts like crossing the finish line.

3) I returned in the file. ini, as the unwanted cameras showed the value of "0", and you said to use the value that the dll would give me, I changed the "Debug = -1" for "Debug = 0"
and the mod worked perfectly, no more unwanted cameras, and in the replay, only the cockpit camera, works with visors, which is wonderful!!
just tested with marrusia gradually'll test with other

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2rinaatvsig5cc

edit

mclaren is also functioning as the marrusia, I believe that all are OK

this evening I test on windows 8, in a moment I'm leaving for work

WINDOWS 7 TEST

Good going by parts
1) I extracted the file. Ini and setup as before, and then used the "check dll" of the another folder

results:
chase close, chase far, bumper, replays, and other types of cameras always showing the value 0
cockpit always showing the value 1
camera pod, camera bonnet and always showing the value 5

I saw in 3 teams, as was always the same result, I not have tested in the others, if u want, I test!!

2) I changed the dll check, and used the provided in the rar file.
then I played, visors appeared in replays, and the unwanted parts like crossing the finish line.

3) I returned in the file. ini, as the unwanted cameras showed the value of "0", and you said to use the value that the dll would give me, I changed the "Debug = -1" for "Debug = 0"
and the mod worked perfectly, no more unwanted cameras, and in the replay, only the cockpit camera, works with visors, which is wonderful!!
just tested with marrusia gradually'll test with other

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2rinaatvsig5cc

edit

mclaren is also functioning as the marrusia, I believe that all are OK

this evening I test on windows 8, in a moment I'm leaving for work
Thanks. It seems all item works properly. That's great.

By the way, did you try dirt indicator? It's default off, so you need to change 'DirtPercentageBar = 0' to 1.

To all users of this MOD:
I have plan to change visor display timing. In new version(plan), visor will show immediately after you enter the session. I have no intension to maintain both timing(this plan and version 1.3), so I'd like to hear which timing do you like.

One thing I'm concerned, Engineer, Tire and Teammate menu will show behind visor. So on some screen resolution, visor will annoy you. I'm working on evaluation version, but there is issue I have to fixed. I'll give you it for evaluation after it's fixed.

I have plan to change visor display timing. In new version(plan), visor will show immediately after you enter the session. I have no intension to maintain both timing(this plan and version 1.3), so I'd like to hear which timing do you like.

One thing I'm concerned, Engineer, Tire and Teammate menu will show behind visor. So on some screen resolution, visor will annoy you. I'm working on evaluation version, but there is issue I have to fixed. I'll give you it for evaluation after it's fixed.

Automatically when you join the session sounds good to me! We can always disable it with the home key for tyre selection and stuff.

P.S I think the mod should ship with the OnlyShowInCockpit setting switched on by default ;).

Hi kenken,

Sorry for being slow back to you on the test results. I have tried every team this evening.

I have got this latest test version working with each team using the modified cameras I had installed and had made some adjustments to. There was one camera that showed called extra_pod that presented itself as a cockpit view with the check.dll so I just removed each instance of it from the camera.xml for each team. The cameras I am using are from Roberto Costa's driver mod release. I have attached the extracted camera info if you wanted to look at it for reference. All other camera were just fine. :) I used a restriction of 1 tear off with the timer indicator set to 0000 so no on screen display and it was just the way I'd like it to be. Didn't try dirt indicator though, sorry.

Also I think it is great that in the next version the visor will be on as soon as the session is entered. I use a FOV setting of 21 so my default open visor is not going to obscure anything. If I weren't I would do what WillsB3 suggests and just disable it with the 'home' and map that to a joypad button to easily turn it off or on. I've currently mapped open/close visor 'm' and tear off 'n' to joypad and that works great for me.

Thank you again.
:)

Attachments

• extra_pod.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 439
Thanks. It seems all item works properly. That's great.

By the way, did you try dirt indicator? It's default off, so you need to change 'DirtPercentageBar = 0' to 1.

:confused: you believe now that you mention it, was that I saw that have this item in. ini, I think I need to do more testing then

I insisted on finishing my mod of cameras, and is very late, I go to sleep, but as soon as I can, I'll test on windows 8

fine by me :thumbsup:

P.S I think the mod should ship with the OnlyShowInCockpit setting switched on by default ;).
I will. To be honest, I can't remember why I decided default off.
Could you check this, please?(http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/visor-view-mod.60874/page-33#post-1361835)
Hi kenken,

Sorry for being slow back to you on the test results. I have tried every team this evening.

I have got this latest test version working with each team using the modified cameras I had installed and had made some adjustments to. There was one camera that showed called extra_pod that presented itself as a cockpit view with the check.dll so I just removed each instance of it from the camera.xml for each team. The cameras I am using are from Roberto Costa's driver mod release. I have attached the extracted camera info if you wanted to look at it for reference. All other camera were just fine. :) I used a restriction of 1 tear off with the timer indicator set to 0000 so no on screen display and it was just the way I'd like it to be. Didn't try dirt indicator though, sorry.

Also I think it is great that in the next version the visor will be on as soon as the session is entered. I use a FOV setting of 21 so my default open visor is not going to obscure anything. If I weren't I would do what WillsB3 suggests and just disable it with the 'home' and map that to a joypad button to easily turn it off or on. I've currently mapped open/close visor 'm' and tear off 'n' to joypad and that works great for me.

Thank you again.
:)
Thanks. If you don't mind, give me screenshot of check-dll result please.

:confused: you believe now that you mention it, was that I saw that have this item in. ini, I think I need to do more testing then

I insisted on finishing my mod of cameras, and is very late, I go to sleep, but as soon as I can, I'll test on windows 8

fine by me :thumbsup:
OK. I'm not hurry, so take your time.

Hi kenken,

Here are the corresponding results for each camera before I made changes to the camera files I an using.

2013-02-09_00002_zps70c07aa0.jpg

2013-02-09_00006_zps87765659.jpg

2013-02-09_00001_zps3f51dd7f.jpg

2013-02-09_00008_zpsba2a93c1.jpg

2013-02-09_00007_zps0a459e64.jpg

2013-02-09_00005_zps736607f5.jpg

2013-02-09_00004_zps70730862.jpg

2013-02-09_00003_zps287b6576.jpg

I guess that the base for the camera labelled extra_pod was the cockpit view and the values were amended from the default to skew it to it's current position. I have removed the reference to it in each of my teams camera files to fix it, as in my opinion I still have too many camera views.

Hope this helps. :)

kenken Here are the results from my latest test with the test dll.

2013-02-10_00001.jpg

2013-02-10_00002.jpg

2013-02-10_00003.jpg

2013-02-10_00004.jpg

2013-02-10_00005.jpg

2013-02-10_00006.jpg

2013-02-10_00007.jpg

2013-02-10_00008.jpg

2013-02-10_00011.jpg

2013-02-10_00012.jpg

Interestingly the Home key didn't seem do anything with this dll (I wasn't able to toggle the visor on in any views - Is this intentional?)

Let me know if you need any more data.

This is evaluation version. This is same as 1.3 except visor display timing is modified, visor will show immediately after you enter the session. I have no intension to maintain both timing(this one and version 1.3), so I'd like to hear which timing do you like.
This archive is dll only. So you need Settings.ini from version 1.3 release.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zipn1v5jqqcwhqq

WillsB3, dll in the previous archive(with check-dll) has old timing. you need this dll to do it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%