Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi. Just noticed a small bug. On the go kart track, during a race, all karts enter the pits after lap 1 and stayed there. Not sure if it´ll get fixed since it´s extra content but I´ll let you know about the bug in case you are planning on releasing a future update

VIR Bonus Tracks unlock - the easy way

install 7zip
in your "content/tracks/vir" folder there are 4 executable files (if you try to open they ask for password)
right click on each VIR VIP*.exe
extract to folder

done, no password

Can't believe I'm only now discovering this! Bought Assetto last year at a deep discount solely because it had Nordschleife (after first looking for sims with VIR, but I refuse to pay a subscription for iRacing, and somehow this didn't come up in that search). Found myself yearning to drive VIR again since I used to get to do high speed driver schools there, and when I stumbled on this, I couldn't believe it. For starters, donationware (you guys are saints)! Then, not only the configurations, but the WHOLE COMPLEX?? Cherry on top with the Easter eggs?? I got hours of enjoyment out of that alone! This track could have been sold as a complete game in and of itself! What an absolutely incredible job done, I hopped in the RX-7 and found all the old lines, shift points, everything was spot on. Even the scraping as you make the turn after the bridge to stay on the N course! I'm speechless and ecstatic. arthur666, I loved your screenshot, do they still have Mazda driving events? Not trying to pimp my video, but here's what my 7 looked like back in the day (I'm so old the garages and homes aren't there!). :)

Whole point of this post was I wanted to verify the Paypal is still active and these guys are still around? If so, I want to buy you guys a couple cases of beer!! You deserve it!!

@meanie Yes, the paypal is still active. Thanks so much for your comments. Really glad you are enjoying the track as it was intended :) We put a lot of effort into making it feel right and that was only possible with arthur666 consistantly driving the track IRL and providing feedback and real world data throughout development.

It was a labour of love and hearing people such as yourself still appreciate it (and take time to comment) after all this time is a real thrill. Thank you!

I'm about to fire it up again for another session tonight! It is definitely apparent that it was a labor of love, I can only imagine the number of hours you spent to get it to this level of perfection! Again, it is sure appreciated!

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, but are there any recommended karts for the VIR kart track? I drove them once, but don't remember what kind they were anymore, and didn't know if there were any similar ones available for Assetto?

Thank you guys again! Maybe we need a thread for VIR Reminiscing, if it doesn't already exist. I'd be interested in living vicariously through arthur666. :) Enjoyed that video, boy things have changed!

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, but are there any recommended karts for the VIR kart track?
I did try a couple back in the day but can't remember which ones. I'm sure someone else can recommend one though. Most of my testing was done in the Abarth but you probably want something smaller than that :p

downloaded it, added to content manager and when i launch, game crashes
Critical error:

ERROR: Reverb node does not exist:AC_AUDIO_BRIDGE_1

someone knows how to fix it plz?

Last edited:
The accuracy of this track is unfathomable. We all know this gem:
1679188252211.png

But have any of us actually looked at some real life pictures?

1679188562528.png

1679188608310.png

And with some csi enhance:

1679189898951.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering