Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
To Darren, Rigel and Arthur666,

You guys have created something to be proud of,

I don't know this track to attack at speed but doing a few exploratory laps in the CR7 it is clear that one gets huge satisfaction from driving.

For me the undulation is done extremely well considering this is conventional and not laser scanned, and the flow is extraordinary,

Really going to spend some time with this circuit, it will be very satisfying once I get up to speed.

Great job guys!

Cheers,

ET

Let me just try to humbly make a point about drawing attention to flaws in general. When you find a clearly superb mod like this one, it's only normal to point out the tiny flaws that prevent it from having that "ahhh that's it" feeling of enjoyment. I'm positively sure that absolutely no disrespect is meant with that. If anything, it's the opposite, you like something so much that you want to help make it even better, perfect if you wish. People who have no modding skills really have no other way of contributing. When a tester reports something, you don't send him to hell, and although you kind of shrug for giving you additional work, you most often thank him in the end. Unfortunately, the thankfullness part often gets overshadowed with disproportionally minute complaints, and that's unfortunate, but we're grown people, do we really need to sing a praise each time in order to "balance things out"? I would say no.

Wow.. i absolutely had no intention of insulting anyone. I literally said that track probably has more details and better textures then Kunos tracks, BUT because of the darkness and shaders it is looking like a track for some older title.
My reasoning is exactly as Topuz pointed out above, i get excited and 'annoyed' at the same time when something is this good and has potential to be perfect, with just a few minor tweaks.
Don't we all benefit from 'criticism' at the end?
I just noticed that everyone got all excited for easter eggs and stuff and barely anyone mentioned those issues, so i might have posted it a bit more aggressive, again, only because i see an almost-perfect mod track here.
I'm a QA for a living though so that might've contributed to it :)

I said multiple times that i literally love all you modders and i'm very greatfull for all your work, don't mistake my excitement for being an a**, it's not my intention at all, but it's hard to express that on the forums..

The grass brightness seemed perfect when I did my first test drive (single 1200p monitor, 12:00, clear, default PP, no PP mods installed). As noted above, once switched to overcast, the grass became very dark, to the point of blending with asphalt and making track limits estimation difficult (everywhere apart from sections with light curbs), even at 12:00. I guess it's a problem with the way AC's HDR works, but some colour adjustment will be welcomed. Until then, driving in sunny noon conditions will do the job just fine.

The surface mesh seems somewhat smooth and featureless, but not knowing much about the place, I guess that's how the real, freshly repaved thing is. I'm also definitely spoiled by old, rough & bumpy LilSki's Bridgehampton :D.

Other than that I like it very much, haven't driven this circuit since GTR2/GTL times, but certainly will keep using it in AC, as we just don't have enough high quality custom tracks with similar topography features in the sim. Thanks to all involved!

I think constructive criticism is much welcome in whole parts of modding but sometimes its hard to find the right words to do it without being an ass.... or whiner. Especially with the barrier of language.
Sometimes it needs to read the feedback of the community twice and careful.
Also I think one of the reason behind the "complainings" is make the mod perfect for everyone without using different FFB settings or PP filters in comparsion to the original content.

And of course the community should accept the decissions of the mod developers.

I also love the track, the details all around, the enthusiasm in it its really close to perfect for me.
But I struggle with the road feel atm. Also in harder cars like the Dallara F312 RSR or the Praga R1. The only things I can feel are the weight load of the car and the curbs.
I get the same feelings only at Donington. All other tracks are good.

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited:
woah patriot layout is fantastic! shame there isnt much room for pit boxes. talking of the pits can the pit limiter line be moved slightly further away from the track? not really an issue but you can enter the limiter zone if you run a bit wide.

• Deleted member 197115

Natural Graphics Mod PP which is probably as neutral as it can get and track looks "unnaturally" dark with it. Unfortunately one cannot adjust exposure with this PP.
Looking forward to update, the track is too good to pass even with this brightness issue.
Do we really need that Easter eggs hunt there, why not enable everything out of the box.

Have to show some love for your work @dazzyb2k3 .....Awesome track...Great job..:thumbsup:
Not sure where one will have the time to inspect track details....But its a great track and looks like any of AC standard track
Had a great time racing online
Very nice flowing track...using VR makes sense :)

Would be great to get more people racing this track online...

Have fun guys!

Natural Graphics Mod PP which is probably as neutral as it can get and track looks "unnaturally" dark with it. Unfortunately one cannot adjust exposure with this PP.
Looking forward to update, the track is too good to pass even with this brightness issue.
Do we really need that Easter eggs hunt there, why not enable everything out of the box.

Had a great time discovering the tracks and finding the easter eggs myself. It's not that hard (less that 20 mins to find all 4). +1 for more easter eggs!

Last edited:
I'm using the same filter. One of the bests out there in my opinion...

Fantastic job all round. So much to see and do. Had all the bonus content out and installed before even realising there was supposed to be some sort of game to it, so a bit disappointing there, but an absolutely top job overall. Well done guys :thumbsup:

Thanks! It's meant to simulate the track as it is right now, which means freshly repaved.

Hehe, the snack bar took me way too long to do :D I'm glad it shows.
are you considering increasing a bit the ambient and difuse levels? i think they are quite low, and make it look like the car ia a lightbolt. Also the low grip surface is too low.
cheers

are you considering increasing a bit the ambient and difuse levels? i think they are quite low, and make it look like the car ia a lightbolt. Also the low grip surface is too low.
cheers
Actually yes, LilSki did some testing on the shaders and textures. We need to discuss the results with Darren when he gets back :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.