Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, Just done an online race after unlocking all the VIP's, the tyres around the oak tree are covering the apex on that corner. Same in practice mode. Maybe two versions of the track? One with and one without? Not sure how it would work with online racing. Great idea BTW!View attachment 151699

Watch some old youtube videos. That is how close the tree and tires were. But don't worry the whole tree/tires are visual only so online there will be no issue if one guy has the tree on and another doesn't as neither of them can actually hit it.

Found this image. you can see this is before the curbs changed to the newer wider painted ones found in the sim and present day VIR.
6a0112791cb10528a4019aff90ce1b970b-800wi

Comparing both shots, it does seem like the real tyre wall is more rounded off near the apex of the corner, whilst in the virtual version the last 2 sets of tyres are placed a tad too far outwards?

Comparing both shots, it does seem like the real tyre wall is more rounded off near the apex of the corner, whilst in the virtual version the last 2 sets of tyres are placed a tad too far outwards?
Until the fix is forthcoming it shouldn't make that big of a deal though. I almost never see any pro racing driver touch those curbs on the exit because it disturbs the car and there's a long straight ahead and oodles of run off to be abused that lets you avoid it. Should be easy enough to not let those protruding tires mess with you.

There is something spine tingling about coming up to that corner with the tree intact though.

Looks great on screens, cant wait to try it. Did you go for a repaved version or were you working on the old tarmac?

Thanks! It's meant to simulate the track as it is right now, which means freshly repaved.

3fbb0ded84.jpg

Look at that wood texture:confused: Awesome work on all levels!! Thanks!

Hehe, the snack bar took me way too long to do :D I'm glad it shows.

What is the most frequently used configuration of VIR for racing? Do they use the same layout for vehicle testing? For instance, I remember hearing that the Corvette Z06 set a lap record at VIR during testing or magazine review, I can't remember which. Which layout would that have been?
Pro races use the full course. Car and Driver test on the grand West course which is longer and has that in Field section with a lot of slower, tighter turns.

Definatelly after trying it propely now i gotta say it's not that smooth as when i first tried it, but it's definatelly more 'Barbagallo' then Modena. I see one or more people with the same opinion in Reviews section.
There are bumps and stuff but the actuall surface is very smooth.

Also one thing that is really poking me in the eye is this curb texture :) Any chance for some smoother gradient or something, for some reason it's very noticable while driving.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%