Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
What track grip/temp/tire compound do you think would be best to use?
They did the real life tests at around 20-23 degrees, so I would go for that.

Track grip, looks like 100% is the way to go recently, as the laptimes in GT3 cars seem to be very close to real, the only drawback would be that unrealistic racing lines are possible. Also, the track is heavily used throughout the year.

Compound it depends on the car, some brands (Porsche and McLaren) supplied semislick track day tires for the occasion, even a team of engineers to adjust things like camber, check the articles to see if that is the case. Otherwise, I recommend the street coumpound.

In the 458 for example I had a 2.47.5 while the recorded lap was a 2.49.9
Did a quick change to street and I'm reaching mid-high 50s. To reach the same laptimes with semislicks I reckon it would take bringing down the grip to 95%, which would be bad and green Tarmac.

I just ran a couple seconds quicker than the lap record using the Mustang, 96% grip, and semi's so streets and somewhere between fast and optimal should be pretty close. So. Much. Fun.
Thank you again and again guys, this is incredible and I haven't even started searching for clues in the Oak Tree mini-game yet, not to mention flying around and discovering secret after secret.

My home state. Been here many times. Know several instructors here.Top five in the USA, in my opinion. We have more Tilke-free tracks here that flow well, too. Especially for GT cars. Great call Assetto. Now go fix the console disaster.

Great call Assetto. Now go fix the console disaster.
giphy.gif

My home state. Been here many times. Know several instructors here.Top five in the USA, in my opinion. We have more Tilke-free tracks here that flow well, too. Especially for GT cars. Great call Assetto. Now go fix the console disaster.
Are you insane? What are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Thank you, very much for the gorgeous track, VIR. Sadly, I can't test it right now because of a wheel situation - I don't have one :laugh: - but maybe I'll try and see if I can do a lap using the keyboard.

Back on topic, I found one of the 4 VIP features and a goose started talking to me and told me where to go for the next one but geese can't talk very clearly so I'm not sure what "five alive" means

Haha wow, what timing. Was watching parts of the IMSA race held there after another discussion here about what series do modern broadcasting well, did a few searches for VIR in Assetto and now I wake up to this, well done lads, well done indeed. :D

What is the most frequently used configuration of VIR for racing? Do they use the same layout for vehicle testing? For instance, I remember hearing that the Corvette Z06 set a lap record at VIR during testing or magazine review, I can't remember which. Which layout would that have been?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.