URD eGT mod

i see on the d/l page that there are 2 different packs are both of them worth a shot or is one a better version? would appreciate some input on this as i'm impressed by what i have heard of this mod.
thanks.

i see on the d/l page that there are 2 different packs are both of them worth a shot or is one a better version? would appreciate some input on this as i'm impressed by what i have heard of this mod.
thanks.

One pack is the (ahem) DTM style looking cars, the other one is the GT2/3 style cars.

I downloaded both as they are both great. For the time involved in making them its worth the few euro's.

Just need to stop AC's steering being too sensitive for my wheel! :)

The T5 (DTM) seems more popular at the moment, but I think that's due to the GT2/GT3 content that's already on AC. However both mods are top stuff!

Hello!

I too would like real skins for this mod... if anyone comes across 'skin pack' please do point us in the right direction :) Like posted above, doesnt matter what series, as long as its a nice pack so i feel like i'm racing in a real series...

Thank you

Paul

Guys, maybe you meant the 24h at Nurburgring pack? http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/urd-mod-24h-nürburgring-skin-pack.3319/

This is Porsche only though, I have not seen a complete skin pack for all cars..

So, the mod contains GTE spec cars? There's no information on this. And looking at the ferrari gt2 from kunos, it's not the same car as the ferrari in the urd egt pack.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? cheers!

Mod-edit: Merged threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The United Racing Design mod features 2012-2013 spec GTLM race cars which raced in the WEC championship. The cars originate out of the old GT2 spec autos which replaced the faster, lighter, and more aero-sensitive GT1 cars that raced with so much success a few years ago. GT2 has been homologated so many times by the FIA that the specs now have GTLM cars setting sub 4-minute laps at Sarthe...as to URD's physics reproduction of the real racecars, they are somewhat slower than the Kunos supplied GT2 BMW and Ferrari, and the between-class P4/5. The cars used to be faster than the Kunos products, but updates to the steering grip rendered them slower.

The URD Ferrari is a vastly different car from the Kunos GT2 car which is older and under powered, also quieter. The old Ferrari GT2 did not have a large powerband like the road car, and had a restricted engine that was quieter. The car is a little less restricted now in real life and is louder. The URD car., it drives well, but I can't rule on the physics. They are good for a paymod, certainly decent for online racing, but as far as how close they approach the real physics of the 2013 cars I cannot say.

Will see how this turn out. The rFactor 2 mod is of really high quality but sadly it´s the worst car I driven in simracing for as long as I can remember. I tried to like it for way to long (running a league)

Hopefully it will be a demo for this one as well :)

not yet, its in beta testing :)
I probably won't get a reply but whatver, asking won't hurt :grin:

I know this is a tiny issue compared to physics, sound etc but are the hand positions fixed in 1.0? I usually race with arms on but i have to disable driver arms right now due to arms not gripping the wheel properly.

know this is a tiny issue compared to physics, sound etc but are the hand positions fixed in 1.0? I usually race with arms on but i have to disable driver arms right now due to arms not gripping the wheel properly

in the version I am testing I can confirm that the hand position is pretty good! :)

v1.0 is out today. Check your inbox's.

Changelog;

- Performance improved
- Optimized LODs
- Optimized textures
- Added LOD D
- Added new skins preview
- Fixed Darche reflection of carbody material
- Fixed Darce trunk position
- Fixed Bayro cockpit carbon mapping
- Fixed Venom 2 cockpit mirror
- Added blistering and graining
- Changed some values to match kunos GT2 tyres
- ABS disabled for all cars by default
- TCS now enabled by default

What is the procedure for installing this, just override all or is there anything else we need to do?

Edit: thanks si yes it does, just couldnt remember where i saw that :\

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes