Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Magnificent. Pro quality of one of the best tracks in America.

Thank you. What a gift to the community! Very generous. How do we donate to support you?

AC street car fans will want to bookmark this page: http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...results-historical-lap-times-and-more-feature

A few facts about the C&D Lightning Lap:

Car and Driver does not use a pro driver for their times and they are time limited due to running 20-30 cars at once over the course of a few days with multiple drivers. Tires have to be an option for sale... so many cars would be well served to use street tires in AC to compare. Also, VIR was (partially?) repaved a few years ago and the green paved runoff areas you see on two corners of the track were not there a few years ago. Car and Driver has been trying to avoid using those green runoff areas when setting lap times to provide some consistency with older lap times. Their new issue with the 2016 lightning lap should be out in a month or two.

I drove a default Mustang GT for 4 laps at the Grand west course with street tires in AC and did a 3:05 lap--- same as Car and Driver's time last year. AC may be slightly quicker as I matched their time pretty quickly but it is in the ballpark to be sure. Very cool.

searching all over the place for the vip codes can someone point me in the right direction please?

i see al the vip flyers around the track wil it be always in there neighbourhood??

found one finally are they all on the fences or also on the back roads?

Last edited:
Looking wonderful, as expected :) All the kind words have been said a hundred times so I'll simply "ditto" that.

The pits before the pits (on the left hand side) has some issues with asphalt detail scaling. The track itself has rather large stones (I know, it's a trade off), but that patch of asphalt has 20 cm stones :geek:
The grass edge is very obvious on some places. Perhaps most likely due to the stretched UV maps.
Some people said the track is a bit dark and I would say the same. Although I use the photographic PP which has pretty heavy HDR, and with a large bright sky it might be getting underexposed. Haven't checked and too lazy at the moment - sorry..:redface:

I see a lot of attention went into easter eggs and that VIP content :) I think the testers should have pointed out that the track has some shader issues, making it dark and very much like, i don't know, like it belongs to rF2 or Automobilista.
It has amazing details, trees are great, majority of texture work is outstanding, but these shader issues are making it look like a track from 2006 title or something.

Here's a comparison with Brands Hatch and Paul Ricard.. See how more 'modern' they look, and it's not because the amount of details (they probably have less) it's just these colors and that dark tone..

We have discussed the issue with the grass and in the end we tend to agree it is a tad dark overall. It is a combination of shader settings and textures.

As for the road I give you a picture from 2016 so don't expect it to change much. The grass I will try to get it closer to this.
14115431_10154384245907488_7068913142677499322_o.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back